Awkward

Learning 2 Love

The walk to the car was quiet. Moonhye kept her head down while Jongup avoided eye contact. Once they got to the car, Jongup jumped into the drivers seat leaving Moonhye dumbfounded. Aish. This kid doesn't even open the door for me.

The drive was again, quiet. Soft music could be heard playing from the radio. Jongup was the first one to speak up this time.

"So how old are you?"

"I'm 19 this year." She answered.

He nodded. "We're the same age then. When's your birthday?"

"July 20th."

"Great. That makes me your oppa."

"Excuse you?"

"I'm older than you. So you should call me oppa." Jongup smiled widely to himself. "Come to think of it, you were also younger than Joohyun."

"I am NOT calling you oppa." She crossed her arms acrossed her chest. "Look, I'm really sorry about Joohyun." She began.

"It's okay. We're still talking to each other." Jongup butted in.

"Really? That's great!"

"Yeah, she said that the trainee life wasn't for her. But I was able to talk to her about our relationship after my temper tantrum in front of you and hyung." He explained.

Moonhye snorted. "Did you know how much a a kid you looked when you are mad?" Jongup faked gasp.

"Well excuse me for venting my feelings out like a real man."

"Real man? There were boogers coming out of your nose."

"That's natural. Don't tell me girls don't have mucus come out of their noses when they cry."

"Nope. We are magical creatures who have glitter come out of our noses." Both of them laughed at her comment.

"Moonhye. We both got off on the wrong foot. How about we start again." Jongup suggested.

She nodded. "You're right. I'll start. I'm Kim Moonhye. 19 years young and business major at Seoul University."

"I'm Moon Jongup. Also 19 years old. BAP dancing machine extraordinaire!" Jongup parked the car in front of the Kim resident. "Hey, if we did marry, Your name would be Moon Moonhye." He laughed at his own joke.

"You're right. But we're not going to let that happen, right?" She got out of the car. "Thanks for the ride home!"

--Moonhye's POV

I walked through the door and was greeted by my brother and his band practicing.

"How are you guys not getting complaints from our neighbors?" I threw myself onto the couch and listened to their practice.

"Why would they complain about our beautiful music?" James joked.

This guy is too much. I rolled my eyes at his response. "So what are you working on?"

"Since you're here, why not listen to the demo we have?" Sooyoon suggested. I have always loved the guy's songs that they have recorded, so being able to be the first one to listen to this new song excited me.

"What's it called?" I asked.

"하루다 지나가겠다 (Haru)" Moon answered.

"Lemme guess, you wrote it?" I asked.

Moon nodded. Of course he did. The love-struck title gave it away.

"Go on an play it!" I encouraged.

"Let us re-adjust our instruments woman! We just took a break." Moon scolded. I threw my hands in the air in defeat.

"Call me when you're done 're-adjusting'. I'll be in the kitchen." I got up and began to walk. Moon and his temper. I understand how passionate he can be with his music but he needs to calm down.

I  headed straight to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of juice. My phone buzzed in my pocket causing me to drop the bottle. Good thing it was plastic, but it still made a loud sound. I picked up the now bent juice bottle and set it on the table and pulled my phone out. It was a text from Yongguk.

Yongguk

Sorry I wasn't able to bring you back :(

Moonhye

It's okay :) The ride with Jongup wasn't that bad ;P

I set my phone down to take a drink. I was able to bring the bottle up to my lips before my phone buzzed again causing me to spill some of in onto my shirt.

"Goodness gravy" I swore under my breath. Of course it would be me off all people to spill grape juice on a white blouse. I put the drink down and grabbed a napkin. I was managed to glance at my phone.

Yongguk

That's good you two are getting along. He came back with a huge smile on his face. The guys are yelling me to turn the light off my phone >.< G'night!

I smiled at his text and sent him a good bye text. I began to viciously attempt to savage my blouse by scrubbing it with a wet napkin.

I was so focused on my shirt that I didn't hear Sooyoon walk into the kitchen.

"Hey, we're done- Whoa!" He turned to face the wall causing me to tilt my head in confusion. Why was he staring at the wall? Was there something on my face?

"You're shirt, Moonhye" He pointed behind him.

I looked down and saw that my shirt was nearly see through from the water and juice that was spilled. I immediately flew my arms up to my chest. " I am so sorry" I ran as quickly as i can to my room and shut the door.

That was so embarrassing!! Aigoo. I rummaged through my closet to find a large t-shirt and yoga pants. Might as well change out of this uncomfortable outfit while I'm at it. I walked out to the living room and found the guys set up and ready to play. Sooyoon's face is still noticeably pink. Maybe if I pretend that nothing happened everything will be just fine.. .

"Are you ready for us to play it for you?" James asked. I nodded and settled myself on the couch once again.

The intro started with a soft sound of strings then Sooyoon started to tap on the cymbal. Moon's guitar and James's bass entrance was next and then Moon started to sing.

I closed my eyes trying to take in the lyrics.

You’re not a traditional beauty
But I like you, who gets more attractive by the day
You don’t have a feminine voice
But the more I hear it, the more I get attached

I couldn't help but smile at the innocent lyrics. My eyes remained closed as they continued playing. I didn't noticed that I was so concentrated on the music that I ended up falling asleep on the couch.