Aftermath

We Got Married.. And had a kid?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jung Yong Hwa

I woke up with a start because I felt a hand on my throat and a pressure against my upper left torso preventing me from moving. It’s as if the left part of my upper body had gone numb. I moved my head to the left to see what was rendering me immovable and all I saw was hair—lots of it. I lifted my right hand to feel what was preventing me from getting up, when I felt this shooting pain from my knuckles creep up my arm.

 

“Ooowww..”, I groaned. Then I remembered what happened last night. Cho Kyu Hyun’s stunt (That jerk!), my hand, Hyun’s arms, and Cherisse’s non-stop crying.

 

“Shhh.. Oppa, be quiet..”, warned a voice.

 

“Hyun..?”, I asked.

 

“Yes.. Can you move? Cherisse is on me and her hand is holding my neck..”, said Hyun softly. I realized both of us were trapped beneath half of Cherisse’s body, who was on her tummy, with our necks in each of her hand as if she thinks we were going to leave her while she sleeps.

 

Even in her sleep, she doesn’t want to let us go.. Poor babycakes..

 

“Mine, too.. My left side is numb, but I’ll try getting up without waking her..”, I said, flexing my super sore right hand and trying to see if my left was responsive yet. It wasn’t.

 

I tried my best to slip, wiggle, and maneuver my way out from Cherisse’s hold on my neck and from under her, without jostling her too much, but to no avail. Every time I move, her hand tightens around my neck. My left side was no help because it was still desensitized. After a few seconds, I tried again. I was almost out when I heard a sound that sounded like the start of a sob. I froze.

 

Sniff.. “Daddy..” Sniff.. Sniff..

 

Uh-oh..!

 

I looked up and met a pair of swollen, teary blue eyes staring at me, as if asking where am I going. I wiggled my way back to my original position much to the protest of my body. Then the bed started shaking. I thought, at first, it was an earthquake, but then I noticed that the bed was the only thing moving as I tried to look around.

 

“HahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..”, laughed Hyun, uncontrollably. I kept thinking if she had somehow fallen back to sleep and was dreaming. I looked at her and she was looking at me, eyes watering from trying to stop herself from laughing so hard. I started laughing, too, when I realized I must have looked like an idiot, wiggling in and out of bed, trying not to be caught by a little girl who must have been staring at me since I first tried getting out.

 

As our laughter continued, Cherisse got up and sat between Hyun and me, looking at us as if we’ve lost our minds. When our laughter finally subsided, we got up at the same time, groaning, clutching the side where Cherisse slept on us through dawn. As soon as we sat on the edge of the bed, Cherisse got up, stood between us, faced our direction, and put each arm around our necks. Hyun and I looked at each other apprehensively.

 

Omo.. It looks like she’s still suffering from separation anxiety.. But this time a little more pronounced.. Because before, just to see us would be enough, now she won’t let go of either one of us.. Our poor, babycakes..

 

“At least, she’s not crying anymore..”, I said to Hyun. She nodded.

 

“How are we supposed to, you know, get ready now?”, she asked, perplexed. She must have been worried about how she looked, but to me, she still looked like a goddess. She was still wearing my jacket, that coincidentally matches her peach blouse, and her black slacks that were wrinkled now.

 

“How about we take it one step at a time? Would you like to wash up and maybe brush our teeth first? We’ll take turns in holding her..”, I suggested. She agreed.

 

We got up with a little difficulty as our bodies were a little cramped up from sleeping in just one position. I know Hyun would have wanted to stretch first, but seeing as Cherisse wouldn’t let us go, she just had to do without it. She let me carry Cherisse, while she walked as close as she could to me, as Cherisse still has her other arm around her neck. When we got to the bathroom, she took off my jacket that she was wearing to protect her arms. I tried to stifle my gasp when I saw the nasty bruises in both her arms, which had now turned black and blue. I could even trace the shape of fingers in them. I stopped myself from cursing, as I was holding the now quiet Cherisse.

 

“Oppa, I’m okay.. It doesn’t hurt that much anymore..”, Hyun assured me, seeing me stare at her bruises through narrowed eyes.

 

I just nodded and kept quiet because I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to stop myself from cursing that jerk of a boss of hers to hell and back if I opened my mouth. I just hoped that his broken nose hurts a million times more than what he inflicted on Hyun and Cherisse.

 

We had a difficult time convincing Cherisse to at least let go of Hyun so she could wash her face and brush her teeth. In the end, we were able to sit her in between the 2 sinks in the bathroom, her hands clutching a handful of our shirt-front, while my right hand and Hyun’s left hand were around Cherisse’s waist preventing her from falling down. We had to wash our faces and brush our teeth hunched over the sink since we couldn’t stand up straight because of Cherisse. It was more difficult for me because I had to use my left hand. My right hand was still burning from the gashes I got punching the door open. The only good thing about our situation was working with Hyun overcome what we’re facing. We looked like Siamese twins joined at the shoulders down to the hips.

 

“Oppa, hold our toothbrushes so I can put toothpaste on it..”, she instructed, giving me her toothbrush.

 

“Be careful, Hyun! Don’t let your toothbrush touch my toothbrush.. You’re going to give me an indirect kiss..”, I said, teasing her.

 

“Aishhh! Seriously!”, she said, blowing air through her nose. I laughed.

 

“Stop shaking the toothbrushes, Oppa!”, complained Hyun, getting toothpaste all over the sink.

 

“My arm is cramping up! Hurry, Hyun!”, I said, deliberately shaking my hand and trying not to laugh.

 

“I AM hurrying, Oppa! Stop shaking it! Aishhh! Come on, Yong Oppa! Our backs will hurt even more if we spend more time bending like this!”, she scolded me, nostrils flaring.

 

“Arasseo! Arasseo!”, I laughed, conceding.

 

After a few more difficulties, this time washing our faces with just one hand, we went back to sit on the sofa exhausted, when there was a knock on the door. Hyun and I both sighed because we only just sat down.

 

“Aishhh! Go away!”, I shouted at the door.

 

“Oppa! You’re going to scare Cherisse..”, Hyun warned me, hugging Cherisse to her. I couldn’t carry her out of the bathroom because I had splashed water all over my shirt, trying to use just my left hand, which made Hyun laugh so hard and made Cherisse smile a little—it was all worth it.

 

“Oh, sorry, babycakes..”, I said to Cherisse, while holding her hand.

 

“Come on, get up, Oppa.. Lets open the door.. It might be important..”, Hyun persuaded me.

 

“Or it might be that JERK. If it’s him, I’m closing the door on his face. And don’t you stop me, Seo Joo Hyun.”, I said, warning her.

 

“Don’t worry, Oppa, if it is him, I’ll help you close the door.”, she said, eyes narrowing.

 

I walked ahead of Hyun, while still holding Cherisse’s hand and peeked on the peep hole. It was my Manager and he looked pissed.

 

 

 

Seo Joo Hyun

Yong Oppa opened the door and his Manager was standing outside looking so mad, it was scary.

 

“Jung Yong Hwa! I’ve been calling you for the past 3 hours and you weren’t answering! I even tried your room landline and STILL nobody answered! I was with the WGM staff and they wanted to talk to you both, but I couldn’t reach you! They set up a meeting at 7am—”

 

“But Hyung, its 9 now—”, Yong Oppa reasoned-out, cutting his Manager off.

 

“YES, I KNOW! BECAUSE YOU DIDN’T ANSWER YOUR PHONE! How can I tell you when you won’t answer your phone! After an hour of wai—”, Manager Oppa faltered as he looked around, noticing the broken adjoining room door and scattered splinters on the floor.

 

“What happened here????!!!”, he exclaimed, looking confused. When he finally noticed me, his eyes went wide and gasped.

 

“Seohyun-ssi!!! What happened to your arms?! Were you attacked by the paparazzi???!!! Did you see their faces?! Would you remember them if you see them again?! Call the police now! I’ll call the police!”, he said, agitated as he fumbled to get his cell-phone out of his pocket.

 

“Hyung! It’s not the paparazzi! Calm down! And stop dialing the police!”, Yong Oppa said, trying to swipe his Manager’s phone away from him without letting go of Cherisse’s hand.

 

“Then who did this, Yong Hwa-yah?!”, Yong Oppa’s Manager asked, indicating the shattered door.

 

“I did..”, Yong Oppa quietly admitted.

 

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?! YOU did this???! Why?! And you did this to Seohyun-ssi, too?! Are you CRA—”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter