Coming Out

We Got Married.. And had a kid?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Seo Joo Hyun

I feel like crying again..

 

I sighed after looking around what we call now the TV room due to the massive TV dominating one wall. We were happy a few minutes ago, but now the room was divided. One side had Yong Oppa’s cousins while opposite them were my twin brother and brothers-in-law. Cherisse and I were in another side surrounded by my 3 Eonnies, while opposite us were Soo Jung, Jung Shin, Moonie Ahjussi, and Sig Oppa. And in the middle of it all was Yong Oppa who kept telling us that he wasn’t the guy on the blurry video we just watched on the local news.

 

“Moonie Ahjussi, I’m sorry, but this conversation is off the records.”, Nich Khun Hyungbu addressed our VJ, looking stern and disappointed at the same time.

 

“I understand and I haven’t recorded since we arrived, Nich Khun-ssi.. The cameras here are the mansion’s CCTV, there are no audio..”, he informed us before he excused himself, leaving just the Seo and Jung family and Jung Shin.

 

“I’ll go, too, then—”

 

“No, it’s okay, Jung Shin-ah.. Stay..”, Yong Oppa suggested, sighing for what seemed like the thousandth time because he knew the inevitable was about to start.

 

“So, Yong Hwa-yah, is that you or not on that video?”, Mi Young Eonni’s husband started.

 

“No, Hyungnim. It’s really NOT me.”, Yong Oppa answered with conviction.

 

“But that girl said that that was you, Yong Hwa-yah.. Are you telling us she’s lying?!”, Seung Gi Hyungbu asked incredulously, arms crossed in front of him.

 

“Yes, Hyungnim! I would never do that!”, Yong Oppa insisted.

 

“But WHY would she do that, Yong Yong Oppa?”, Ga Young asked softly, looking disappointedly at her cousin.

 

“Because she’s mad at me for choosing Hyun as my virtual wife instead of her, among other things..”, Yong Oppa answered, looking down at the floor as he stood in our midst.

 

“Among other things? You mean there are other things she’s mad at you about? Like WHAT exactly?”, Chang Sun Hyungbu asked, frowning.

 

“I can’t say, Hyungnim..”, Yong Oppa answered, dejectedly.

 

“You can’t say?! What do you mean you can’t say?! For Pete’s sake, Yong Hwa-yah, you’re in trouble right now, and it’s not just with us, but the rest of the people who concerns themselves with these things, not to mention your parents! So if you’re keeping something from us, now is the time to tell us!”, Nich Khun Hyungbu bellowed making us all cringe.

 

Yong Oppa just hung his head in shame, keeping his mouth shut, looking so defeated that I felt sorry for him.

 

“Are you protecting her, Yong Yong Oppa?”, Eun Ji asked, looking like she’s silently pleading for her cousin to tell us the truth.

 

“I’m not, Eun Ji-ah—”

 

“Then why can’t you just tell us, Oppa..?”, Jin Ri reasoned-out, pleading.

 

“Because there’s just some things better left unsaid..”, he stated quietly.

 

“And I don’t want to hurt anybody else..”, he added sadly, this time looking at me. “You all just have to take my word that I am NOT that man on the video.”, he continued.

 

“So that’s really not you on the video?”, Yu Ri Eonni asked with an impassive tone.

 

“No, Noona.. Honest.”, Yong Oppa insisted again, looking suddenly tired.

 

“Why should we believe you, Yong Hwa Hyungnim?”, Min Hyuk cut in with a stone cold demeanor.

 

“Because I was in another place and because I just can’t be that man judging by the way he moved..”, he replied, looking down as if he’s ashamed about something.

 

“What do you mean, Yong Yong Oppa?”, Eun Ji prompted, confused.

 

Yong Oppa looked around at us, hesitating, and seeming like he was at war with himself, internally. Then suddenly, he started convulsing. All of us gasped, rooted to our spots. After a few heartbeats, some of us managed to move, scrambling to get to Yong Oppa’s side, while I couldn’t even move in shock and just held Cherisse tight for support.

 

“Hyung! Are you okay?!”, Jung Shin exclaimed as he dashed to Yong Oppa’s side, followed by my brothers-in-law.

 

“Yong Hwa Oppa!”, I heard his cousins shriek in panic.

 

Oh my God, Yong Oppa! What is going on?!!!

 

We watched in horror as Yong Oppa convulsed upright and started talking which made all our jaws drop.

 

“You see, I can’t be that man because this is HOW I dance..”, he explained as he moved in jerky, horrible ways.

 

“What?! You’re DANCING?! Are you KIDDING?!”, Sue Ji screeched, looking ridiculously at her own cousin in alarm.

 

“That’s what I’ve been telling you! I CAN’T be that man because I CANNOT DANCE TO SAVE MY LIFE! Aishhh!”, he shouted in annoyance as we all stared at him because we couldn’t peel our eyes away even if we tried.

 

“We believe you, so please STOP dancing, Yong Hwa-yah!”, Chang Sun Hyungbu exclaimed as if Yong Oppa’s dancing was physically hurting him.

 

“Arasseoyo, Hyung..”, he said as he collapsed miserably on the sofa.

 

Everyone was quiet after that, as if digesting what just happened, then Yong Oppa suddenly exclaimed, “THE HUMILIATION! Ugh!!!”, while he covered his face with his hands, agonizing.

 

 

That did it, Yong Oppa’s outburst was like a trigger. Laughter exploded at every corner of the room as each of our families collapsed on the floor from pure mirth—everyone but me and Cherisse.

 

Poor Yong Oppa..

 

I sat down beside him with Cherisse on my lap. When he detected we were near, he curled up into a ball away from us, cringing from embarrassment as he pushed himself on the side cushion of the sofa, hiding his face.

 

“Oppa..”, I started.

 

“Please don’t look at me, Hyun..”, he pleaded, something I thought I would never hear him utter in a million years because I had the impression that he always wanted our attention.

 

“Daddy..”, Cherisse called-out, clearly confused as to why Yong Oppa wouldn’t look at us.

 

“I’m sorry, babycakes, but Daddy’s not feeling well right now..”, he said miserably, his voice muffled by the cushion where he’s pushing himself, trying to get as far away as possible from us.

 

Cherisse pouted, pulled herself off of me and onto the sofa, then proceeded to put herself on top of Yong Oppa’s back, kissing his nape first before resting her head on the crook of it, hugging him tight from behind. Yong Oppa reached out his hand behind him and held Cherisse there.

 

“Oppa, it’s alright.. We understand..”, I said softly, bracing myself as I took Yong Oppa’s other hand and held it in mine for everyone to see, not caring what they thought of it.

 

I’m not leaving you when you’re down because you never left me when I was..

 

 

 

Horvejkul-Seo Mi Young

OH MY GOD!!! I can’t believe anybody can dance THAT bad.. Poor Yong Hwa.. I guess we really can’t have everything.. There will always be something we’re lacking or not good at..

 

I looked around as everybody started sobering up from laughing too much. I spotted Joo Hyun on the sofa, consoling Yong Hwa while Cherisse was hugging—more like lying on him from the back.

 

Aigooo, I SHOULDN'T have laughed.. WE shouldn't have laughed! It was bad enough that he's going through a scandal right now and we had the gall to laugh at his disability! Gaaahhh!

 

“Yah! Yah! Enough! We shouldn't have laughed at Yong Hwa-yah.. We need to apologize—”

 

“It’s alright, Mi Young Noona.. I don’t mind.. If I were you, I would have laughed, too.. I’m just glad that you all know, now.. I don’t have to make excuses or hide it anymore..”, Yong Hwa cut me off, looking a little more at peace with himself.

 

He straightened up, as far as Cherisse permitted, when I noticed my sister’s hand in his. I blinked, trying to make sure I wasn’t seeing things—I wasn’t.

 

Omo! I’ve never seen our maknae holding hands with anybody else before other than Papa and her own twin.. Hmmm.. Interesting..

 

I looked around and it seems everybody was now seeing what I just saw and before anybody could say a word, I glared at all of them—particularly the men—before I insisted we apologize to Yong Hwa.

 

“Sorry, Yong Hwa-yah/Yong Yong Oppa/Hyungnim..”, we all said in unison while we all tried our best not to comment on the two holding hands, especially Yong Hwa’s 4 younger cousins who all looked like they’re about to explode with excitement.

 

I guess they approve of our Joo Hyun-ah.. That’s good..

 

“Aherm! Okay so.. Let’s get back to the task at hand here.. If that wasn’t you on the video because you ummm can’t dance uhhh like that, then why don’t you just tell them about it..”, my husband asked, trying to understand the situation once and for all.

 

“Hyungnim, I almost DIED trying to explain and show you how TERRIBLE I am at dancing and you’re all my family—”

 

We’re family..? Since when?! – Well, technically you are.. Because of Soo Jung-ie, hello?! – Ahhh.. Okay..

 

“—what MORE if I have to do it in front of the WHOLE COUNTRY?! I won’t be able to survive that humiliation.. I just won’t.. Ahhhuhuhuhu!”, Yong Hwa sobbed, mock-crying again while Joo Hyun shook the hand she was holding, as if to tell him it’s okay while Cherisse, still pinned between him and the sofa, tried to kiss him on the cheek and continued to hug him on the neck.

 

Aigooo.. These three.. Seriously..

 

“Okay, so that means it’s your word against hers.. Do you have an alibi the day that that video was taken? Were you in this country, at least?”, Chang Sun asked, as everyone took a seat around the room and got comfortable.

 

“Yes, Hyung—”

 

“Busan?”

 

“No, Hyungnim—”

 

“Seoul, then?”

 

“Yes, Hyung—”

 

“Where in Seoul, exactly?”, Seung Gi added.

 

Yong Hwa hesitated before finally answering, “I was in a restaurant a few blocks from where they were—”

 

“Alone?”

 

“No—”

 

“So with friends?”

 

“Ummm No—”

 

“Not friends?”

 

“Uhhh No, not exactly—”

 

“On a date then?”

 

“Aherm! No—”

 

“Okay, but you were with a girl, correct?”

 

“Cough! Ye-es—”

 

“What did you say?”

 

“I said yes, Hyungnim—”

 

“Arasseo, but it’s not a date?”

 

“Yes—”

 

“Not a friend, but not a date, what is SHE then?”, I interrupted the men’s questioning as everyone’s attention turned to me.

 

Chopped liver?! Cham!

 

“She’s more of a colleague, Noona..”, Yong Hwa responded but didn’t elaborate more as he suddenly found something interesting in Joo Hyun’s hand that he was holding.

 

We all looked at each other, except for the three sitting in the middle sofa, shrugging our shoulders before sighing at the vagueness of Yong Hwa’s answers.

 

Colleague..? Clearly, he’s hiding something from us.. Is it THAT important that he’s willing to trade his reputation for it?

 

 

 

Jung Yong Hwa

Why do I feel like I’m being interrogated?! I didn’t do anything bad! Arghhh! – Just tell them the truth, Jung Yong Hwa! – I am! – The WHOLE truth! – I CAN’T and you know WHY! – Then endure it! – Do I have a choice..? Aishhh!

 

As I sat there, feeling miserable, embarrassed, frustrated, doubted on, and hated, I would feel Hyun’s hand squeezing my own once in a while, giving me strength, and the knowledge of how everyone could see it injects bravery in me. Added to that were Cherisse’s arms around my neck, hugging me to her as if protecting me from the cold, disappointed stares I’m getting from some of the people sitting around us.

 

Thank you, my Love Lights..

 

“Cough! Moving on.. Do they have CCTVs there?”

 

“We checked when she first threatened to release that video—”

 

“You mean she already TRIED this, but just did not go through with it?”, Yoo Na Noona suddenly blurted out, surprised.

 

“Yes, Noona—”

 

“When?!”

 

“Soo Jung-ie’s wedding rehearsal—”

 

“Is THAT why you went home that night, Oppa?!”, Soo Jung exclaimed angrily.

 

“Yes.. Sighhh.. She wanted me to bring her as my ummm plus one—”

 

“—date, but go ahead..”, Hyun suddenly interjected with an impassive tone, making everyone look at her in surprise.

 

Is she mad at me? Please don’t be.. I’m barely holding on, Hyun..

 

I silently prayed for her to continue supporting me while I squeezed her hand. After an agonizing heartbeat, she squeezed back, almost making me choke on my words.

 

Oh, thank God..

 

“Uhhh Yes ummm date cough! but I REFUSED, so she got mad at me and told me about a video of me that she was holding.. I told my agency that we need not be afraid because whatever she has doesn’t involve me, but my agency insisted I go home and deal with it in person..”, I continued.

 

“And?”

 

“When I got to the place where she wants to meet, there was dinner set for two.. She acted as if she hadn’t threatened me with a scandal—”

 

“What a psycho—”

 

“—and when I tried to leave so I could catch a flight back to Soo Jung-ie’s wedding, she slapped me—”

 

“That !”, Soo Jung exclaimed furiously, while I felt Hyun’s grip on my hand tighten.

 

“Soo Jung-ah—”

 

“Sorry, Eonni—”

 

“—she threatened to kill herself so Manager Hyung and I HAD to stay there with her Manager until she got herself drunk and passed out.. By then, Soo Jung-ie’s wedding was over..”, I related, looking at Hyun with regret.

 

I could have met Hyun there.. We could have had all these years spent getting to know each other, building memories, and sharing private jokes.. Maybe we’d even be married by now.. But then again, I STILL met her.. And even got a bonus—Cherisse.. I’m still thankful..

 

“You should have let her ki—”

 

“Yah, Sue Ji-ah—”

 

“But she’s horrible, Yong Yong Oppa!”, Sue Ji pointed out.

 

“I know! Believe me I KNOW.. But that’s not the way to solve a problem—”

 

“Arasseoyo! Aishhh! I hope we never cross path because if we do—HUH!”, Sue Ji threateningly said while my other cousins nodded in return.

 

Oh, these girls..

 

“Where were we? Oh, the restaurant.. What were you saying about their CCTV, Yong Hwa-yah?”, Seung Gi Hyung continued the questioning, while the rest of the men; Chang Sun Hyung, Sig Hyung, and Nich Khun Hyungnim readied themselves for the next round. Min Hyuk just stayed quiet, listening while holding Soo Jung in his arms. I just calmed myself, accepting that I have t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter