Tornado Guy

We Got Married.. And had a kid?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jung Yong Hwa

You’re the one I wanna marry.. Cause I’m the one for you.. And you’re the one for me.. You take the both of us.. And we’re the perfect two.. Kyaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!! – Yah! Seriously?! Cham! – What?! Hyun said it to me— – She did not! She sang it because it was part of the song! – Well, she could have picked another song! Yet she picked THAT song! – Whatever! You are delusional, Jung Yong Hwa!

 

I was still reeling from the song Hyun picked to sing along Sig Hyung’s I’m Yours acoustic rendition when suddenly I heard everyone shout, “GOO HA RA-SSI?!”

 

“WHERE?!”, I exclaimed in panic, standing up from my perch and almost wrecking my guitar in the process. Cherisse jumped in surprise from my reaction while Hyun frowned.

 

“Calm down, Yong Hwa-yah.. She’s ummm still at the gate, waiting for Kim Sa Jangnim..”, my Manager informed me quietly.

 

“Oh—”

 

“Is something wrong, Yong Hwa-ssi?”, Kim Sa Jangnim asked, looking around while we all fell silent. Sensing something was wrong, he dismissed his Directors, who in turn, herded their family back to their side.

 

“Tell them I’ll be right out..”, he told a man in a security uniform, the only one who didn’t leave with the other Directors.

 

“I will, Sa Jangnim..”, he answered, bowing first before turning to leave.

 

“What is this about? Am I missing something? Is something wrong with Goo Ha Ra-ssi?”, Sa Jangnim asked as soon as he was sure that he and us were the only ones left.

 

“Oh boy, where do we start, Sa Jangnim..”, Shin Hye commented, sighing.

 

“Hmmm.. I thought you’d all be friends since you’re all in the entertainment business.. I guess I was wrong..”, he mused looking around at all the sullen faces of Hyun’s and my family.

 

“I think you need to tell me what’s going on before I go and let them in..”, he requested.

 

“We’ll talk inside, Sa Jangnim.. We’ll give you the concise story so you won’t have to make them wait long—”

 

“Actually, we should make them wait ‘till next year, preferably—”

 

“Yah—”

 

“They’re invited guests of Sa Jangnim.. We shouldn’t make him look bad.. Besides her issue is with us, not with him..”, Hyun interrupted, looking serious as opposed to a little while ago when we were singing and her face was as bright as if the sun was shining in the middle of the evening.

 

Aigooo.. – What?!

 

“I wish I knew there was an issue before I invited her..”, Sa Jangnim relayed, looking troubled.

 

“It’s okay, Sa Jangnim.. It’s not your fault.. You couldn’t have known.. Please come inside for a while so we can explain further..”, Mi Young Noona suggested as Hyun picked up Cherisse from her lap and followed. I looked at my Manager and he nodded following me while Taec Yeon accompanied Shin Hye inside.

 

“Yah, come on! You guys get these chairs back out front so we can have dinner.. We’re finally done cooking..”, we heard Yu Ri Noona order as shuffling feet sounded when everyone got to their feet and did as they were told.

 

Mi Young Noona started explaining as soon as we got in. Once in a while, Hyun, my Manager, Shin Hye, and I would add something if Mi Young Noona missed something.

 

“I see.. I really wish I had known..”, Kim Sa Jangnim mused looking deep in thought as we finished.

 

“But you already invited her, Sa Jangnim, so please just let her in..”, Hyun cut-in while Mi Young Noona and the rest of us had a hard time agreeing.

 

“I have no choice.. I don’t want to be rude—”

 

“Of course.. And we completely understand, Sa Jangnim.. We’ll deal with it..”, I told him, letting him know that it wasn’t his fault.

 

“Thank you, Yong Hwa-ssi.. Don’t worry I have a plan.. Just trust me.. You know I would do anything to protect my sonnyeo here..”, he said as he ran the back of his hand against Cherisse’s cheek, who smiled at him so beautifully.

 

God, I love Cherisse.. Please let her stay with us a little longer..

 

“Thank you, Sa Jangnim..”, Hyun and I said at the same time which Sa Jangnim waved off.

 

“Now, I have to go.. Don’t worry about Ha Ra-ssi.. Just please continue enjoying yourselves..”, he reminded us before he left the lounge.

 

I wish that’s easy to do as it is to say.. This is going to be one of those days! Argh!

 

We all trooped outside and were greeted by everyone’s expectant look. Their face fell when they saw us looking like we all just lost a bet. 

 

“Yah, come on, let’s eat! As Sa Jangnim said let’s not worry about her! There’s what..? 30 of us and there’s only 2 of them! We can take them—”

 

“Actually, Eonni, I can take her! And I’m pregnant—”

 

“That’s MY wife—”

 

“Yah, Shin Hye-ah—”

 

“What?! I can, Oppa—”

 

“I’ll help you, Eonni..”, Hyun cut-in, surprising us.

 

“We will, too!”, the rest of my cousins chimed in, enthusiastically.

 

“Yah—”

 

“May umaaway kay Ate Joo Hyun, Ate Mi Young?! Sabihin mo lang, upakan namin yun!1 (Is somebody fighting with Joo Hyun Eonni, Mi Young Eonni?! Just tell us and we’ll take care of it!)”, one of the yoo-mohs suddenly said making the Seos smile widely and the rest of us frown in confusion.

 

“Salamat, Ai..2 (Thanks, Ai..)”, Hyun answered, smiling.

 

“Mauna na kami! Back-up namin kayo!3 (We’ll go first! You’ll be our back-up!)”, Yu Ri Noona added as the 3 yoo-mohs nodded their approval.

 

“Eonni!”, Yoo Na Noona exclaimed, laughing.

 

“Yah, Yu Ri-ah! Wag ka ngang war-freak!4 (Yah, Yu Ri-ah! Don’t be so belligerent!)”, Mi Young Noona said, laughing like her sisters were.

 

They must be talking about something good if they’re laughing..

 

“Yah, if you’re planning on going to war later, at least, that’s the vibe I’m getting from that conversation, then we should bulk you all up! You’re all so skinny! Go get your plates and let’s eat! Dinner is served!”, my Manager announced as we all cheered, looking determined as ever.

 

“Hyun, are you alright?”, I asked her as I guided her and Cherisse to a table.

 

“Of course, Oppa.. I’m not about to let that girl ruin the last night of my 3-day Convention, especially because my family and yours are here.. How about you? Are you okay? We have to dance later on, remember?”, she reminded me, smiling up at me from her perch.

 

“I’m—I’m alright.. And you’re right, Hyun.. I’ve been letting her affect my career and personal life for so long and it has to stop—”

 

“Yes, Oppa.. She doesn’t have a hold on you! Don’t forget that—”

 

Yes, because you and Cherisse are the ones who have a hold on me now..

 

“Oppa? Oppa? Yah, Yong Hwa Oppa—”

 

“Oh, uhhh did you say something, Hyun?”, I asked distractedly.

 

“Seung Gi Hyungbu’s been calling you.. Are you sure you’re alright, Oppa?”, she asked, concern apparent in her face.

 

“I’m fine, Hyun..”, I assured her.

 

Focus, Jung Yong Hwa!

 

“Arasseoyo—”

 

“Wait here.. I’ll just see what Seung Gi Hyung wants..”, I excused myself as I went inside the tent. When I got back, I was carrying Cherisse’s high chair so she can eat properly.

 

While I was placing Cherisse on the chair, I noticed Min Hyuk setting her daughter’s stroller near the table where Soo Jung was sitting with her sister, Eun Ji. He set it beside his wife when he was done and sat in Sig Hyung’s table nearby, who tapped him in the back as if to console him.

 

I guess she took my side.. Thank you, Soo Jung-ah.. But I don’t want you fighting with your husband, though.. Sighhh..

 

“It’s okay, Yong Oppa..”, I heard Hyun whisper as she looked at me, and I knew she knew what I was thinking at the time.

 

Oh, Seo Joo Hyun..

 

She excused herself next and went inside the tent along with some of the others to finally get dinner started. When she came back, it was my turn to go while she waited with Cherisse. These went on ‘till we were sure we got everything we wanted and needed without us having to talk about it. For some reason, it came natural to us, as if, as Hyun would say it, it’s the logical thing to do.

 

“Hyun, have you noticed that every time we eat, they would stare at us..”, I whispered to her when for the nth time this evening and for the thousandth time since our families arrived in Jeju, I’ve caught them staring at us—AGAIN.

 

“I know what you mean, Oppa.. I don’t know what they’re looking at, either.. I mean, do we eat like pigs or something?”, she asked, looking around at our family surrounding us, who all looked away as if they weren’t staring at us a minute ago.

 

Cham!

 

“I don’t know about you, Hyun, but I do not eat like a pig..”, I told her indifferently.

 

“Oppa! Are you saying I eat like one, then?! Cham!”, she protested when she realized what I was implying.

 

“Your nostrils, Hyun..”, I said as I gestured at her nose which she automatically grabbed, making me laugh hard.

 

“Meanwhile, I’m not the one with food hanging out of my mouth!”, she retorted as my hand flew to my mouth in alarm. She started laughing, making Cherisse laugh, which made me laugh even harder.

 

I love the sound of their laughter..

 

“Did I get it, Hyun?”, I asked her when our laughter subsided.

 

“More to the left, Oppa—”

 

“Here?”

 

“Your OTHER left! Cham! Here, just let me get it!”, she declared, as she reached out across the table to wipe my mouth for me and as she did, I heard my cousins Jin Ri, Sue Ji, and Ga Young, who were sharing the same table, squeal in delight.

 

“Yah—”

 

“What?! What happened?!”, I asked, looking at them in alarm.

 

“I uhhh told them I’ll ummm let them have cocktails later, Hyung..”, Jong Hyun answered making the 3 squeal even harder.

 

“Really—”

 

“Yah—”

 

“I mean, YAY—”

 

“Is that a good idea, Jong Hyun-ah?”, I asked my cousin.

 

“Eihhh, Yong Yong Oppa! We’re WAY passed the drinking age! And it’s a party!”, Jin Ri protested.

 

“I’ll let them have just one, Hyung—”

 

“Make it two, Oppa and we have a deal!”, Sue Ji interjected, cutting a deal.

 

“Are you seriously negotiating with me?!”, Jong Hyun asked, incredulously.

 

“Oh, come on, Oppa! Don’t be such a spoilsport—”

 

“Yah! How about NO drinks at all—”

 

“We’ll have one drink of our choice and that’s it! You’ve got a deal, Jong Hyun Oppa!”, Ga Young concluded, standing up and shaking Jong Hyun’s hand for finality, making everyone laugh.

 

These brats! Cham!

 

“What about ahem you, Hyun?”, I asked casually.

 

“What about me, Oppa?”, she asked as she waited for Cherisse to finish drinking some water.

 

“Would you like to try a cocktail drink?”, I asked her in return while I wiped Cherisse’s mouth with a tissue.

 

“I don’t like them much.. They taste like denatured alcohol to me no matter how much fruit or juice you put in them..”, she answered absently as she carefully spooned food into Cherisse’s waiting mouth.

 

Ahhh.. So she has had them before, huh.. – Of course, she does! She’s 30 for God’s sake! Not 18! – I just thought— – What? That she’s going to drink her very first cocktail with you? Another first on the long lines of firsts, huh? – I really wish I grew up with her.. Sighhh..

 

“But if you want to try one, Oppa, I’ll have one with you..”, she amended when she noticed me sighing.

 

“I’d like that—”

 

“But only one, okay? I am not a good drunk—”

 

“What?! You got drunk before, Hyun? Do tell!”, I asked her, curiously.

 

“Aigooo.. Did I just say that out loud—”

 

“You did, Seo Joo Hyun! So you might as well tell me!”, I insisted as she started brushing her fingers through her hair, a sign of nervousness.

 

Hmmm.. Wonder what she’s like when she’s drunk..? – Want to find out— – Yah! Don’t put those kinds of thoughts in my mind! Cherisse is with us! – You asked!

 

“So?”, I prompted.

 

“So what, Oppa?”, she asked looking at me innocently.

 

“You were about to tell me about you getting drunk—”

 

“I was?”, she asked again.

 

“Yah, Seo Joo Hyun—”

 

“Kim Sa Jangnim..”, she suddenly said, standing up. I was about to tell her that that trick won’t work on me when everyone around us stood up, catching me in surprise. I tried to stand up, but I felt strong hands on my shoulders holding me down to my seat.

 

“Sit! Sit! Just have your dinner.. I’m just here to tell you that everything is alright..”, Kim Sa Jangnim said as he stopped in our table.

 

“Please join us, Sa Jangnim..”, Hyun requested as I took the seat that Sig Hyung pushed in our direction.

 

“Grandpère beau!”, Cherisse exclaimed smiling up at Kim Sa Jangnim.

 

“Hello, my sonnyeo.. Are you enjoying yourself? You are, aren’t you?! I’m glad.. Later, I have a surprise for you..”, Kim Sa Jangnim told Cherisse as he sat down. Cherisse smiled at him even more as if she understood what he just said.

 

“So Yong Hwa-ssi.. Uhhh I couldn’t get rid of Goo Ha Ra-ssi and her Manager, but I put them in the farthest tent I could find—”

 

“So they’re in a tent in Timbuktu—”

 

“Oppa!”, Hyun scolded me.

 

“Ahahahahahahahaha! That’s what I like about you, Yong Hwa-ssi.. You always see the humor in everything.. That’s why you’re fun to be around..”, Sa Jangnim stated, looking at me amusedly.

 

“Sa Jangnim, don’t encourage him..”, Hyun complained in jest, sticking her tongue out at me.

 

“Yah, Seo Joo Hyun, did you just—”

 

“Yaaaaa.. You two are so cute! I wish you really are a couple..”, Sa Jangnim said in passing as Hyun and I acted like we didn’t hear anything, yet the red tint in Hyun’s cheeks and the rushing blood in my face as I felt myself flush, were tell-tale signs that we did.

 

I wish that, too, Sa Jangnim! You don’t know how much!

 

“Anyway, I’m sorry I couldn’t send them to Timbuktu, but I hope the 3rd tent from the stage on the right is far enough..”, Kim Sa Jangnim informed us, pointing where the tent Goo Ha Ra and her Manager were occupying.

 

“And don’t worry, I have another plan in mind while you execute your ummm other plan.. Wow, I feel like we’re in a meeting, talking about plans—”

 

“I’m sorry, Sa Jangnim, for burdening you like this..”, I quickly apologized realizing I just put him in an awkward situation with his invited guests as Hyun started bowing as well.

 

“No, no! You mustn’t think that way! I am not burdened! Not burdened at all.. I just wish I could help you more.. Or better yet, I wish I hadn’t invited them in the first place.. But honestly, I feel alive.. And besides, I told you, anything for my sonnyeo..”, he attested smiling at Cherisse adoringly, who in turn picked up a piece of meat from Hyun’s plate and offered it to Kim Sa Jangnim.

 

“Is this for me, Cherisse?”, he asked as he took it from her outstretched chubby hands and took a bite.

 

“Mmmm.. That was delicious!”, he exclaimed, his eyes lighting up as Cherisse giggled.

 

“Try it with this, Sa Jangnim..”, I offered as I pushed a small cup of sauce his way. Hyun gave him another piece and he dipped it in the sauce as each and every pair of eyes around us watched Kim Sa Jangnim with interest.

 

“Yaaaaaa.. What is that?!”, his eyes bulged as he stared at the sauce, “It’s even more tastier than that piece of meat!”, he added as I started laughing because it was the same reaction I had and the rest of us who had it for the very first time.

 

“The piece of meat you just had, Sa Jangnim, is what we call lechon.. It’s roasted pig, basically.. And the sauce is the gravy specifically made for it.. It is most commonly called in Manila as—”

 

“TOMAS AHJUSSI!”, my cousins and I exclaimed, laughing.

 

“Actually, it’s called Mang Tomas, Sa Jangnim..”, Hyun corrected, laughing.

 

 

“Mang Tomas? Then why did they call it Tomas Ahjussi?”, Sa Jangnim asked, looking confused.

 

“Filipinos have honorifics, too, Sa Jangnim—”

 

“Really?”, Sa Jangnim interjected, looking at Hyun.

 

“Yes.. Their Eonni and Noona is rolled into just one word which is Ate, while Oppa and Hyung is Kuya.. Mang is actually short for Manong which literally means middle-aged man or Ahjussi.. Manang is their Ahjumma.. While the name Tomas is the name of the man who first made this dipping sauce..”, Hyun explained.

 

“I see.. So that’s why they called it Tomas Ahjussi..”, Kim Sa Jangnim mused, chuckling.

 

“Yes, Sa Jangnim.. They translated it since, as they said, we’re in South Korea..”, Hyun added, smiling.

 

“Ummm Is there any more?”, Kim Sa Jangnim asked, looking at our tent hopefully.

 

“Of course, Sa Jangnim! You must be hungry.. Wait here and I’ll—”

 

“No, I’ll come with you, Seohyun-ssi.. I want to see and taste everything you have..”, he said enthusiastically as he stood to follow Hyun inside.

 

“Aigooo, Sa Jangnim, are you sure you wanna go inside? One of Hyun’s Eonnies and brothers-in-law are chefs so we have an array of food in there.. Your taste buds are going to explode! Please take it easy..”, I warned him as I took over feeding Cherisse.

 

“Noted, Yong Hwa-ssi..”, he told me, smiling eagerly.

 

After a while, Hyun came back alone.

 

“Where’s Sa Jangnim?”, I asked her as I wiped Cherisse’s mouth clean.

 

“Still inside with the rest of his Directors and their wives.. Chang Sun Hyungbu and Yu Ri Eonni took over answering all their questions about the dishes we have inside.. It’s like a museum in there and tourists are taking a tour!”, Hyun answered laughing heartily.

 

“Because you guys have so many interesting things—”

 

“Like what, Oppa?”, she asked, curiously.

 

“Like that towel in the back thing—”

 

“Oh, that reminds me..”, she interjected as she took a towel from the bag hanging from her chair and carefully placed it between Cherisse’s back and dress.

 

“What about you, Oppa?”, she asked, turning to me.

 

“I’m good! I’m good, Hyun!”, I told her, as restrained laughter erupted from behind us.

 

Aishhh! Brats!

 

“Arasseoyo..”, she nodded as she started eating again.

 

“What is it, babycakes?”, I asked after a while, noticing that Cherisse started whining again.

 

“I think she’s full and wants to come down, Oppa—”

 

“We’ll take her, Eonni, so you guys can finish your dinner..”, Ga Young offered while Sue Ji and Jin Ri nodded behind her.

 

“Arasseo.. Thank you..”, Hyun told them as Ga Young waited for me to un-strap Cherisse from the high chair and set her down before she offered her hand to Cherisse.

 

“Tante Gaya..”, Cherisse said smiling up at Ga Young before she took the hand Ga Young was offering her.

 

“Omona!”, Hyun exclaimed looking at Cherisse in surprise.

 

“What did she say, Eonni?”, Ga Young asked, eyebrows raised.

 

“She just called you Aunt, Ga Young-ie..”, Hyun informed us, still staring at Cherisse with big brown eyes.

 

“She did?! Really?!”, Ga Young asked excitedly.

 

“Tante means Aunt in French.. She tried to say your whole name, I think, but she couldn’t, so she said Gaya.. But she definitely called you Aunt! Oh, Cherisse..”, Hyun elaborated, looking at Cherisse in amazement.

 

Hearing this, the rest of my cousins started on Cherisse. Saying their name over and over again, hoping Cherisse would pick it up, just like what Hyun’s Eonnies did the night we had that monthly chat that the Seos usually do.

 

I was smiling at my cousins’ antics with Cherisse and at the same time feeling so proud of my daughter when in the corner of my eye, I noticed Hyun swipe a tear from her cheek.

 

Aigoo! What did I do now?!

 

 

 

Seo Joo Hyun

Oh, Cherisse, no baby.. What are we going to do with you..

 

“Hyun.. What are you crying—”

 

“Shhh.. Not so loud, Oppa—”

 

“—about now?”, Yong Oppa managed to finish, lowering his voice like I requested.

 

“Are you that happy that Cherisse called Ga Young-ie, Aunt?”, he added, studying me. I nodded but I couldn’t meet his eyes and I knew he knew I was hiding something.

 

“Out with it, Seo Joo Hyun.”, he whispered sternly next. I looked at him and I knew there was no way he was letting this go just like that.

 

I sighed frustratedly, annoyed that he can read me like an open book.

 

“Well?”, he prompted, waiting.

 

“I just—I just..”, I stopped talking for a while, contemplating what I wanted to say before I started again, “I’m just worried that Cherisse is getting attached to everyone..”

 

“So you don’t want her to get close to them?”, he asked, confusedly.

 

“No, Oppa.. I’m happy that she’s finally warming up to them.. But they’re leaving in just a few days.. What if..”, I faltered as fear crossed my mind.

 

“Tell me, Hyun..”, he pressed.

 

“It’s just—I’m starting to regret bringing our family into this.. Especially now that Cherisse is getting close to them.. When she—when she lea—when she returns, it’ll be harder for her than us.. Because, at least, WE have each other and our family to back us up.. To go home to.. But Cherisse, she will be alone.. With parents she doesn’t recognize.. She’s going to cry, Oppa.. I can’t—I can’t—”

 

“Shhh.. Shhh.. It’s okay, Hyun.. Please calm down.. She’s tough, you’ll see.. Somehow, we’ll get through this, Hyun.. I know we will.. And so will she..”, Yong Oppa assured me as he tapped me repeatedly on the hand resting on the table.

 

“Arasseoyo, Oppa..”, I agreed uncertainly while Yong Oppa smiled at me, reassuring me.

 

This isn’t the time, Seo Joo Hyun.. You’re supposed to enjoy this party with your family.. And you have to support Yong Oppa with his mission.. For Cherisse.. – I know..

 

“Sig Hyung! HE’s coming down to the bar!”, Jung Shin suddenly hissed as our eyes all turned at the direction Jung Shin was trying to cautiously point to.

 

“Everyone get ready.. Get to your places..”, Sig Oppa ordered, sounding like the professional Architect I knew he was when he’s working. We all stood up, some scrambled to get their cameras ready and the earpieces distributed while the rest formed into groups as look-outs or stayed behind to look after our things and the kids.

 

“Yu Ri Noona.. Chang Sun Hyung.. Ready?”, we heard Sig Oppa ask.

 

“We’re ready..”, Yu Ri Eonni answered, looking determined as we wished them both good luck.

 

“Let’s go..”, Sig Oppa summoned as he led the way.

 

“Let’s have fun, Yu Ri-ah..”, Chang Sun Oppa told his wife who smiled at him as they moved in different directions, one to the left and one to the right.

 

Uh-oh..

 

“Someone should check on the witch—”

 

“Yah—”

 

“What? I can’t say her name out loud, Yong Yong Oppa.. Someone might hear—”

 

“Don’t call her that—”

 

“What do I call her, then? Would you rather I call her bit—”

 

“Witch is fine, Sue Ji-ah! Cham!”, Yong Oppa conceded as Sue Ji and Ga Young proceeded to walk to the direction of the tent Kim Sa Jangnim told us Goo Ha Ra was occupying with her Manager while Cherisse was taken by Yoo Na Eonni.

 

“Hyun, do you want to watch or would you rather we just wait here ‘till they’re done?”, Yong Oppa asked me as I looked at Cherisse being hugged by my sister.

 

“It’s okay, Joo Hyun-ie.. We’ll take care of her.. Go on ahead.. They might need extra pairs of eyes..”, Yoo Na Eonni advised as she tickled Cherisse who started giggling and reaching out for Seung Gi Hyungbu to get out of Yoo Na Eonni’s tickling fingers.

 

“If she looks for us—”

 

“I’ll come find you, don’t worry..”, Seung Gi Hyungbu finished for me as Cherisse climbed all over his lap just to get away from Yoo Na Eonni, screaming and giggling at the same time.

 

“Thank you, Hyung, Noona.. Come on, Hyun, we might miss something..”, Yong Oppa called-out a few steps ahead of me, his right hand outstretched towards me. I didn’t even hesitate when I took it. It’s as if it was the most natural thing to do.

 

Yong Oppa smiled at me as he pulled me closer to him and I felt my cheeks stretch from side to side despite the fact that I tried to hold myself in check knowing our family—what’s left of them in front of our tent—were still watching us.

 

I can’t help smiling back at him when he smiles at me.. – Yeah, I noticed.. Cham!

 

I thought I heard snickering behind us, but I got distracted when Yong Oppa gasped as soon as we found a spot near the steps going down to the bar.

 

“What?! What is it, Op—”

 

“Call Sig Hyung! Call him now!”, he exclaimed, gesturing frantically.

 

I reached for my cell-phone and dialed Sig Oppa’s number and handed it to him even before Sig Oppa answered.

 

“Hyung! Call it off! HER Manager is right next to Yu Ri Noona!”, Yong Oppa practically shouted at the cell-phone. I watched Sig Oppa from afar cringe and then I heard his voice shouting back through my cell-phone that Yong Oppa was holding.

 

“They’re going to figure out what we’re up to if they see—”

 

“Seohyun-ssi, is it al—”

 

“Kim Sa Jangnim!”, I exclaimed in surprise because I was so focused on Yong Oppa’s conversation with my cousin while I had my eye on the man beside my sister in the bar.

 

“Is something wrong?”, he asked confusedly as Yong Oppa kept hissing at the phone.

 

“Ummm We’re executing a part of our plan right now, Sa Jangnim..”, I started.

 

“And?”, he prompted.

 

“Apparently, uhhh HER Manager is down at the bar—”

 

“What?! I told them not to let any of them out yet ‘till you guys are done—”

 

“Oh hell, now SHE’S coming down! SHE can’t see HIM! If she does, she’s going to TELL him and he shouldn’t know! At least, not yet!”, we heard Yong Oppa say as Kim Sa Jangnim and I looked at what Yong Oppa was frantically gesturing at.

 

“Excuse me..”, Kim Sa Jangnim suddenly said as he dashed away. I watched him go down the steps, cross the recessed beach floor—avoiding the bar, and go up the steps at the other side, stopping Goo Ha Ra in her tracks in a matter of minutes.

 

Whoaaa! I didn’t even think Kim Sa Jangnim could walk that fast! Daebak!

 

Goo Ha Ra bowed when she realized who it was standing on her way. They talked for a while then 2 of Kim Sa Jangnim’s Directors joined them carrying trays of food. Then we spotted Goo Ha Ra’s Manager being escorted by the other 2 Directors each carrying numerous water bottles and cans of fruit juices in their hands. They all trooped into the third tent from the stage, even closing the front flap after them, but before it fell flat and closed them in, we saw Kim Sa Jangnim’s hand giving us a thumbs-up.

 

“Oh, thank God..”, I heard Yong Oppa whisper beside me as we watched Sig Oppa start giving instructions again.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter