The Help

Learning 2 Love

Me and Moon sat down unwillingly to hear out what our parents were trying to explain.

"These two people are the Moon's. The boy you just saw running out of the house is their son, Jongup, who is also the same age as you. The Moon's here run a business but are in debit so for exchange of our money, they are going to give you their son's hand in marriage." Mr. Kim explained.

"You can't just buy love, dad. I don't want this and I'm pretty sure that guy doesn't want it either." Moonhye turned to the Moon's. "Wasn't that girl his girlfriend or something, why can't you guys marry him off to her?"

"Her family can't help them repay the debt, Hye-ah." Her mother butted in.

Moonhye let out a long sigh and sunk into her seat. "I don't even know anything about that kid. How old he is. What is occupation is. Did he attend college? If so, what major? So many things dad! Isn't their another way?"

"They don't have anything else to repay the money, honey. Please do it for us and them.... Maybe you can help their company get back on it's feet." Her mother started to rub her back but she jerked away. Moonchul sat quietly as he listened to every word that was being said.

"Fine. So can I go now?" Moonhye and Moon got up from their seats and he led her upstairs into his room.

--

"This freaking !" She groaned into the pillow. Moon was pacing around his room trying to figure something out. "What are you thinking about Moon?"

"I'll call the boys over really quick, I think I have a plan to get you out of this."

--

"Joohyun, wait up!" Jongup yelled as he tried to catch up with the crying girl. He reached out for her wrist and spun her to him.

"Why didn't you tell me! We never kept anything from each other! Who is she?" She tried to yank her hands from his but he was too strong.

"I don't know her! I will never know her because there is only you in my life! Please believe me! I'm going to go to my parents and sort this out, but please don't leave me!" Jongup looked deeply into her eyes. "Please."

Joohyun knitted her eyebrows before giving Jongup a tight hug. "Please figure this out. Let's just go home. Today has been a long day."

--

It's now a little past midnight and all of the lights in the Kim resident is off, that is other then one dimly lit bedroom... A black car pulls up into the driveway and two males walk out. One pulls out his phone and sends a quick text.

"They're here!" Moonchul said in excitement as he tiptoed down the stairs to let the guys in.

Sooyoon and James walked in and followed Moon up the stairs. Moonhye was already seated on the bed waiting for the guys to come in.

"Hey! Long time no see!" Sooyoon suddenly screamed causing Moon and Moonhye to clasp their hands over his mouth. They motioned the "Shh" signal and sat him and James down in the chairs already set up. Moon was the only one left standing.

James suddenly raises his hand. "Why are we here?"

"Today, our parents informed us that our Moonhye is going to be in arrange marriage with a guy she has never met." The two boys gasped and ran over to the girl and gave her a hug. "You guys are here to help us help her to get out of the marriage."

This time, it was Sooyoon who spoke up."Arranged marriages are still a thing? What century are your parents living in?" The room suddenly became silent and Sooyoon withdrew back to his seat.

"Anyway... I was thinking of either raising money to "buy" Moonhye out of the marriage or maybe find another girl who's family is capable of helping those people instead." Moon said in a matter in fact voice.

James raised his hand again. "Question! How are we suppose to do that? We're just an ordinary band and Moonhye is barely at adulthood... Have you tried talking to your parents yet?"

Moon groaned an ignored the gentle giant's questioned and continued on with his planning. "Let's meet up with the Jongup guy and see what he can do on his side."

Sooyoon rises up from his seat. "Wait, Jongup as in the dancer from BAP? That guy is crazy famous! What is his family doing being in debit and stuff? Doesn't he provide them money or something?"

"What do you mean BAP? Now come to think of it, that name sounds familiar..." Moonhye's voice started to trail.

"BAP is that KPOP band. Like the ones you see on TV!" James said in excitement. "You're getting married to a KPOP idol!! Daebak!"

This caused everyone to groan. None of the Kim's were really up to date with the mainstream music scene so they had no clue who Jongup or BAP was.

"Let's contact him tomorrow and see what happens from there. You guys can sleep here for the night if you want." moon went over to the closet and grabbed pillows and blankets and chucked them to the two guys.

--The Next Day...

Moonhye came down the stairs and was greeted by her parents eating breakfast.

"Umma, can I get Joonup's number? I'm going to contact him" Moonhye asked.

Her mother was surprised by her change of heart and immediately gave the number to her "His name is Jongup by the way sweetie..." Moonhye mumbled her breathe before running back upstairs and giving the number to the guys.

Moon punched the number into Moonhye's phone and put on speaker while everyone gathered around the phone. He continued to scribble a couple of words down for Moonhye to recite.

"Hello?" the other person on the line grumbled.

"This is Kim Moonhye. Meet me at the Galaxy Club at 5:00 PM in room 6. Wear something that can hide you're identity. Also bring that girl with you." And she hung up before he could think of a response.

--4:55 PM That Day...

The group entered the club and there was not a soul in sight. Well except for the bartender who was getting ready for the night.

"Hey Eric, we're heading up to room 6. If you see a kid about Moonhye's age, lead him to our room." James instructed. The bartender nodded and continued with his work.

Moments later 2 figures that was tightly concealed with scarves and sunglasses walked in looking around the place. Next to him was a girl who was still in her training uniform.

"Follow me." Eric immediately said and led the duo up the stairs to meet the others.

The chattering died down as the doors began to open and walked in 3 people.

"Sit" Moon instructed.

Jongup nodded before taking off his disguise. Moonhye was looking at him and she noticed that there was another male that was accompanying him and Joohyun.

"Uhmm... Who are you?" She asked.

"That's Yongguk. He is my group's leader/manager. He insisted of coming with me." Jongup answered.

Moonhye nodded and looked at Yongguk intently. He also started to take his sun glasses off and scarf to reveale his muscular stature. She was definitely in awe. Moon coughed a little before he started to talk.

"Let's get things straight. We don't know you and you don't know us. I'm also pretty sure you don't want this so let's figure something out before someone get's hurt.

Jongup nodded in agreement.

"I'm assuming you're his girlfriend?" Moonhye asked Joohyun. She nodded. "And... you're family can't help?"

"Both of my parents own a farm in Busan. I came up to Seoul by myself to become a KPOP idol." Joonhyun looked down into her lap.

Moon scratched his head and looked at Jongup. "What about you? Aren't you some big hot shot in the entertainment industry? Why aren't you helping you're parents?"

"Contrary to popular belief, idols don't make much as people think we do." Yongguk answered.

The Royal Pirates rolled their eyes and went back to thinking of other plans. "Well we have got to think of something before the parents initiate anything further." Moon said. Just then, Moonhye's phone started to ring so she excused herself to answer it.

"Honey, what are you doing? Have you met up with Jongup yet?" Her mother said over the line.

"Yeah. Is there anything you needed?" Moonhye asked.

"Since you both are together, meet me and Mrs. Moon at the Pink Blossom Bridal Shop! We're picking out dresses today!" She could here the over excitement in her mother's voice.

Moonhye choked on air when she heard the news. She tried to hurry her mother off the phone so she could run back to the meeting. "Yeah, I'll see you in a bit"

"What's up?" Sooyoon asked.

"Mom said for me and Jongup to meet her and his mom at a bridal store! What are we suppose to do!!!" Moonhye started to freak out.

"Go with him and pretend you like each other please." Moon suggested.

Jongup rolled his eyes and headed towards the door himself, leaving Moonhye behind.

"Yah! We're suppose to go together!" She tried to catch up to him but tripped on her own feet. She was ready for the face plant but she suddenly felt someone grab her by the waist.

"Be careful" The deep-voiced leader said as he held onto her. She blushed a deep pink and thanked him before trailing behind Jongup.

Yongguk smiled and led Joohyun back to the company.

--

The car drive was awkward as a turtle on its back. No one spoke a word and the only thing that can be heard is the radio that is playing a slow ballad song.

I was looking out of the window the whole time hoping the time can pass by quicker. I noticed Jongup's grip on the wheel was getting tighter as the time passed by so I decided not to say anything. We finally arrived (thank god) and I quickly ran into the building, leaving Jongup in the dust. I was thinking if I quickly chose a dress, we could get this over with and we could go our separate ways for the day.

"Moonhye!" my mom screamed as she ran to me. I put on my biggest smile and gave her a loose hug. Jongup came in and his mother went to him. I looked around for a cheap dress and handed it to my mom. "Here. This one is good. I'm gonna go now! bye~" I was about to make a run for it but mom grabbed my wrist and spun me around.

"You have to try it on sweetie! Ka~" She shoved the dress and me into a small changing room and stood gaurd. I was fiddling with the dress before actually putting it on. I really hope Moon comes up with something soon. I don't want to be walking down the aisle at the age of 19! After wearing the dress, I walked out of the dressing room and made my way to my mom.

designer-wedding-dresses-simple-wedding-

"Baby! It's beautiful!" I heard her say before she ran to me and gave me a hug.

I was looking around and spotted Jongup in a white tux trying to get his mother to stop fixing his outfit.  I let out a laugh and saw them walking over my way.

"They will look beautiful together!" Mrs. Moon smiled as she pushed Jongup closer to me. He wasn't all that bad looking if I do say so myself... Just a little too much bling and he could go without the sunglasses... I mean we're inside. Why does he still have those on?

78038387.jpg (That's what he looked like)

Jongup rolled his eyes for the nth time and I tried to look away. "Can we take these off now? I really have somewhere to go." He blurted. I scoffed and immediately went back into the dressing room to take the dress off. You want to be hastey? Well two can play that game Mr. Bigshot!

I walked out and handed the dress to my mom, thanked everyone and walked out of the building heading for the closest bus stop. Once I got on, I took my phone out and started checking if there was any news. I heard a bunch of girls pointing at me and mumbling things to each other. I gave them a look and they quickly looked away. That was really weird...

--

"Jongup, please tell Moonhye that we have a dinner reservation at the Moonlight resturaunt tonight. Please bring her and be on time." His mother said while helping him take his jacket off.

He turned around to look at his mom. "Do we really need to go through with this? Why didn't you tell me you guys needed help? I couldn've asked the company for a bonus or something."

His mother looked at him. "Me and your father have known the Kim's for a while. We didn't want to burden you. This was the only thing we could think of." She looked down. "Please understand. We've heard only good things about this girl. Maybe you can try to learn to love her. For us?"

Jongup didn't reply and continued to wear his clothes and headed back to the company.

--Moonhye's POV--

I was walking down the street and hadn't noticed that the sun has gone down and is now pretty dark outside. I tightly wrapped my jacket around myself and continued to walk. I noticed a building to my left that said "TS Entertainment" with a picture of what seems to be a girl group and boy group. I sqinted my eyes closer and saw Jongup and that other guy on the poster... I continued walking and heard a couple of footsteps behind me. Really? Is this really happening? I turned around and saw nothing so I picked up my speed. This time, I heard the footsteps getting closer and that was when I went on a full sprint. The person caught up to me and pulled me into the alley.

"Who do you think you're running from" The man reeked of alcohol with every word he spoke.

"Sir. Please let me go and I won't report you to the police" I manage to say.

"You really think I'm going to listen to a little girl?"

I tried to shrink into the wall as the man kept getting closer. His hands were on my thighs and were slidding up at a quick pace. I suddenly had the urge to head the guy and tried to make a run for it. I was stumbling due to the heavy hit and fell. He started to crawl towards me but that was when I heard another voice coming from the open end of the alley.

"Yah! What do you think you're doing?" The guy ran up to me to check on me and then mad his way towards the drunkard. He kicked him in the stomach once and helped me up. My head began to hurt a lot as he was attempting to drag me out of the dark and onto the near by bench.

"Yah. Wake up" He shook my shoulder. That voice sounded so familiar yet so foreign. I groaned as I clutched onto my head. He stood up and picked my up bridal style and we headed to the direction I was coming from.

"Aish. Weren't you just with Jongup? Why isn't he with you?" I heard the voice mumble and I passed out.