The In-Laws

We Got Married.. And had a kid?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Horvejkul-Seo Mi Young

We were in a mansion that has so many rooms, I couldn’t count them all in my hands AND feet, yet we chose to wait and sit on the steps of the main staircase facing the front door. We wanted to wait outside, but Yong Hwa’s Manager, who insisted we call him Manager Oppa/Hyung, wouldn’t let us, arguing that Yong Hwa’s Mother would kill him if any one of us gets sick while we were in his care. He was really scared of her after getting in trouble for not being there when Joo Hyun and Yong Hwa had an argument with Joo Hyun’s colleague. Although, for me, I think Imonim is sweet.

 

Heck, she ATE a table decoration just to please a Thai Ahjumma she doesn’t even know!

 

 “Are all the kids asleep?”, I asked everyone around me, as we waited for our maknae to arrive with her instant family.

 

Whoa.. That feels weird.. Our Joo Hyun-ie has a ‘DAUGHTER’ and a ‘HUSBAND’.. Something I have always wanted her to have.. But now that it’s here, even if it’s just temporary, I have mixed feelings about it..

 

“Yes, Eonni.. The yoo-mohs1 (nannies) are with them, so no worries.. I just checked a couple of minutes ago..”, Yoo Na answered from a few steps behind me, massaging her husband’s head according to his instructions as he’s a Doctor.

 

“Where’s Min Hyuk-ie and Soo Jung-ie? I could have had Yoo Na-yah’s yoo-moh take care of Min Jung-ie, so they could take a rest for a little while..”, Yu Ri inquired as she leaned on her husband, Chang Sun, a few more steps up the staircase.

 

“Min Hyuk-ah’s making coffee for us and Soo Jung-ie probably accompanied him, in case he gets lost in this mansion..”, Seung Gi replied from behind me, chuckling.

 

“I offered to make it, but they said we already prepared dinner for everyone..”, Chang Sun shrugged, who’s a Chef like his wife.

 

“I don’t think those two are ready to let their daughter be taken care of by someone else yet.. You know those three are inseparable..”, added my husband, who was standing with Manager Oppa near the door, looking at a monitor showing the main gate of the mansion.

 

“They’re new parents.. Just give them time.. Once their daughter learns to walk and talk, they’ll ask Santa Claus for a yoo-moh for Christmas.. You’ll see..”, Manager Oppa commented absently.

 

“Where are they?! They said they were on their way home and that Yong Hwa-yah was driving because Moon Sik-ssi had a little drink during dinner..”, he continued, sounding worried.

 

“Don’t worry too much, Manager Hyung.. Yong Hwa Hyung is probably driving carefully because it’s dark and Joo Hyun-ie and Cherisse are in the car.. He’s probably going slow.. Yaaawn!”, I heard Jong Hyun say from the other staircase, where he and his female cousins were all waiting.

 

At first, we were all there, sitting on each side of the twin staircases, but as the night went on, one by one, the kids started to fall asleep and had to be carried by their Fathers to the amazing bedrooms the mansion had to offer. Then, Yong Hwa’s cousins went next.

 

“Jong Hyun-ah, take Ga Young-ie to her bedroom.. She’s already asleep.. Poor girl.. She told me she had to take extra shifts in the hospital so she could go along on this trip with all of us.. Apparently, she had something important to discuss with your cousin..”, I instructed Jong Hyun as soon as I saw Ga Young’s head slump on the step of the staircase.

 

“Actually, why don’t you all go to bed..? You’re all about to pass out.. Joo Hyun-ie and your cousin will understand if you’re not here to greet them.. And besides, you’ll see them tomorrow.. Yah, come on, it’s time for bed..”, Yu Ri declared, getting up and crossing the foyer to get to the girls on the other staircase, who all started to argue weakly. At the same time, Soo Jung and Min Hyuk, came back with a tray of cups and a pot of coffee.

 

“Eonni—”

 

“But—”

 

“I wa—”

 

“Yah, remember what Imo told us.. They are in charge, so please just go..”, Soo Jung reminded her cousins, which made the girls groan, but didn’t argue anymore.

 

Eun Ji got up and helped Jong Hyun get Ga Young into his arms because she was fast asleep and wouldn’t be able to hold on to Jong Hyun anymore if he piggybacks her. Chang Sun and Seung Gi ended up giving Jin Ri and Sue Ji piggyback rides since they were too sleepy to even get up. Yu Ri opened doors and made sure the 4 girls were comfortable before they went back to the foyer, minus Jong Hyun, who decided to go to sleep, too.

 

Yoo Na was giving out cups, while Min Hyuk poured the coffee when the three got back.

 

“Min-Min-ie, pour some coffee.. Min Hyuk-ie..? Yah! Seo Min Hyuk!”, Yoo Na shouted at our distracted brother.

 

“Huh?! Oh sorry, Noona..”, he apologized, as he poured coffee on Chang Sun’s cup.

 

“What’s wrong with you, Min Hyuk-ah? Are you sleepy, too? Go to bed and take Soo Jung-ie wi—”

 

“No, no.. It’s not that, Mi-Mi Noona.. It’s just that I had a strong sense of déjà vu when I saw Jong Hyun Hyung carry Ga Young-ie earlier.. I keep thinking where and when I saw the same action, but I just couldn’t put my finger on it..”, he responded, looking frustrated.

 

“Ga Young-ie?”, Yoo Na asked.

 

“Yes, and instead of Jong Hyun Hyung, I keep seeing Papa..”, he said, deep in thought.

 

“Eh? Papa?! How..?”, Yu Ri asked, surprised.

 

“Those two haven’t even met.. She wasn’t able to attend your wedding, too, remember?”, I reminded him.

 

“What a weird combination..”, I heard Soo Jung say.

 

“Yes, I know.. It IS weird, but somehow I—”

 

“They’re here!”, my husband exclaimed, followed by a car horn giving a short honk and Manager Oppa running out to open the gate.

 

They’re home.. Our maknae is finally home..

 

The front door of the mansion opened and revealed such an unexpected but beautiful sight, as Joo Hyun came in with Yong Hwa beside her, carrying a gorgeous blue-eyed baby girl in between them with each of the baby’s arm around them. They all look so close and so good together that you’d think they really are a FAMILY.

 

Omona.. They look like they belong with each other.. They’re even dressed alike.. Aigooo..

 

“Joo Hyun-ie..”, I called out when I noticed her sad face.

 

“Eonni!”, she cried out when she finally noticed us waiting for her. Her face lit up and ran towards me, giving me a hug so tight, I thought my bones would break. But I didn’t mind because our baby sister was finally with us again.

 

“I missed you—”

 

“Yah, yah! Wait for me!”, I heard Yu Ri chime in, who hugged us from the left.

 

“I can’t believe you’re all here—”

 

“Yah! Me, too!”, Yoo Na piped up, who joined us from the right.

 

“I missed you all so much—”

 

“Hey, don’t forget about me..”, I heard our only brother say from Joo Hyun’s back, as he enclosed us four in his arms.

 

The Seo siblings are finally together again..

 

 

 

Seo Min Hyuk

I decided to take the cups and pot of coffee back to the kitchen we all decided to use during our stay here. It was the simplest kitchen we’ve discovered so far. I figured I’ll get back even before they get inside the mansion.

 

“Just stay here, Sparkles.. I’ll be right back..”, I told my wife, who nodded as she sat on one of the steps of the staircase feeding our baby a bottle of milk, while my Noonas all stood up in anticipation of our sister’s arrival who we haven’t seen for almost 2 years now.

 

When I got back to the foyer, I found my Noonas hugging my twin sister, her back to me.

 

“Hey, don’t forget about me..”, I said as I joined in and enclosed them all in my arms. I heard Joo Hyun’s sobs and felt all my sisters’ hands adjust so they could reach out to add me in their embrace.

 

“Yah! WE missed her, too!”, I heard one of my brothers-in-law say before I felt all three of them take part in our group hug, each standing behind their respective wives, which made the girls giggle. We stayed like that for what felt like an eternity when I heard someone talk.

 

“Mommy..”, said a voice so tenderly, it all caught our attention. We broke out of the hug and looked at the direction of the voice.

 

“She’s there, babycakes.. See? There’s Mommy..”, Yong Hwa Hyungnim pointed from the door, talking to a baby with the bluest eyes I have ever seen.

 

Whoaaa.. She looks like an angel..

 

“Où, Daddy?2 (Where, Daddy?)”, she said, looking around.

 

“I’m here, darling.. I’m here..”, Joo Hyun interrupted from behind me, as she reluctantly let go of Mi Young Noona’s hand and walked towards her daughter, Cherisse and her husband, Yong Hwa Hyungnim.

 

My twin sister’s DAUGHTER and HUSBAND.. Wow.. I wanted her to have a family of her own, but now that it’s here.. I don’t think I’m ready for this..

 

While I take over feeding my baby, we watched as Cherisse and Yong Hwa Hyungnim stared intently at Joo Hyun as she walked towards them. When my sister reached them, Cherisse wiped her tears making Joo Hyun smile. She then kissed Joo Hyun on the forehead, after which my sister smooshed her face on Cherisse’s chest, making the little girl giggle. All the while, Yong Hwa Hyungnim was looking at them so tenderly, seemingly forgetting that there were other people around them.

 

Has he fallen for her..? No way.. It hasn’t even been a week since they met! There’s no way! Right..?

 

“Yaaa.. You three really look so good together..”, Seung Gi Maehyung marveled, breaking the silence in the room, as a teary-eyed Yoo Na Noona nodded beside him.

 

“You really do..”, agreed Yu Ri Noona, wiping tears from her eyes, while Chang Sun Maehyung was still hugging her from the back.

 

“I can’t sniff believe our maknae sniff has a family sniff of her own..”, Mi Young Noona sniffled, tears streaming down her face while her husband tried to wipe them.

 

“Mi-Mi Eonni.. You’re going to make me cry again..”, my twin sister protested, fanning her face with her hands.

 

“Yah, what’s with all the tears? This is supposed to be a happy time! So please stop crying, all of you! Before this gets back to Eommonim!”, Yong Hwa Hyungnim’s Manager exclaimed from the open door lugging a guitar case and some baby things, followed by a familiar lanky man carrying bags of what looked like take-out food, and a short stocky man carrying a water heater and more bags.

 

“Oh, by the way, guys, I’d like you to meet our VJ from the TV show WGM, Lee Moon Sik-ssi..”, Joo Hyun introduced the short, stocky man to us who smiled kindly.

 

“Moonie!”, shouted Cherisse giggling, making everyone laugh.

 

“Please just call me Moonie Ahjussi as Cherisse had named me..”, he informed us, bowing and chuckling, while everyone took turns introducing themselves to him.

 

“And this, you may recognize, is my colleague for almost 5 years now—”

 

“Jung Shin Chingu!!!”, everyone exclaimed, including me and my wife, which made us laugh all over again.

 

“Hello.. It’s nice to see you all again in person..”, said the smiling and bowing Jung Shin, who we, once in a while, would see in our chats with Joo Hyun.

 

After the introduction, Yong Hwa Hyungnim’s Manager, Jung Shin, and Moonie Ahjussi excused themselves to put down the things they were carrying.

 

“Hello, sweetie.. Do you remember me? Mama Mi Young.. Remember..?”, Mi Young Noona began, as she walked up to Cherisse, flashing her eye-smile at her.

 

“Mama Mi-Mi..”, Cherisse replied, smiling shyly at Mi Young Noona.

 

“Yes, that’s right! You remembered! Good girl.. I AM Mama Mi-Mi.. May I hold you, please, Cherisse..?”, she asked, holding her hands out to the little girl, offering to carry her.

 

We all waited with bated breath as the little girl seemed to think about it first. She looked at Yong Hwa Hyungnim who nodded encouragingly, and then at Joo Hyun who smiled, and then back and forth from Mi Young Noona to Joo Hyun, seeming to find something similar in them. When she was satisfied, she smiled and nodded, finally allowing Mi Young Noona to take her from Yong Hwa Hyungnim.

 

“You’re so cuuute, Cherisse!!!”, Mi Young Noona gushed, hugging the giggling little blue-eyed girl to her.

 

“Wow! I thought she’d reject you, Mi-Mi Eonni..”, Yoo Na Noona commented, smiling as everyone went closer to them.

 

“Does she let anyone carry her, Yong Yong Oppa?”, Soo Jung asked beside me.

 

“Yah, Soo Jung-ie.. Come here..”, Yong Hwa Hyungnim beckoned as soon as he realized he had a family member there, too.

 

Soo Jung smiled at me first and kissed our baby before she got up from the step we were sitting on and walked towards her cousin. When I met Yong Hwa Hyungnim’s eyes, he nodded while I gave him a little bow. Soo Jung then blocked our view as she hugged her cousin, after which Yong Hwa Hyungnim answered her question.

 

“Actually, the only other person who she allowed to carry her was the owner of this mansion, Kim Sa Jangnim.. Manager Hyung, Jung Shin-ssi, and Moonie Ahjussi haven’t tried yet.. I’m glad she allowed Mi Young Noona to take her from me..”, Yong Hwa Hyungnim replied, his arm around the shoulders of my wife, like they were close friends instead of cousins, but kept glancing at the other girl beside him.

 

He looks like he wants to put his other arm around Joo Hyun-ie.. Cham!

 

“Good choice, baby!”, Nich Khun Maehyung exclaimed, putting his hand up, which Cherisse understood and slapped, giggling.

 

“Nice one, Cherisse!”, praised Chang Sun Maehyung, laughing.

 

“Min-Min-ah, may I hold Min Jung-ie..?”, my twin sister asked, as she slowly approached us. She sat beside me on the stairs and peered at my baby daughter, who has just fallen asleep in my arms after finishing off her milk.

 

“Of course, Joo-Joo-ie.. This is the first time you’ll meet her, right..?”, I observed as I carefully handed my daughter over. She nodded as she stared in amazement at my baby, inhaling her scent and cradling her.

 

“I missed you, Joo-Joo-ie..”, I told my twin sister, before I kissed the top of her head and put my arm around her.

 

“I missed you too, Min-Min-ie..”, she answered back, leaning her head sideways on my shoulder, as she continued to stare at her baby niece.

 

“Yah, look at the Jungs..”, I heard Yu Ri Noona whisper, gesturing towards Yong Hwa Hyungnim and Soo Jung. They were both frowning at us.

 

Uh-oh..

 

“And a half..”, added Seung Gi Maehyung softly, as he nodded at Cherisse, who had the same expression as the Jung cousins and staring pointedly at Joo Hyun. Cherisse then wiggled out of Mi Young Noona’s arms, who was forced to put her down on the floor. She then wobblingly walked towards us and extended her hand towards Joo Hyun.

 

 

“Mommy, me chercher.3 (Mommy, pick me up.)”, she said, frowning.

 

“What did she say, Joo Hyun Cheoje?”, asked Chang Sun Maehyung.

 

“She wants me to pick her up, Hyungbu..”, Joo Hyun translated.

 

“Aigooo..”, Yoo Na Noona commented, chuckling.

 

Touching Cherisse’s cheek, Joo Hyun looked her in the eyes and introduced my baby to her, carefully explaining who the baby was. When Joo Hyun was done, Cherisse then pointed at me, making my twin sister look at me and laugh.

 

“What did I do?”, I asked, surprised.

 

“Yah, Seo Min Hyuk! Even a little foreigner girl THINKS you’re taking her Mommy AWAY from her Daddy! You’re too close to Joo Hyun-ie! AGAIN! You’re making the Jungs jealous!”, Yu Ri Noona scolded me for what felt like a millionth time since we were kids, while protests started up.

 

“Eonni, we just mis—”

 

“But I wasn’t jea—”

 

“Noona, I was just—”

 

“Eihhh.. Why would I—”

 

“Ahhh, the infamous ‘Jung Jealousy’.. I’m guessing Cherisse caught it..? I heard it’s contagious..”, Manager Hyung announced from the top of the stairs on his way back down as everyone nodded and laughed.

 

“Yah, Hyung! Watch your step! You might slip and break your—”

 

“Oppa!”, Joo Hyun protested standing up, scolding Yong Hwa Hyungnim, while Mi Young Noona had once again persuaded Cherisse to get back in her arms. This time she rested her head on Mi Young Noona’s shoulder, making my two other Noonas envious.

 

“Sorry, Hyung.. I was just concerned about your neck brea—arasseo, arasseo, Hyun..”, he relented after Joo  Hyun shot him a look.

 

We all exchanged glances because from what Soo Jung and her cousins told us earlier, we had the impression that Yong Hwa Hyungnim was a head-strong man. He does whatever he wants to do even if it means defying his parents’ wishes like joining the entertainment business instead of going to college or having BOTH his ears pierced in high school. So it was a bit of a shock to see him obey my sister with just one word and a look.

 

Uh-oh.. I think he HAS fallen for my sister.. Aigooo..

 

 

 

Seo Joo Hyun

“Oh, by the way.. Ri-Ri Eonn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter