Yongwall

We Got Married.. And had a kid?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Seo Joo Hyun

“Good morning, Moonie Ahjussi.. Please come in..”, I whispered as I opened the bedroom door for him, gesturing at the still sleeping Cherisse in the middle of the bed.

 

“Good morning.. Did I wake you, Seohyun-ssi?”, he asked me, whispering in return as he made his way in, cameras in hand.

 

“No, Ahjussi.. I was awake for almost an hour now.. I usually re-check my things and Cherisse’s that I prepared last night when I wake up.. I’m just reading a book before I wake Yong Oppa up so he can take over Cherisse while I get ready for work..”, I informed him.

 

“I see.. How do you wake Yong Hwa-ssi? How does a usual morning go with you three?”, he asked me while placing a camera facing the studio door and the one he’s holding, trained on Cherisse and me, on the bed.

 

“I send him a text message—”

 

“And that wakes him up? Readily?”, he asked, a little surprised.

 

“For some reason, yes.. Takes about 5 seconds, then he walks out covered in his blanket, hugging his pillow.. Want to see?”, I asked, chuckling.

 

“Oh yes, please! I want to see a famous actor getting up in the morning.. I’ll start recording now, okay Seohyun-ssi?”, he replied, laughing quietly. I nodded as I started to send a message to Yong Oppa.

 

After I hit send I started counting, “5, 4, 3, 2, 1..”, the door of the studio connected to the bedroom opened, revealing Yong Oppa enclosed in his blanket holding his pillow.

 

 

“Morning, Hyun..”, Yong Oppa greeted me, sounding muffled from inside his thick blanket, while he nodded his greetings to Moonie Ahjussi. I let him know that our VJ was already here recording when I sent him a message.

 

“Good morning, Oppa..”, I greeted him quietly back, smiling.

 

Sitting on the bed, next to Cherisse, I watched him trudge to the bed and gently lie down on his stomach on the other side of Cherisse. And as expected, no matter how much Yong Oppa CAREFULLY gets on the bed, Cherisse ALWAYS gets up and squeezes herself under Yong Oppa’s arm, lying in her tummy, too like her Daddy and promptly goes back to sleep. I stood up and looked at Moonie Ahjussi, who looked so amused.

 

“Whoa.. That’s exactly what you said.. You three do this every morning, Seohyun-ssi?”, he asked, amazed as he took the other camera he set up.

 

“Pretty much, Moonie Ahjussi.. Unless Cherisse is awake, then that is uhhh a little complicated to explain..”, I told him, embarrassed, remembering the day Cherisse woke up the same time as we did and wouldn’t go back to sleep or even let us go because of what happened with the Ice King the previous night.

 

Not to mention, too embarrassing to let you know the details..

 

“What time should I come back, Seohyun-ssi? After 30minutes—”

 

SNORT!

 

“Try adding, at least, 2 hours, Ahjussi..”, we heard Yong Oppa say through his blanket after snorting, still sounding muffled.

 

“Oppa.. Please don’t wake Cherisse up..”, I reminded him, but didn’t argue with what he said, instead I addressed Moonie Ahjussi, “Sorry Ahjussi, but he’s right.. I usually take 3 hours to get ready.. You can stay here if you like, although there isn’t much to do..”

 

“That’s alright, Seohyun-ssi.. I’ll just come back after 3 hours, so Yong Hwa-ssi and Cherisse can get some more sleep..”, he informed me before going out the door.

 

After 3 hours, I came out all dressed up and done, but wearing a bathrobe backwards over my work attire. Yong Oppa then informed me and Moonie Ahjussi, who just came in, that he’ll be using the bathroom in the studio, so he won’t disturb Cherisse’s things in the main bathroom that I already prepared. I further explained to Moonie Ahjussi that that was what we usually do in our adjoining room back in the hotel.

 

After 45 minutes, Yong Oppa came out wearing a bathrobe backwards, too. He tied mine at the back and I tied his after, without us saying a word, all the while Moonie Ahjussi was filming us. Yong Oppa and I then turned for the bed and woke Cherisse up, who smiled as soon as she laid her eyes on us, as if we were the best sight she could ever see in the entire world. Like clockwork, Yong Oppa picked her up and followed me in the bathroom, while I followed Moonie Ahjussi who was walking backwards, facing us. I started to give Cherisse her bath, while Yong Oppa handed me everything I needed without me asking for anything. This went on until we had Cherisse all dressed up back in the bedroom. We let her walk around the bedroom, while Yong Oppa and I finished getting dressed and checking our things for the day, before we headed out to meet Jung Shin in the foyer.

 

“Good morning, Manager Oppa.. Good morning, Jung Shin-ie..”, I greeted the two men who was waiting patiently for us at the foot of the stairs.

 

“Good morning, you three..”, Yong Oppa’s Manager called out to us, smiling.

 

“Good morning, Seohyu—yaaa.. You guys really like to dress alike, don’t you..”, Jung Shin observed, looking at us from head to foot, so Yong Oppa and I did the same to each other.

 

Huh?! Omo.. I didn’t even notice!

 

          

 

“Yah, Seo Joo Hyun, quit copying my style—”

 

“Oppa, I get dressed BEFORE YOU every day, so who’s copying whom—”

 

“You mean you guys didn’t talk about what you’re going to wear? It just happened?”, Jung Shin asked, looking amazed.

 

“No..”, Yong Oppa and I answered in unison.

 

“I just tell him beforehand if he needs to wear something formal, so he doesn’t feel out of place when we go places where everybody will be dressed accordingly.. Like today at the first day of the convention.. But that’s all, I swear.. Other than that, he can wear whatever he wants..”, I told them, unconsciously staring at Yong Oppa.

 

He looks even more like a movie star now.. I should have worn something more colorful today, I look drab in this.. As always.. Sighhh..

 

“You should have seen them taking care of Cherisse earlier.. They didn’t even have to talk.. It was like they could read each other’s minds—”

 

I wish!

 

“—I thought at first, they must have been doing this for years, but then I remembered they just met a few days ago, so how could it be..?”, Moonie Ahjussi quipped, scratching his head and taking us by surprise because he never says anything if he could help it, unless it was something urgent or important.

 

I ask the same thing every day, Ahjussi..

 

“It’s quite a sight, wasn’t it..?”, Yong Oppa’s Manager agreed, smiling, as if remembering something.

 

“Hyung, did you get vans to pick Hyun’s and my family up in the airport today?”, Yong Oppa asked, abruptly changing the subject as soon as he saw me feeling uncomfortable.

 

Thank you, Oppa..

 

“Better, Yong Hwa-yah! I got them a Coaster! I figured 2 vans would probably be not enough, add to that their luggage.. A bus would have been too much or should I have gotten the bus instead?”, Manager Oppa asked.

 

“No, a Coaster should be fine, Hyung.. Thank you.. Please don’t forget Hyun’s Eonnies are arriving at 10am, while my cousins, an hour later.. We sent them your picture in case they already forgot what you look like, so they’ll know who to look for.. Although, my family already knows you..”, Yong Oppa reminded him.

 

“Arasseo..”, he answered.

 

“Manager Oppa, thank you so much for making the arrangements to pick up my family and Yong Oppa’s.. We really appreciate it.. I’m sorry we couldn’t help out because of my work and for taking so much of Yong Oppa’s time away from his career, especially now that he has a new album out—”

 

“Hyun, it—”

 

“Eihhh.. That’s alright Seohyun-ssi.. I’m actually glad I could help you out for once.. And it’s not like you’re taking his time for nothing, it’s actually for the baby whose life you both saved.. I think he’ll agree with me that putting his new career path on hold is worth it, especially because it’s for you and Cherisse..”, Manager Oppa explained, while Yong Oppa nodded, agreeing with his Manager.

 

“Thank you both for that.. I promise to make it up to you once my vacation kicks in.. But still.. I feel bad about it—”

 

“Yah, who said it’s on hold? We’re filming now, aren’t we? And I could always promote my new songs here in this show.. Right, Moonie Ahjussi?”, Yong Oppa commented to make me feel better, while our VJ gave him a thumbs-up and a wide-smile, approving his idea.

 

Manager Oppa walked us to the car, while Yong Oppa gave him the flight numbers and schedules in case the flights get delayed. Then I gave him a letter I wrote for my eldest sister, Mi Young Eonni. I wrote instructions about the house, like the master bedroom being off-limits, to buy groceries and supplies for the house, and generally to be mindful of the things inside and outside the house. It also has my apology for not being able to meet them myself in the airport.

 

Yong Oppa, Cherisse, and I took the back seat as usual, while Jung Shin took the front with Moonie Ahjussi driving. Jung Shin and I caught up with each other, while Yong Oppa and Cherisse played a game with their hands that only they could understand. Moonie Ahjussi just drove silently, but I knew he was aware and listening to us all.

 

It was a quiet day at Kim Sa Jangnim’s office. We did some revisions on the floor plan of a new structure they want built, making sure everything was up to code. We had lunch inside the conference room, much to the disappointment of Cherisse and Yong Oppa, who both love to hang out at the porch. It was high tide and the winds were strong. We were afraid we’d be wearing our food in no time instead of eating them.

 

Although we were inside, it was still a happy lunch time as Yong Oppa and Jung Shin talked about the mansion with Kim Sa Jangnim, who looked so satisfied with the 2 men finding his home so fascinating. I listened to them, while I tried to feed Cherisse without getting food on my clothes as I still have to meet Diplomats later at the convention.

 

At 1pm, we all departed for the convention. We followed Kim Sa Jangnim’s car, who was riding with his Department Directors to the convention venue. When we got to the parking lot, Jung Shin distributed the IDs that would give us access to the convention.

 

 

 

Jung Yong Hwa

“Yong Hwa-ssi, are you ready?”, Jung Shin asked confusing me because he was giving me a it’s-going-to-be-a-long-day smile.

 

“For what? To get in? The convention? Why? I’m not going to be asked to perform or make a speech, am I? I don’t know anything about Engineering, Jung Shin-ssi! I’m just here to take care of Cherisse, while Hyun talks to—ahhh..”, I stopped talking as it dawned on me.

 

Aishhh.. I haven’t gone in yet and I feel exhausted already.. Haikkks! I trust Hyun, I just don’t trust the other men..

 

“Caught on, have you..? Don’t worry I got your back.. It’s the least I could do..”, Jung Shin told me with a determined look in his eyes.

 

“Thanks, Jung Sh—”

 

“Oppa, Jung Shin-ie, what are you guys doing? Having trouble carrying our things? Do you want me to he—”

 

“We’re fine, Hyun.. We’re coming..”, I called-out to her, while Jung Shin and I shook on it before I closed the trunk of the car, making us visible again from their perspective.

 

I was overwhelmed when we walked in the convention, which Hyun’s company was one of the organizers of. Aside from the place being massive, it was also crawling with men in suits from different countries, men who finished college and probably have several Masters’ Degree under their name and men who have more in common with Hyun than I ever will. For the first time in my life, I felt intimidated, lost, and insecure.

 

 

“Fighting, Yo~ong..”, I heard Hyun whisper, as she took my arm and guided me to a place where we could safely put our things away, so we don’t have to carry them around such a huge place. I smiled when I heard her say those 2 words because it gave me a renewed energy. Something only Hyun could ever do to me.

 

I may be feeling intimidated, lost, and insecure, but I am not DEFEATED yet! Come on, Jung Yong Hwa, show them how a ‘Yongwall’ works! As Hyun said, FIGHTING!

 

I took Cherisse from Hyun, so she could start her work. She and Jung Shin both put on earpieces so they could talk privately and find each other if ever they get separated. Moonie Ahjussi was walking in front, guessing which way Hyun and Jung Shin will go, so far, he was always right. Cherisse and I walked behind them as I didn’t want to interfere in their work.

 

“Oppa, please stay close, I don’t want to lose you two in this crowd—”

 

You don’t? Really? Why..?

 

“SEO!”, called an unfamiliar voice.

 

Yah! She was about to say something more! Aishhh!

 

“Engr. Seo Joo Hyun! I knew it!”, said a fairly good-looking man whose eyes were almost in slits the way he was smiling at Hyun.

 

Okay, here we go.. Yongwall on!

 

“Engr. Jung Jin Woon! Wow! It’s been too long—”, Hyun was saying, but was cut off when her ‘friend’ started to move in with a hug. I was again frozen like last night when Hyun wanted to hug Jung Shin for picking her over their jerk of a boss.

 

MOVE, IDIOT!!! MOVE NOW!!!

 

“Seohyun-ie, there’s Architect Welles, we have to talk to him about the project in Egypt..”, I heard Jung Shin say, which made Hyun turn to the Architect’s direction and made her ‘friend’ lose his momentum, who just awkwardly stepped back, pretending he didn’t move from his spot.

 

Oh, thank God for Jung Shin-ssi! – Some ‘wall’ you are! – I panicked! – I noticed.

 

“Oh, right! I HAVE to talk to him! Jin Woon-ie, I have to go! We’ll catch up later, okay?”, Hyun said, turning back her attention to her friend ‘Jin Woon’, whose eyes I finally got a glimpse of because his smile wasn’t reaching his eyes anymore.

 

Oh no, you won’t.. – What? Are you going to stop them? How? By freezing in between them?! – YAH!!! – Ahhh, so that’s what you mean by ‘Yongwall’! Clever! – Aishhh!

 

“Oh, by the way, these are my colleagues Lee Jung Shin-ssi and Lee Moon Sik-ssi.. Engr. Jung Jin Woon..”, Hyun said, introducing the two men standing near her, who both bowed. We decided to just make Moonie Ahjussi a colleague like Jung Shin because it was going to take a long time to explain everything.

 

“And this is Cherisse, my daughter, and Jung Yong Hwa-ssi, my husband..”, she added proudly.

 

As I said, long explanation, no time.. Hehehe..

 

“Hello, I’m Jung Jin Woon.. Nice to mee—wait—your what?! Daugh— Husb—You’re MARRIED? Since when?! And with a kid no doubt! Whoa!”, he exclaimed in surprise, while I bowed and shook his outstretched hand. He was eyeing me and Cherisse, probably wondering why neither Hyun nor I look anything like our daughter.

 

Yep.. I’m her husband.. And this is OUR daughter.. Got a problem with that?!

 

“Seo—”

 

“Jin Woon-ie, I’m really sorry, but I really have to go! I have to take this chance to talk to Architect Welles while he’s still available! We’ll talk later, and tell the others I said hi!”, Hyun shouted above the din of the crowd, which swallowed us as we walked hurriedly towards the said Architect, while Jin Woon was left where he was standing, looking dumb-founded.

 

Hyun was pulling me along by the sleeves of my jacket, but before we caught up with their target, she had to let go of me because of the crowd, which gave me a chance to give Jung Shin a high-five. Moonie Ahjussi just looked at us and laughed.

 

“Excuse me, Architect Welles? I’m Engr. Seohyun of Domus Contractors—”

 

“I’ve heard of you.. One of the Roundel Trio.. Nice to finally meet you..”, he said, smiling kindly at Hyun.

 

“You have? Wow, I don’t know what to say.. Ummm Oh, these are my colleagues Mr. Jung Shin Lee and Mr. Moon Sik Lee.. My daughter, Cherisse, and my husband, Mr. Yong Hwa Jung..”, Hyun announced, introducing us in English this time. He shook our hands one by one, even Cherisse’s, who smiled at him widely.

 

She said it again.. Ahhh, I will never get tired of hearing her say that..

 

“I wish I brought my wife and my daughter with me, too.. I’m so envious of you for bringing your family with you..”, he said, looking at us wistfully.

 

“I wish you did.. I know it’ll be burdensome at times, but I can never imagine myself without them both..”, Hyun replied to my surprise. I looked at her, but she wouldn’t look at me and then I noticed her face looked flushed. I smiled.

 

Aigooo, Hyun, you’re making me crazy..

 

After a few minutes of talking about family, they both went back to talking about business to which Jung Shin joined in. There were technical words that I couldn’t understand, but I didn’t care as I’m still in cloud nine, hearing her way of introducing me and Cherisse and how she felt about us being here with her.

 

As time passed, I got more confident about introducing myself as Hyun’s husband, especially if the men were showing interest in her outside her profession. You could always tell when they want something more from Hyun other than what she was saying about work and it doesn’t help that Hyun was oblivious to it because her guards are always down. She believes that these men around her doesn’t find her attractive, which was ridiculous, so it's very important to protect her.

 

And that’s when ‘Yongwall’ appears.. – It does?! WHERE?! – Yahhh!!!

 

At first, Hyun was a bit surprised, but as I do it more and more often, she got used to me telling her colleagues that I’m her husband and, at some point, was practically waiting for me to do so. Jung Shin and Moonie Ahjussi were both busy keeping up with their own things that they couldn’t even tease Hyun and me anymore. But one particular Diplomat has pushed me to do something I thought I’d never do, let alone in public.

 

“Yong Hwa-ssi, be careful of this one.. He’s a big admirer of Seohyun-ie.. She avoids him at all cost, but it looks like she can’t today.. Seohyun-ie has to translate for him one particular device that he’s been looking for in the booth we’re headed to.. It’s for his new project..”, Jung Shin whispered to me, while I heard Hyun release a sigh of frustration.

 

Don’t worry, Hyun, I’m here.. I won’t let you down this time.. – Please make it count Yong Hwa-yah.. Protect her.. – I WILL.

 

As we walked towards the booth, I saw a man dressed in an odd-looking suit. He looks like Gomez Addams from the Addams Family movie, complete with an offensive-looking mustache. I immediately hated the man at first sight. He was staring at Hyun intently, like she’s the only person in this entire venue aside from himself. He had a wolf-like smile in his face, as if his prey was near and he’s about to pounce on it.

 

 

Dream on, man! Not a chance!

 

I moved Cheri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter