Crossroads

Learning 2 Love

On the way to the meeting, Jongup decided to join his parents and Moonhye while Sooyoon went to explore Tokyo by himself. In the car, Moonhye kept nodding her head back and forth but never let herself fall asleep. Jongup took out his ipod and put "Definitely Today" and stuck one of the earphones into her ear. She was shocked for a minute but quickly smiling at the song. He stuck the other earphone into his and looked out the window. Suddenly, he felt her head fall onto his shoulder and he smiled. He looked over at her face and moved the hair that was getting in the way.

"I'm glad you guys can make it." The CEO said as he welcomed the group in. He introduced himself as Mr. Yamada. Jongup's parents sat down on the chairs set up in the office while Jongup and Moonhye stood behind them.  The meeting started to begin and Moonhye diligently wrote down all notes that she thought was helpful. Jongup stood there... awkwardly. He peered over to Moonhye who was dozing off again while writing her notes. He quickly nudged her, causing her to wake up and continue her writing.

Another 20 minutes past and the man looked at Jongup. "Aren't you from BAP?"

Jongup shyly nodded.

"What are you doing here? Are you guys related?" He asked.

"He's actually the Moon's son." Moonhye answered. The man nodded and continued to talk about their plans of expansion.

Jongup saw that Moonhye was falling asleep again, so he took her notepad from her and motioned her to lay her head on his shoulder. She violently shook her head and took the notepad back. Jongup groaned and grabbed the paper and pen back, pulled her closer so that she could rest on him. Moonhye proceeded to pout and gave in. She let Jongup do the writing while she stood there quietly.

The meeting ended quickly, but since no one had eaten yet, the Mr. Yamada suggested that they eat at his company's cafeteria. The cafeteria layout was like the ones you would see in hospitals. There was one line with several workers behind the serving area, smiling and serving food to the workers. On today's menu, there was miso soup, traditional Japanese sides, and spare ribs. Moonhye took her share of food and waited for Jongup who was right behind her. She headed towards the drink station and got herself a cup of tea and that was when Jongup walked up to her.

"Should I also get tea or hot chocolate?" He asked her.

"Hot chocolate? With this kind of food?" Moonhye questioned.

Mrs. Moon walked up to the duo from behind. "Our Uppie here loves his hot chocolate." She smiled and walked away.

Moonhye couldn't help but laugh after she knew that Mrs. Moon was out of view. "Uppie? You're mother calls you that?"

After Moonhye was able to calm down from her laugh attack, she noticed Jongup already walking away. You quickly ran to him, balancing her tray of food with her hands.

Jongup sat down and Moonhye took a seat in front of him. She noticed that he was giving her the cold shoulder. She decided to up her pride and apologize.

"Sorry for laughing..." She said with her head down.

"Don't worry about." He said as he dug into his food. "I'll find a way to get back at you." He thought to himself.

"I was thinking of studying abroad in China, what do you think?" Moonhye asked while eating her food.

Jongup choked on his food. "China? What's wrong with Korea?"

"Nothing's wrong with Korea, I just want to get a new experience, ya know? You're an idol, you get to travel like every other day." She said to her defense.

"Why didn't you say you wanted to travel? You could've just asked to work for our company. Like as a stylist or make-up artist." Jongup answered.

She laughed. "Does it look like I can dress myself or do make-up? And it'll be way to awkward."

"You'll get to see Yongguk hyung a lot more..." He muttered, barely audible for her to hear. "Have you told anyone else about it?"

She shook her head. "Nope. Congrats, you're the first one!!"