The Tornado Dance

We Got Married.. And had a kid?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  Author's Note : FYI, I revised the chapter before this one, added the first half of Hyun's POV there.. Oh please listen to the songs.. Please? As a thank you to the owners of the videos.. Just try it once.. You'll like it I promise.. If not, you can always pause it.. Tip : If it doesn't play, just reload the page.. Thank you for reading! ^_^

 

Seo Joo Hyun

Oh, right! He’s arriving today, I forgot!

 

“Are we expecting any visitors?”, Yu Ri Eonni asked as she followed the rest of us who crowded around the gate monitor.

 

“Yes, Eonni.. Shin Hye Eonni’s husband..”, I replied, remembering that Yong Oppa told me of his arrival this afternoon.

 

“Oh, right—”

 

“Noona, are Hyun and Cherisse down yet?”, I heard Yong Oppa ask from the front door as he came in.

 

“Oppa!”, I said, calling his attention.

 

“There you are.. Thought you’re still getting dressed.. Come on, let’s go out..”, he told me as he went to pick up Cherisse and then addressed Mi Young Eonni, “Noona, tell everyone to come out.. Shin Hye-ah’s husband has arrived..”

 

“Arasseo..”, Mi Young Eonni replied, herding everyone out of the front door including Ga Young, Eun Ji, and Soo Jung, who just came down carrying her baby.

 

We watched as Jong Hyun Oppa opened the gate for the car that had just arrived. It was big, black, and heavily tinted, something celebrities were known to use to be inconspicuous although they never were. Shin Hye Eonni then walked forward, looking eager and excited to see his husband.

 

I wonder if I’ll be ever be like that when my husband comes home from work or overseas.. – Yah, Seo Joo Hyun, why did you look at HIM when you said husband? – Did I?

 

Jong Hyun Oppa then joined our ranks as the rest of the men did, including Moonie Ahjussi and Yong Oppa’s Manager, who were clearly having a discussion with my brothers-in-law because he was still red in the face.

 

Wonder what they’re arguing about now..

 

My thoughts were distracted when I saw Shin Hye Eonni wave her hand and flash the most beautiful smile at the man who just stepped out of the car, his back to us. He was tall, towering over Shin Hye Eonni, in fact. He was wearing jeans, a simple shirt, and a cap which he put on Shin Hye Eonni after they kissed and then started whispering and hugging each other for a long time.

 

“Awww.. They missed each other..”, Sue Ji mused, smiling.

 

“Yah, yah! There are kids watching!”, Yong Oppa called out, making the couple break out of their embrace, looking embarrassed yet never let go of each other’s hands.

 

They walked towards us and as they did, we finally got a good look at Shin Hye Eonni’s husband. He had a kind face and judging by the way he was smiling, making his eyes turn into slits, I was sure he was fun to be with, too. Although he looks playful, the way he was holding Shin Hye Eonni told me was very protective of her and would do anything for her.

 

He started bowing even before he spoke and when he did a deep voice greeted us, “Annyeonghaseyo.. I’m Ok Taec Yeon—”

 

“MY husband!”,  Shin Hye Eonni finished, looking up at her husband proudly.

 

“Aigooo, Shin Hye-ah.. Are you that happy?”, Yong Oppa asked teasingly.

 

“Yes, I am!”, Shin Hye Eonni answered defiantly, making everyone laugh as her husband made the rounds, greeting Manager Oppa and Moonie Ahjussi first, then my brothers-in-law and their wives and then turned to Yong Oppa next.

 

“Hello, Hyung—”

 

“Yah, I told you not to call me ‘Hyung’! You’re older than me—”

 

“Eihhh! This again!”, Jong Hyun Oppa and Shin Hye Eonni exclaimed at the same time, which Yong Oppa and Shin Hye Eonni’s husband both ignored.

 

“I know, Hyung, but since you’re like an older brother to Shin Hye-ah, you and Jong Hyun Hyung, I should respect you..”, he reasoned out as he and Jong Hyun Oppa shook hands and hugged.

 

I guess he knew about Jong Hyun Oppa and his wife’s past and he doesn’t mind.. That’s good..

 

“Oppa, just let him call you Hyung—”

 

“But he’s a year older than me, Hy—”

 

“Well, technically it’s just 6 months, Hyung—”

 

“Yah—”

 

“You must be Yong Hwa Hyung’s uhhh virtual wife, Seohyun-ssi..”, Shin Hye Eonni’s husband addressed me, surprising me in return and making Yong Oppa smile so widely, quickly forgetting that they were arguing.

 

Eh? How did he—do I have a brand in my forehead that says that?! Or maybe a sign pointing behind me when I’m not looking?! Cham!

 

“Oh, please be comfortable with us.. And yes, I—I am.. But how did you know that, Taec Yeon Oppa?”, I asked, clearly at a loss at how he knew who I was when Yong Oppa’s cousins were scattered around us.

 

I don’t think they’ve met before because they didn’t even know Jong Hyun Oppa and Shin Hye Eonni had a relationship in the past..

 

“Because you, Yong Hwa Hyung, and the baby he’s carrying, who I’m guessing is Cherisse—”, he stopped as he waved at Cherisse, who smiled shyly and tried to hide her face by hugging Yong Oppa, “—are the only ones with matching outfits..”, he continued, still flashing his-eye smile at us.

 

“Huh? We are?”, I asked in surprise as everyone turned to look at us, making me feel self-conscious.

 

Me and Cherisse, yes.. But Yong Oppa..?

 

I looked at him, finally noticing the way he was dressed for the first time this evening. He was wearing jeans, a blue and white striped shirt and a denim jacket just like Cherisse and I was wearing.

 

 

“Oppa..”, I uttered in surprise.

 

“Oh, you’re right, Oppa..”, Shin Hye Eonni agreed, looking at me, Yong Oppa and Cherisse in turn.

 

“Yaaaaaa—”

 

“You’re all just noticing that now?! Cham—”

 

“You guys are so cute—”

 

“Ayiiiiiiieeeeeeeee—”

 

“You should have told us you were going to do that—”

 

“Yeah, so we could have matched our families as well—”

 

“I am so envious—”

 

“Pfffttt! They do that all the time—”

 

“Daebak—”

 

“I am so going to do this when I get married—”

 

“You mean IF you get married—”

 

“Yah—”

 

“Kyaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh—”

 

“I wanna do that, too! Huwaaaaaaahhhhhh—”

 

“That is so sweet—”

 

“Cheesy, but sweet—”

 

“Yahhh!”, Yong Oppa protested, but was donning his cheek-bursting smile that you’d think he was enjoying being teased.

 

“Did you talk about this, Eonni?”, Eun Ji asked curiously.

 

“No.. I matched Cherisse and my outfit, but that’s all, I swear..”, I answered, still looking at Yong Oppa, amazed.

 

This has been what? The fourth or fifth time this happened.. Daebak..

 

“Then you must have copied them, Yong Yong Oppa..”, Sue Ji accused in a teasing way.

 

“Yah, I didn’t even see them until AFTER I got in just now to get you guys—”

 

“Right, I saw him just then, too.. He came downstairs even before we got out of the bathroom..”, I supplied.

 

“Yong Hwa Oppa, are you that happy?”, Shin Hye Eonni countered back, throwing the same question Yong Oppa asked her earlier.

 

“Ye—yah! Aren’t we leaving yet? What time is it?”, he shouted, looking at his watch, readily changing the subject.

 

“Oh, shoot! Kim Sa Jangnim is waiting for us!”, Jung Shin exclaimed.

 

“Everyone! Get in the Coaster!”, Nich Khun Hyungbu yelled as everyone scrambled to get in while Shin Hye Eonni continued introducing the rest to her husband as they passed by.

 

“Eonni, you’re coming with us, right?”, I asked as soon as she was done while we all waited for the kids to get settled into their seats, for some after-things still waiting to get loaded and for the vehicles to warm up.

 

“I don’t know, Seohyun-ie—”

 

“Oh, come on! Taec Yeon Hyung—”

 

“Hyungnim!”, Taec Yeon Oppa protested and pleaded at the same time.

 

“Arasseo, arasseo! Cham! Taec Yeon-ah.. Aishhh! This is SO WEIRD, but whatever! Are you going to your ancestral house now? When is your flight back to Seoul, anyway?”, Yong Oppa asked Taec Yeon Oppa, who was so delighted at finally getting his wish.

 

“Our flight back is not confirmed yet, Hyung..”, he answered then turned to his wife and asked tenderly, “Aren’t you tired, Shin Hye-ah? What about your morning sickness?”

 

“I’m okay, Oppa.. Actually they took good care of me all day.. They cooked and got me whatever I craved for.. I was so spoiled!”, Shin Hye Eonni informed her husband, both of them smiling so gratefully at all of us.

 

“What about the paparazzi then? Aren’t you afraid? It doesn't matter to me since I’m not a celebrity, but what about you? Are you ready to get found out? I thought you wanted to keep us a secret for a while—”

 

“I do.. But I figured I’m going to balloon up in a few months so it doesn’t really matter either way.. And I am married, to a gorgeous man, no less—”

 

“Ahem—”

 

“Aigooo—”

 

These two are so alike! Cham!

 

“—so it’s not like a scandal or anything..”, Shin Hye Eonni continued, ignoring her husband and Yong Oppa.

 

“What about Yong Hwa Hyung’s scandals though.. What if they see you with him? Not that I mind seeing you with him, but what if it gets worse for him?”, Taec Yeon Oppa asked worriedly while I nodded.

 

“It’s okay, Shin Hye-ah, if you don’t wanna come with us.. I understa—”

 

“Yah, Oppa, I’ve been force-feeding you my video since I got here, so please don’t start with that.. You know I always got your back—”

 

“Arasseo, Park Shin Hye.. And thank you—”

 

“Eihhh.. No need for that, Oppa.. And besides.. Don’t you guys have a plan? I wanna see it in action.. We’ll lay low, promise.. If we get busted, so be it..”, Shin Hye Eonni declared as his husband agreed.

 

“We have a private tent, Eonni, so you can hide there, but still have fun with us..”, I offered.

 

“See? Let’s go, Oppa! I think it’ll be fun!”, Shin Hye Eonni exclaimed then added, “Besides I wanna see Yong Hwa Oppa dance with Seohyun-ie again.. It’s fascinating to watch—”

 

“Yong Hwa Hyung CAN dance now—”

 

“Yah! You told him?!”, Yong Oppa interjected, looking shocked.

 

“Actually, Oppa, I showed him—”

 

“Arrggggghhhhh—”

 

“—I had to let him see the video so I could ask his permission, Oppa.. He’s my husband now..”, Shin Hye Eonni reasoned out as her husband smiled guiltily for talking so carelessly.

 

“Fine! Cham! So are you going or not?!”, Yong Oppa asked, pouting.

 

Aigooo, Yong Sour is going to the beach party with us! Yay. Cham!

 

“If you’re feeling up to it, Shin Hye-ah, and you really wanna go, then we’ll go.. Where are we going, anyway?”, Taec Yeon Oppa asked in return.

 

“A beach party, not far from here, Oppa..”, I answered, glad that they are finally coming with us.

 

“That does sound fun! Okay, let’s go!”, Taec Yeon Oppa exclaimed enthusiastically.

 

“You two can ride with us on the Coaster, if you don’t feel like driving..”, Yong Oppa offered.

 

It’s going to be crowded, but what the hey! The more the merrier, anyway!

 

“That’s alright, Hyung.. We’ll take our car..”, Taec Yeon Oppa informed us as he guided his wife to their car.

 

“Just follow us, Taec Yeon-ah!”, Yong Oppa called out before we got inside the coaster.

 

“Arasseoyo, Hyung!”, we heard Taec Yeon Oppa answer.

 

Yoo Na Eonni closed the Coaster door and started reversing while Manager Oppa guided us out the mansion’s gate. He and Moonie Ahjussi were taking the car he rented for us along with the food. They were waiting for the last car to get out of the gate so Manager Oppa can manually lock it and Moonie Ahjussi can finally drive.

 

As Manager Oppa was about to close the gate, a figure whizzed past him from inside, surprising him. He screamed so hard we all turned to look.

 

“Is that Min Hyuk-ah?!”, Chang Sun Hyungbu asked in confusion.

 

Min Hyuk-ie? You mean he’s not here yet?!

 

I looked around the Coaster in surprise and confirmed that my twin wasn’t with us.

 

I didn’t even notice he’s not around! – Some twin you are! Yet the minute Jung Yong Hwa leaves, you readily notice! – Yah! His WIFE didn’t notice either, nor my Eonnies! Cham!

 

I looked at Soo Jung, she just went back to playing with her baby, looking disinterested. Yong Oppa looked at me then started playing with Cherisse, looking sad all of a sudden as if remembering something.

 

I guess she’s still mad.. I am, too, and by the way my Eonnies looked, they’re feeling the same way.. Seo Min Hyuk, how are you going to redeem yourself in our eyes.. Sighhh..

 

“Yah! You brat! Where did you come from?!”, we heard Manager Oppa holler as Min Hyuk started running to reach the Coaster.

 

“Yah, somebody tell him to just get a ride from either Manager Oppa’s car or Shin Hye-ah’s! I can’t stop for him anymore because we’re going up a steep hill! I already have a momentum going!”, Yoo Na Eonni called out as she maneuvered the Coaster carefully.

 

Nich Khun Hyungbu opened the last window on the back and relayed the message to Min Hyuk who looked incredulously at us as his speed started declining and ours picked up the pace.

 

Sorry, Min Hyuk-ah, but you deserve this..

 

 

 

Seo Min Hyuk

Where are my things?! Did Soo Jung-ie throw them away?! She wouldn’t, would she? – I think she would.. You really messed up, you know.. – I know.. Sighhh..

 

After a few more minutes of looking for my luggage all over the room and finding nothing, not even my toothbrush, I decided to try Seung Gi Maehyung’s room next door since he shared the room with me last night.

 

Maybe he accidentally picked my bag up, thinking it’s his.. – Or maybe it’s in the ocean right now, on its way back to the Philipp— – Yah! You’re not helping! Aishhh!

 

“Oh! Oppa, you startled me—”

 

“Sorry, Ga Young-ie—”

 

“It’s okay.. Oppa, Shin Hye Eonni’s husband just arrived.. We are being asked to go outside to meet him..”, Ga Young informed me, when I almost bumped into her on my way out and she on her way in.

 

“Arasseo, why are you here?”, I asked her distractedly.

 

“We forgot Min Jung-ie’s baby bag—oh, there it is!”, she exclaimed as she dashed in to get the bag and come back out, rushing to get down.

 

“Ummm Ga Young-ie!”, I called out.

 

“Yes, Oppa?”, she asked as she turned back my way.

 

“You ummm don’t happen to know if uhhh Soo Jung-ie had my ummm luggage moved to another room, would you?”, I asked desperately.

 

“What color was it? Blue—”

 

“YES!!!”, I burst out, making Ga Young jump in surprise.

 

Calm down, Seo Min Hyuk!

 

“I mean yes.. Yes, that’s it..”, I said calmly, amending my sudden outburst.

 

“I saw Soo Jung Eonni ask Jong Hyun Oppa to get it from your room earlier..”, Ga Young said slowly, looking at me strangely when I started fist pumping the air.

 

I turned to run, whooping delightedly, but then I remembered Ga Young was still looking at me, so I turned around and smiled at her, thanking her for the info. As soon as she turned around to leave, scratching her head in confusion, I bolted for Jong Hyun Hyung’s room in full speed.

 

She must think I’m going crazy since I don’t usually act this way.. – Yeah, you’re always so prim and proper— – Yah! You forgot I grew up with 4 rambunctious girls! SOMEONE had to be the prim and proper one! – And it’s just my luck that the ONLY BOY had to be that one! Cham!

 

I was dismayed when I got inside Jong Hyun Hyung’s room. It looked like a tornado just went through it. Clothes and some bathroom things were strewn all over the place that I had a hard time locating my bag. A few more minutes passed when I finally found it under a pile of clothes and garbage all strewn together. I almost cursed when I opened it and it was empty.

 

And I never curse! Gahhhhhh!!!

 

Then I noticed a familiar shirt draped over the bed. I went over and examined it. It was mine. Apparently, Jong Hyun Hyung went through my luggage, unsatisfied with the array of clothes draped all over the place like streamers in a party.

 

Who would wear these?! Look at this place! It’s disgusting! Arghhhhh!!!

 

I knew Soo Jung really intended to do this, knowing how neat I am with my things while her cousin was the exact opposite.

 

She knew this would happen.. Wow! She’s really pissed at me! Cham!

 

I scrambled around the room, looking for my things and smelling them one by one. I felt so disgusted that I almost just decided to go with what I’m wearing, a ratty old t-shirt paired with an old cut-off.

 

I can’t go in these.. What if I run into my colleagues?! – I don’t think that’s the least of your problems, Seo Min Hyuk.. – One problem at a time then! Cham!

 

I shuddered at the idea of my workmates, former employers and customers alike, business contacts, and respected acquaintances seeing me looking harassed and disorganized as I’ve always pride myself in being a professional at whatever I do.

 

I’m a respected Civil Engineer, darn it! – Then RESPECTED CIVIL ENGINEER, get on with picking and smelling your clothes! – Aishhh! Cham!

 

A few more agonizing minutes passed when I heard the roar of an engine and the unmistakable clang of metal as the mansion’s gate was being opened. I stopped smelling the clothes I found and just wore what I thought was appropriate for a beach party, cringing all the while. I went back to my bag and prayed that my cologne was still in it. I lucked out as I found it where I stashed it and started dosing myself with perfume, conditioning my mind that it was soap and water and I’m actually washing the clothes I was wearing before I ran out of the room into the front gate in under a minute.

 

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!”, Manager Hyung screamed like a girl as I pushed the gate open, enough for me to squeeze through.

 

“Sorry, Hyung!”, I yelled as I passed him by, running after the Coaster where my family were.

 

“Yah! You brat! Where did you come from?!”, I heard him holler, but I didn’t look back. I focused on the Coaster as it gained momentum.

 

Then to my surprise, Nich Khun Maehyung stuck his neck out the window at the back instead of them stopping for me to get on.

 

“Yah, Min Hyuk-ah, Yoo Na-yah said she can’t stop the Coaster anymore as it’s going uphill and something about a momentum! Just get a ride from Manager Hyung! Or better yet, Shin Hye-ah’s! Arasseo?!”, he shouted as they went faster and the gap between us got wider.

 

I stopped running after them when I felt a painful stitch on my side. But the pain was INCOMPARABLE with the pain I was feeling in my heart when I realized my wife didn’t even tell them I wasn’t with them yet, nor did I see her or ANY of my sisters, looking out of the window for me. It’s as if I didn’t matter.

 

What have I done..?

 

Honk honk!

 

“Yah! Get out of the way!”, I heard Manager Hyung yell from the small gap in his window.

 

“Hyung! Let me in!”, I requested as I limped to the side so Moonie Ahjussi can advance.

 

“After what you did to me?! I almost had a heart attack!”, he countered, glaring furiously at me.

 

“I said I’m sorry, Manager Hyung.. I was trying to catch the Coaster..”, I explained desperately.

 

“There’s no more room for you. Go get a ride in Shin Hye-ah’s car.”, he said curtly.

 

“No room? Eihhhh!!!”, I protested.

 

“Yah! You think I’m lying?! Your brothers-in-law put all the food in the back seat! Those brats! Cham!”, he exclaimed as he rolled his window further and the aroma of different food came out, my mouth and eyes started watering.

 

“I think it smells delicious here, actually..”, Moonie Ahjussi quipped happily on the driver’s side, smiling at me.

 

“Yah, Moon Sik-ssi, just drive! They’re going to barbecue us when we get there judging by the way we smell! That is, if the dogs and the birds don’t get to us, first! Cham! I can’t even open the windows because, apparently, the wind will spoil the food according to the chef! Aishhh!”, I heard Manager Hyung complain as they continued on, rolling the windows shut again.

 

I think my brothers-in-law played a trick on Manager Hyung again.. Tsk tsk tsk..

 

Beep beep!

 

“Min Hyuk-ah, need a ride?”, Shin Hye Noona offered, smiling at me.

 

“Yes, Noona.. Sorry to trouble you..”, I apologized as I opened the back door.

 

“Eihhhh, it’s no trouble at all..”, she said as I climbed in and started bowing at the man smiling at me through the rear view mirror as Shin Hye Noona started the introductions, “Min Hyuk-ah, this is my husband, Ok Taec Yeon-ssi..”

 

Then continued with “Oppa, this is Seohyun-ie’s twin, Seo Min Hyuk-ssi—”

 

“Oh, please just call me Min Hyuk, Taec Yeon Hyung..”, I cut in, as he nodded at me in the mirror, giving me permission to call him comfortably, too.

 

“—and coincidentally, Soo Jung-ie’s husband, one of Yong Hwa Oppa’s gorgeous cousins..”, Shin Hye Noona finished.

 

Soon to be her ex— – Yahhh! Don’t even joke about that!

 

“Really?! Wow! What a small world!”, Taec Yeon Hyung exclaimed, while I nodded in agreement.

 

Then everything went quiet as we didn’t know what to say next.

 

“Uhhh Who’s older between you and Seohyun-ie, Min Hyuk-ah?”, Shin Hye Noona asked after a few minutes.

 

“I am, but just by five minutes, Noona..”, I replied. I wanted to say something more, but I was drawing blank.

 

“I see.. I wish we’re having twins, too..”, Taec Yeon Hyung commented.

 

“Really, Oppa?”, Shin Hye Noona asked her husband, surprised.

 

“Yes.. One boy and one girl.. That way we’ll have one of each.. But whatever God gives us I’d be grateful especially if they/he/she looks like you..”, he answered which made Shin Hye Noona make googly eyes at him. They started acting lovey-dovey with each other, making me feel like I’m intruding on their personal time.

 

I thought the venue was only 30 minutes away?! – It’s only been 2 minutes, Min Hyuk-ah.. – Seriously?! Aigoo! Cham!

 

A few more mushy moments passed between them when they finally stopped, but silence followed as I shifted awkwardly in my seat. I was trying to think of a safe topic when Taec Yeon Hyung beat me to it.

 

“Did you meet your wife because of Seohyun-ie and Yong Hwa Hyung?”, he asked.

 

“No, Hyung.. Actually, I recently just met Yong Hwa Hyungnim, myself—”

 

“Huh? But shouldn’t you have met him before or, at the very least, on your wedding?”, he asked, confused.

 

“He wasn’t able to attend because he had to go back to Seoul.. Apparently, he was being blackmailed at the time..”, I answered.

 

“Aigooo.. Poor, Yong Hwa Hyung.. So you didn’t meet him then—”

 

“Nor did Seohyun-ie.. Right, Min Hyuk-ah?”, Shin Hye Noona added looking at me for confirmation.

 

“Yes, Noona—”

 

“Huh? How did that happen?”, Taec Yeon Hyung asked, frowning in confusion.

 

“We were on our way back from the airport, where I picked Joo Hyun-ie up, the night Yong Hwa Hyungnim left our rehearsal dinner.. I think we missed him by just a few seconds..”, I elaborated.

 

“So you have never met him before or after that?”, Taec Yeon Hyung asked again.

 

“Yes, Hyung.. Either he was busy or I was, or he wasn't available at the time or I’m not..”,  I replied.

 

“And you just recently met him in person..”, he concluded as I nodded at him on the rear view mirror, then silence settled in the car again. I fought so hard not to yell ‘Are we there yet?’ as I again fidgeted awkwardly on my seat.

 

“Wait, I just thought of something.. So you’re telling me that Seohyun-ie met Yong Hwa Hyung even before you, his cousin-in-law?”, Taec Yeon Hyung suddenly said, making me jump in surprise.

 

“Seems like it, Hyungnim—”

 

“Oh, you’re right, Oppa..”, Shin Hye Noona mused, nodding her head as both of them went on silent mode again, so I did too.

 

I can’t take this anymore! I should have just walked there! C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter