Grilled

We Got Married.. And had a kid?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Seo Joo Hyun

I’ll wake Yong Oppa up in an hour or two.. I’ll let him sleep for a bit long.. I have a feeling this day is going to be long.. Sighhh.. Oh, I’ll tell my Eonnies about the local child services news while we’re at the beach with the kids and the girls..

 

“Ate, ibaba ko na po ba si Cherisse? (Eonni, should I take Cherisse downstairs?)”, I heard Yoo Na Eonni’s yoo-moh ask me from behind.

 

“Sige, Joy.. Paki.. Susunod ako.. Salamat.. (Go ahead, Joy.. Please.. I’ll be right there.. Thank you..)”, I answered.

 

“Chérie, aller avec Joy.. Soyez une bonne fille et attendre Mommy en bas, d'accord? (Darling, go with Joy.. Be a good girl and wait for Mommy downstairs, okay?)”, I instructed Cherisse while looking her in the eye, making sure she’s listening to me.

 

“Oui, Mommy.. (Yes, Mommy..)”, Cherisse answered before Yoo Na Eonni’s yoo-moh took her hand to guide her.

 

“Ingat kayo sa pagbaba ha..? (Be careful going downstairs, okay..?)”, I reminded Joy.

 

“Opo, Ate.. (Yes, Eonni..)”, she acknowledged before heading for the door.

 

“Now, where was I? Oh, right—is this enough diapers and mil—”

 

“Hyun, who was tha—OH MY GOD!!! I’m sorry, Hyun! I didn’t mean to—I thought you were—”

 

“What, Oppa?! What?! What happened?!”, I whirled around to face Yong Oppa only to see him go red in the face before turning his back towards me.

 

“I—I—I didn’t mean to walk in on you whi—while you’re still getting dressed!”, he exclaimed nervously.

 

Huh?!

 

“I am dressed, Oppa! You scared me! Cham!”, I confirmed as he turned around to face me once again only to turn right back again, doing a full 360 degree turn.

 

“Oh God, I’m so sorry! I thought you said you were dressed! I must have misheard you—”

 

“What do you mean, Oppa? I did say I am dressed—”

 

“What?! Oh, Hyun! You must be so worried about the local child services coming unannounced that you think you’re actually dressed—”

 

“Huh?! But I AM dressed, Oppa! I am!”, I insisted.

 

“Hyun, you’re not.. You’re uhhh just uhhh wearing a br—I don’t know how to tell you this but—you don’t have a top on, Hyun—”

 

“I DON’T?!”, I asked in shock while my hand automatically flew to my chest as I looked down.

 

What is he saying?! I am wearing a top!

 

“OPPA! Are you joking with me?! You are, aren’t you? For a minute there, you scared me.. I thought I really am tople—anyway, please stop joking, Yong Oppa.. It’s too early for that..”, I warned him as he peeked at me a little, only to turn around stiffly again.

 

“Hyun, I am NOT joking. Just please put on a shirt. Now. Before you go out. Where are you going, anyway?”, he asked me, still refusing to face me.

 

“To the beach—wait a minute.. Yong Oppa, did you think what I’m wearing is a br—this is a bikini top I’m wearing.. It’s not underwear.. It’s meant to be worn like this—”

 

“What?! NO WAY!”, he blurted out as he whirled around, but didn’t look directly at me and just kept his head down, staring intently on the floor.

 

“You are not going out in that, Hyun!”, he added adamantly.

 

Is he serious?! I am not in the mood for this!

 

“But, Oppa, this is the proper attire to wear to the beach!”, I reasoned out.

 

“We’re not in the beach yet, Hyun! Can’t you put something on top of it for now?!”, he suggested vehemently, still looking down that I almost looked at the floor if only to see what or who he’s arguing with.

 

“Here, put this on!”, he added as he took off the shirt he was wearing, this time it was my turn to blush and turn around.

 

“Oppa! What are you doing?! Put your shirt back on—”

 

“What?! Isn’t this the proper attire to wear to the beach—”

 

“Aishhh! Cham—”

 

“Hyung! Would you tell these brats—WHOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA—”

 

“Yahhh! Don’t you know how to knock—”

 

“—what are you guys doing?!”, Jong Hyun Oppa asked in surprise while Yong Oppa jumped in front of me, hiding me behind him as he tried to cover himself with the shirt he just took off.

 

Jin Ri and Ga Young joined us looking annoyed and frustrated, but changed their demeanor as soon as they spotted us.

 

“Yong Yong Oppa! Joo Hyun Eonni! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?! Ayieeeeeeee!!!”, they shouted teasingly.

 

Oh, these girls..

 

“Aishhh! Cham! We are NOT doing anything! Yah, Jong Hyun-ah! Turn around! Now—”

 

“Why—arasseoyo, Hyung—”

 

“Come on, wear this, Hyun! It’s clean! And I haven’t worn it longer than 5 minutes.. Please!”, he appealed as he offered me his shirt again.

 

“Aishhh! Arasseoyo, Oppa!”, I conceded as I took it from him and just held on to it for now.

 

“Eonni, you’re being harassed—”

 

“Yah—”

 

“—by Yong Yong Oppa to wear a top on top of your bikini top, aren’t you—”

 

“Boy, that was a lot of tops—”

 

“Yah!!! What are you guys wearing?! Actually, WHY are you guys NOT WEARING ANYTHING?! Go get dressed! Aaaaaarghhhhh!!!”, Yong Oppa shouted in alarm after finally noticing his female cousins.

 

“We ARE dressed!”, Ga Young and Jin Ri insisted together.

 

“You are NOT!”, Yong Oppa and Jong Hyun Oppa countered back.

 

“I told you, we’re going to the beach and we’re supposed to wear bathing suits there so we can work on our tan lines!”, Jin Ri reasoned out in frustration.

 

“How about I tan your hides—”

 

“Oppa!”, I protested.

 

“They deserve it, Hyun—”

 

“Why?! Because we’re wearing bathing suits on the beach—”

 

“Yah! Moon Ga Young! I expect this from the others, but not you—”

 

“And we’re not asking you to take your bathing suits off, but at least, wear something on top of it.. Here, I have shirts for you..”, Jong Hyun Oppa interjected calmly as he tried to hand Jin Ri and Ga Young each a shirt.

 

“But you already wore this—”

 

“Not that long! I just changed into that and grabbed this other one when I saw you two walk past my bedroom.. They’re clean, honest—”

 

“But it’s going to ruin the whole look—”

 

“Yah! Either wear Jong Hyun-ah’s shirts or I swear to God, I’m going to hunt the most hideous clothes I could find in Jeju and make you wear it for a week in public!”, Yong Oppa declared threateningly.

 

Uh-oh..

 

“Joo Hyun-ah, do you have Kim Sa Ja—WHOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAA—”

 

“Yah! Doesn’t anybody know how to knock anymore or is it just in this family?!”, Yong Oppa exclaimed in frustration, throwing his hands up in the air in surrender as Sig Oppa came in to our room unannounced.

 

“Are you guys having a  par—”

 

“We are NOT , Oppa/Hyung!”, the 5 of us simultaneously exclaimed making Jung Shin jump in surprise by the door. He was busy looking at the papers in his hands when he came in after Sig Oppa that he didn’t notice what was going on.

 

“Okay, fine! Half-—”

 

“OPPA/HYUNG—”

 

“Yah! What are you girls waiting for?! Put the shirts on! Cham!”, Yong Oppa demanded as Jin Ri, Ga Young, and I moved grudgingly.

 

Yong Oppa’s shirt smelled of soap and a hint of his cologne—the cologne I incidentally liked so much that I would supply Papa with it if only to smell it around the house when I’m home. I couldn’t help but smile as I tied Yong Oppa’s shirt a little on the side, revealing a little skin on my tummy, for a little style. Jin Ri and Ga Young did the same when they saw me do it, both smiling at me.

 

“Now that’s more like it! Did that hurt?! Cham!”, Yong Oppa huffed as he crossed his hands in front of him.

 

“I liked it when they were half—”

 

“Sig Oppa! Why are you here, anyway?!”, I cut him off before Yong Oppa and Jong Hyun Oppa tackled him to the ground because of his loose lips.

 

“The door was wide open so I just went in—arasseo! I need the bluepri—”

 

“Oh hey, ummm there you all are! The Eonnies just texted me and they’re asking if you all are ready since nobody’s answering their phones or texting back..”, Eun Ji called out from the bedroom door, poking her head in.

 

“Yah, Eun Ji-ah, come in here for a sec—”

 

“Huh? Why? I’m fine over here, Yong Yong Oppa.. I can hear you well—”

 

“Jung Eun Ji—”

 

“Arasseoyo..”, Eun Ji conceded as she walked in dressed like Jin Ri, Ga Young, and I a while ago, but only a little more revealing than we had on.

 

Jung Shin turned red and bowed his head while Yong Oppa and Jong Hyun Oppa slammed their palms onto their faces, looking exasperated. Sig Oppa, on the other hand, took his shirt off and handed it to Eun Ji when she passed by him.

 

“Thank you, Oppa..”, Eun Ji quietly said, putting on the shirt as fast as she could before her 2 older cousins could say anything.

 

“Calm down, I’m dressed, see?”, Eun Ji stated calmly.

 

“Yah! What are you guys doing he—TSK! TSK! TSK! I told you they’re not going to let you wear that!”, Sue Ji declared from the door. Unlike us, she was wearing a halter top coupled with a long skirt.

 

 

“For once, Bae Sue Ji, you’re right! Now, girls, look at Sue Ji-ah.. That’s how you should get yourselves dressed—”

 

“SNORT—”

 

“—if you’re going to the beach..”, Yong Oppa lectured us, gesturing for Sue Ji to model herself in front of us. She smiled smugly at us as she assumed a models stance with her hands on her hips before she cat-walked in front of us.

 

As soon as she took a step, Yong Oppa and Jong Hyun Oppa cursed loudly while Sig Oppa and Jung Shin gasped. The girls and I, on the other hand, started cheering and then full-on clapped our hands as Sue Ji strutted her stuff in our midst confidently.

 

“YAH! BAE SUE JI! STOP MOVING!”, Yong Oppa yelled as Jong Hyun Oppa started pulling on his hair frustratedly.

 

“What?! What’s wrong?!”, Sue Ji asked in confusion, stopping in her tracks, one flawless leg in front of the other. Her long skirt had a slit up to the band on her waist that was the only thing keeping it together, revealing the one-piece bathing suit underneath every time she walked. And when she turned around to walk back, the bathing suit that I thought was a halter top, was backless and it was cut so low that it dipped beyond the band of her skirt making Eun Ji whistle because of how y and provocative it was.

 

“I am NOT giving her my pants!”, Jung Shin commented as the rest of the girls and I, aside from Sue Ji, burst out laughing.

 

“What? What’s so funny?! Oppa, what are you doing—”

 

“I’m going to go INSANE with you brats! Grahhhhhhhh!!!”, Jong Hyun Oppa complained as he herded Sue Ji outside trying to cover her as much as he could while Yong Oppa looked so annoyed he couldn’t even speak anymore.

 

“Oppa.. Are you alright?”, I asked tentatively as Jin Ri and Ga Young helped Eun Ji tie the shirt, that Sig Oppa gave her, at the back. Sig Oppa and Jung Shin, on the other hand, vacated the room as soon as I handed the blueprint they wanted.

 

“I’m just—I’m just—aishhh!!! I don’t know how my Samchons handled their daughters when they’re being like this!”, he complained, massaging his temples tiredly.

 

“Eihhhh.. They’re not that bad.. Be thankful they don’t do drugs or sleep around.. They don’t even have boyfriends or boys hanging around them when they’re old enough to even get married..”, I reasoned out as I glanced at the 3 girls busy rolling up the sleeves of their shirts this time.

 

“I guess you’re right.. It could be worse.. Sighhh.. At least, with Cherisse, we have a long way to go before she turns into one of them.. Whew!”, he said, looking relieved as I stared at him, waiting for a sign that he was joking.

 

Does he really think we can keep Cherisse forever? I wish..

 

“Where IS Cherisse?”, he asked, looking around.

 

“She’s downstairs with the yoo-mohs and the rest of the kids, Oppa..”, I informed him.

 

“Okay, just let me grab a shirt and my backpack and we’ll go down—”

 

“Ummm Oppa, I’m sorry to tell you this, but only the girls are going to the beach—”

 

“Uh-huh! For girls only—”

 

“That’s why I didn’t wake you up.. I thought you’d be tired with all that happened yesterday so I decided to let you sleep in.. Did we wake you? We were being quiet even though I know the studio is soundproofed—”

 

“No, you didn’t wake me, Hyun.. I just—I just couldn’t sleep because of, you know..”, he cut me off sadly.

 

“Oh.. Yes, that.. I’m planning on telling my Eonnies about that today.. But if you wanna come with us, I’m sure they’d let you.. We can tell them together—”

 

“Oh no, Hyun! That’s alright! You can tell your Eonnies..”, he conceded, looking relieved.

 

“And I’ll tell the guys..”, he added.

 

“Okay.. We’ll do that.. Now go back to the studio and sleep.. Or maybe you’d like to sleep on this bed?”, I suggested.

 

“No, I think I’ll walk with you downstairs and talk to Cherisse before you leave for the beach.. Is this all you’re taking?”, he asked as he picked up the bag I was packing when he came out.

 

“Yes, I think that’s enough.. We’ll just be on the ummm private beach of the mansion, you ummm know, just uhhh down the uhhh back garden stairs—”

 

Where you two had your FIRST DATE? Of course, he knows! Look at him blushing! I bet you are, too! – Yah!

 

“—anyway, if I missed anything, I’ll just come home and get it—”

 

“No, just text me and I’ll get it for you, Hyun..”, he told me, smiling shyly.

 

“Really? Thanks, Oppa..”, I said smiling gratefully as we walked out of the room where the rest of the girls were waiting for us. Sue Ji was now wearing another shirt from Jong Hyun Oppa on top of her backless swimsuit and the long skirt was replaced by denim shorts like the ones we were all wearing.

 

We met the rest outside, in a garden where a winding stairs is located leading down to the beach—the very same staircase Yong Oppa and I took the other night.

 

“Yah, it’s the yoo-mohs’ off, arasseo? Don’t pester them with ANYTHING, got it? I don’t care if you a dropped something and it rolled near them, go pick it up yourself.. Or if you need medical attention because you’re about to die and—”

 

“I think they got it, Yu Ri-ah! Cham!”, Mi Young Eonni cut-in as the guys nodded their heads in unison.

 

 “You’re on your own with your food, too, by the way—”

 

“We have Chef Lee here, we’ll be fine.. Now, go.. We’ve already set up the lounge chairs and umbrellas.. The cooler with your food and drinks are down there, too.. There’s also a marquee for the kids if they want to nap or if they get too hot.. Are you sure we can’t come with you? Or at least, one of us?”, Nich Khun Hyungbu asked looking worried.

 

“We’ll be fine, Honey.. Just keep an eye out for us.. If we need anything, we’ll call you..”, Mi Young Eonni answered, giving a reassuring smile to her husband.

 

“Arasseo.. Don’t worry, about these guys.. I’ll make sure we’ll ALL stay out of trouble.. Enjoy your sunbathing, just please don’t burn your skins or get skin cancer..”, Nich Khun Hyungbu reminded us.

 

“Sung Ri-ah, Nikhi, are you sure you don’t want to come with us?”, Yoo Na Eonni asked the two boys standing proudly among the men.

 

“No, Mama Na-Na.. You said it’s the girls day-out so you girls all have fun.. Nikhi and I will stay here with the guys where we belong—”

 

“Arrr! Arrr! Arrr! Arrr Arrr!”, the men grunted, beating their chests like cave men.

 

“Aishhh! Arasseo.. Let’s go, girls, before they start howling! Cham!”, Yu Ri Eonni gestured hurriedly as we gathered our bags and whatever else we were bringing to the beach down below.

 

“Yah, Joo Hyun-ah, are you forgetting something?”, Yoo Na Eonni asked me tentatively. I stared at her, doing a mental breakdown of the things I packed that I will need for Cherisse—

 

Cherisse!

 

I whipped my head to the right without even realizing that I knew where THEY were even before I saw them.

 

Yong Oppa and Cherisse were face to face as if having a serious talk with each other. I watched as Cherisse kept nodding as if she understood everything Yong Oppa was telling her, then he kissed her nose and Cherisse in return hugged Yong Oppa so tight I felt a pang of envy.

 

You’re envious of what exactly? Of Cherisse hugging him or Cherisse GETTING to hug him? — Aishhh!

 

“Aigooo, you two.. We are just going to the beach! You’ll see each other again in just a few hours! Cham!”, Yu Ri Eonni commented as I walked to where Yong Oppa and Cherisse were still hugging tightly, unable to let go of each other.

 

“Oppa, maybe you should come with us.. I don’t think the girls would mind—”

 

“No! No way! I want to work on my tan lines and I don’t need him hovering over me and covering me with a towel—”

 

“But—”

 

“No, Eonni—”

 

“Yah! Arasseo, you brat! Cham! It’s okay, Hyun.. This is your time with them.. Anyway, I was just giving babycakes here some instructions on how to take care of you since I won’t be there to do that.. She kept nodding and saying ‘oui’ so I guess she understood or, at least, got the gist..”, he chuckled as I tried not to blush at what he just stated casually.

 

He does take care of me.. Wow.. So this is how it feels..

 

“Mommy—”

 

“Hmm? What? Oh, right.. Let’s go, ma chérie.. Let’s say I love you and bye bye to Daddy..”, I said absently as I took Cherisse from Yong Oppa who looked like I said something wonderful because he’s donning his cheek-bursting smile again.

 

“Have fun, you two.. Be safe..”, I vaguely heard him say as I made sure I had Cherisse safely tucked in my arms.

 

“We’ll see you later, Oppa..”, I added, smiling at him as brightly as he was smiling at us while I joined my sisters who waited for me at the gate of the stairs.

 

What did I say?

 

 

 

Horvejkul-Seo Mi Young

Aigoooo..

 

Yu Ri, Yoo Na, and I looked at each other, mirroring each other’s mixed emotions as we watched Yong Hwa, Joo Hyun, and Cherisse interact with each other. We were happy that our sister was finally experiencing what it’s like to have her own family like we were—the joy it brings that a mere smile from Yong Hwa made our sister shine so bright, the sun would be embarrassed, but at the same time worried because we all knew they can’t keep Cherisse for good.

 

“Eonni, I’ll take that—”

 

“No, it’s okay, Joo Hyun-ie.. I have this.. Just watch your step going down.. I don’t want you and Cherisse rolling your way down to the beach..”, Yu Ri Eonni reminded me.

 

“Arasseoyo.. Thank you, Ri-Ri Eonni..”, Joo Hyun nodded gratefully, hugging her daughter tightly to her.

 

“Mi-Mi Eonni, give me your bag and just guide Joo Hyun-ie down the stairs.. Take Cherisse if she gets tired..”, Yoo Na suggested as I handed her my beach bag.

 

“I’ll be okay, Eonni—”

 

“Eihhh, just to be sure, Joo Hyun-ie.. Let’s go downstairs together..”, I agreed as I took our maknae’s elbow so I can hold on to her as we made our way down.

 

“Besides, Mi-Mi Eonni needs help going down, what with her age and all—”

 

“Yah!”, I scolded Yu Ri who started laughing making Yoo Na and Joo Hyun laugh which made Cherisse do the same.

 

 

“Cherisse! You’re laughing at Mama Mi-Mi, too?”, I asked her as I pouted.

 

“Oui! (Yes!)”, she confirmed, making us laugh harder.

 

After a while, we reached the beach. It was a gorgeous day. The sun has just started shining in the blue sky mirrored by the sea below. Yong Hwa’s cousins were each occupying a beach chair with an umbrella overhead. They were taking out things from their bags and setting them on a small table between 2 chairs. The kids on the other hand were seated on a pair of mats with what looks like a cross between an umbrella and a tent over it, starting to play with the sand surrounding them.

 

 

“Mikhi, Sunny, Gi Na-yah, come over here first and let us put on some sunblock on you..”, we heard Eun Ji call out as she, Sue Ji, and Jin Ri waited for them to come over, sunblock in hand.

 

I and my sisters smiled at each other, silently thanking God that our brother’s in-laws weren’t stuck up, snobby girls.

 

They were brought up right.. I hope my daughter and her cousins grow up as beautiful inside and out as these girls..

 

Joo Hyun sat down beside Soo Jung, who was being assisted by Ga Young, as the two worked on their daughters, exchanging info on how to raise a daughter while Yu Ri, Yoo Na, and I checked the food and beverages the guys brought down for us from the mansion for our breakfast.

 

We settled on a quiet morning as we went on about our way. After a while, we all found ourselves lounging on the beach chairs while we kept an eye on the kids playing on the sand in front of us.

 

“Too bad, Shin Hye Eonni isn’t here..”, Ga Young murmured as we all looked at the empty chair that was supposed to be hers. She and Taec Yeon decided to go home to their vacation house after the beach party last night. We wanted them to stay but we knew they wanted some alone time together so we let them go, but they promised they’d join the dinner we were planning on having as a thank you to Kim Sa Jangnim.

 

“I guess Shin Hye Eonni can’t wait to be alone with Taec Yeon Oppa! Hihihi—”

 

“Who wouldn’t?! Did you see his banging bod last night—”

 

“Yah—”

 

“Oh, please don’t remind me—”

 

“Too late! Hmmm—”

 

“Ahahahaha—”

 

“Oh, you girls—”

 

“What?! He’s y, Eonni—”

 

“Yah! Stop it, Sue Ji-ah—”

 

“What?! He is—”

 

“We know—”

 

“We saw—”

 

“And now imagining it again—”

 

“Jung Eun Ji—”

 

“What?! I can’t help it! You brought it up—”

 

“I did not—”

 

“You did, too—”

 

“Did not—”

 

“Did, too—”

 

“Yah—”

 

“Arasseo, arasseo—”

 

“But honestly, Eonnies, you are all so lucky.. You’re all married to gorgeous men! Even Soo Jung Eonni! I wish the rest of us would get lucky in that department, too..”, Ga Young suddenly commented, making our jaws drop since she’s always so quiet and the last person on the planet we thought we’d ever hear say something like that.

 

I thought she’s as reserved as Joo Hyun-ie.. I guess she’s feisty, too like her cousins which is good.. She’ll never be manipulated or pushed over by men or anyone by the looks of it..

 

“Ga Young-ah, just have faith.. One day, you’ll meet the man for you and even if he’s the ugliest guy in the world, knock on wood, in your eyes he’ll be the iest, most beautiful man you’ve ever seen..”, Soo Jung advised while my married sisters and I nodded our agreement.

 

“Yeah, have faith, maknae.. One day, we’ll find our gorgeous husband, too like they did..”, Eun Ji assured Ga Young.

 

“Well, except for Joo Hyun Eonni, that is.. She lucked out..”, Jin Ri added, looking apologetic towards our sister.

 

“I think Yong Oppa is handsome—”

 

Huh?!

 

“Yeah, sorry about that—wait! What did you say, Eonni?!”, Sue Ji exclaimed, rounding at Joo Hyun after hearing her quietly defend Yong Hwa.

 

“What? Did I say something?”, Joo Hyun asked innocently as 8 pairs of eyes looked at her curiously.

 

“Eonni, we heard you! You said you think Yong Yong Oppa is handsome! Ayieeeee!!!”, Sue Ji repeated teasingly.

 

“I—I—I did? Must be the heat—”

 

“Eihhhhhhh!”, Yong Hwa’s cousins protested as Yu Ri, Yoo Na, and I looked at her, unable to decide if we should save her or let her be grilled because we were curious, too.

 

“It’s not that humid and we’re all under an umbrella, Eonni!”, Jin Ri added.

 

“You mean you’re not hot? It’s just me, then.. Aigooo..”,  Joo Hyun asked in a small voice, starting to fan herself with her hands.

 

“Maybe because you just said something you didn’t mean to say out-loud, Eonni..”, Soo Jung teased.

 

“Ahahaha ha ha ha..”, Joo Hyun laughed awkwardly while nervously fidgeting in her seat as we continued to stare at her.

 

“But seriously, Eonni, do you really think Yong Yong Oppa is handsome?”, Sue Ji asked again, one eye brow arched as if Joo Hyun just lost her mind while the rest waited for her answer.

 

“I—I—I—I—”

 

Aigooo.. Oh, Seo Joo Hyun..

 

“I think Joo Hyun-ie was just defending Yong Hwa-yah out of loyalty because you girls are putting him down and he’s not here to defend himself..”, I interjected, deciding to help out my sister at the last minute.

 

“Eihhhhhh, Eonni, we were, are, and will always be loyal to Yong Yong Oppa.. We love him so much, we’d literally kill for him! We just don’t see him as someone who’s handsome or even a man, actually—”

 

“That’s because you’re all his cousins, but in the eyes of other women, he’s very ehem handsome.. If he wasn’t, I don’t think he’d be named as one of the most sought-after bachelor not only in South Korea, but in the world..”, Joo Hyun reasoned out, not realizing that she’s digging her own grave even deeper.

 

What?! Aigooo, Joo Hyun-ah! You’re on your own! Cham!

 

“So you do think he’s handsome, Eonni!”, Ga Young exclaimed, smiling so big I thought her cheeks would hurt later as her other cousins including Soo Jung cheered, clapping and laughing in excitement.

 

At this, Joo Hyun started running her hand through her hair unnecessarily, a clear sign that she’s very nervous. I couldn’t help but laugh as Yu Ri and Yoo Na, realizing the same thing that I just did, joined me.

 

“What? What’s so funny, Eonnies?!”, she asked, looking confused at the 3 of us, while the other 5 were still busy rejoicing.

 

For the very first time, Seo Joo Hyun is very impressed by a guy, that he makes her nervous with just the mere mention of his name.. I thought this day will never come.. Aigooo..

 

 

 

Seo In Guk

I wonder what the girls are doing now.. Probably yapping their mouths off.. About a guy, I bet—

 

“OUCH!”, Yong Hwa exclaimed, wincing in pain as we all glanced at his direction.

 

“What?”, Nich Khun Hyung asked, stopping from stretching and jogging in his place like we were all doing before we started our 5 on 5 basketball game. Yong Hwa, Jong Hyun, Jung Shin, Min Hyuk, and Nikhi are in one team, while my 3 cousins-in-law, Sung Ri, and I are in the other team. After making our breakfast, we decided to pack them and bring them to the basement where the indoor basketball court was located. We thought we’d have a game first before we have breakfast since it was too early to have one, anyway.

 

“I bhit mhy thongue!”, he complained, letting his tongue out in the process.

 

“Quick, Hyung, give me a number!”, Jung Shin ordered.

 

“Yhah, I alrheadhy heahrd thath frhom—”

 

“Then give me a number, Hyung—”

 

“Fhine! Thwelve mhillhion twho hundhred nhinethy onhe thoushand nhine hundhred shevhenthy height!”, Yong Hwa answered, looking annoyed.

 

“Aishhh!”, Jung Shin let out, scratching his head, making us laugh as he tried to figure out the answer in his head.

 

“Yah! Enough of that! Let’s go play!”, I barked as I flipped a coin to see who gets the ball first.

 

“Heads!”, Jong Hyun called-out.

 

“Heads, it is!”, I confirmed.

 

“I really do have ESPN!”, we heard Jong Hyun exclaim in wonder as we jogged to our starting position.

 

“There were only 2 choices, Jong Hyun-ah, of course, you’re bound to—oh, never mind! Cham!”, Chang Sun Hyung started to explain, but decided against it as he threw the ball to Jong Hyun so we can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter