Downs and Ups

Learning 2 Love

After a few days of working at the Moon's company, Moonhye has gotten quite acquainted with everyone at the office. She was even informed that their sales have gotten up ever since she changed the layout of the website. With everyone's agreement, the Moon's also changed their company name to "Fly Me to the Moon". The best part was that none of the parents have brought up any advancements with the wedding.

Moonhye is currently at the office trying the situate influx of orders coming in for the weekend when her phone suddenly started to ring. She excused herself and went to go answer it outside.

"Hello?"

"Moonhye? It's Joohyun. Can I talk to you? I'm right outside the building."

"Yeah, sure. I'll be out in a minute."

She ran outside of the building and saw Joohyun sitting on the bench that was outside. She went up to the girl who was busy listening to her music and tapped her shoulder.

"Moonhye!" Joohyun took the earphones out of her ears and scooted over so Moonhye could sit.

"Is something wrong?" Moonhye asked.

"I'm moving to Busan." Moonhye's eyes widen in fear.

"Why! You're kidding right?"

Joohyun shook her head. "After seeing you and how loyal you are to your family makes me want to return to my own. You really are admirable, Moonhye-ah. You are standing up for what you believe in. I've been training at TS for 6 years and I don't think they are going to debut me anytime soon. I'm going to return back home and go back to school and make something better of myself to help my parents."

Moonhye's eyes were starting to water. Even though she hasn't really talked to Joohyun that much, she felt a connection to her.

"You can't leave. Jongup is going to hate me. He'll think that I made you leave. As for your company, I'm sure Jongup can talk to your CEO about that. I can ask  my parents to move your parents up here. But please don't leave. " Moonhye begged.

"I'm sorry. I have to listen to my heart. Please take care of Jongup. He really is a nice guy once you get to know him." Joohyun stood up and began to walk away.

Moonhye sat on the bench with a look of confusion and fear. She quickly pulled her phone out and dialed Yongguk's number. Maybe he can talk some sense into the girl.

30 minutes later, Yongguk pulled up to the building and saw Moonhye with her head in her hands.

"Moonhye, what's wrong?" He asked as he sat next to her.

"Joohyun. She said she's returning to Busan to her parents. We have to stop her."

"Yeah, she broke the news to us this morning. But why are you so flustered?"

Moonhye looked up at Yongguk with a are-you-serious look. "Wasn't Jongup mad? He's going to rip me apart."

"He's not like that Moonhye-ah" Yongguk assured her. Just then, both of them heard footsteps to the right. They both looked up to see Jongup with puffed eyes and his fists balled up.

"It's all of your fault!" He yelled as he charged towards Moonhye.

She was ready for the impact but to her surprise, she felt nothing. She opened her eyes to see Jongup on his knees crying. She also noticed that she was in Yongguk's embrace. She pushed Yongguk off of her and went to to the crying boy on the floor.

"I'm really sorry about Joohyun. If we leave now, we can probably stop her." She pulled Jongup up. "C'mon"

"It's no use. I tried stopping her already. She said that she wanted to be loyal to her family, like you Moonhye. This is all of your fault. Why did my parents have to marry me to you!!! If it wasn't for you, Joohyun would still be here with me!! Why did you have to push her to not leaving me? That made her even more uncomfortable! You should've stayed out of it. I hate you." Jongup lightly shoved her to the side and began to walk in the direction he came from.

"That's enough Jongup." Yongguk yelled.

Moonhye stopped Yongguk. "It's okay. I probably deserve it." She looked down to the feet. "This is going to be a long and lonely battle, isn't it?" She scoffed at herself.

"I'll be there for you, Moonhye." Yongguk put his hand on her shoulder. She shrugged his hand off and looked at him.

"It's okay, I know you already have Sora. Just ignore my existance because I will probably make your life miserable like I did to Jongup." She tried to stop her tears from falling as she walked back into the building, leaving a bewildered Yongguk.

--

"You're home earlier than usual." Moonchul said as he watched Moonhye walk through the door.

"It's been a loooong day." She threw herself onto the couch next to her brother.

Moon put down his guitar and sat up straight. "Spill. You are never this quiet."

"I honestly don't know what to do. I'm trying to hard to listen to everyone. I'm working at the company, just like mom and dad asked. I am not making any advances at Jongup, just like he wants. I thought everything would be fine if I faked a relationship with Yongguk, but he ends up reuniting with Sora, who was his ex-girlfriend. And you know what happened today? Joohyun decides to leave the city and return to Busan." She laid back on the couch.

Moon sat quietly as he tried to process everything. "Wait. When did you go out with Yongguk?!"

"It didn't last long."

*knock knock*

The two siblings looked at each other.

"Are you expecting anyone at 11 o'clock at night?" Moon asked as he walked towards the door.

Moonhye shook her head and hid behind the couch.

Moon opened the door to find Yongguk breathing really hard.

"Is Moonhye in?"

"Uhh... Yeah?" Moon stepped aside and let Yongguk in.

"Yongguk? What are you doing here?" Moonhye re-emerged from behind the couch and straightened out her clothes.

"I need to explain to you what happened the other day with Sora."

Sora was the last thing she wanted to hear about.

"It's okay, Yongguk. I shouldn't care who you go kissing, It's not like we are going out in real life." She went to the kitchen to get them drinks. "Here."

"It's not what you think . It just happened out of the moment. I let the my feelings get the best of me. I honestly don't have feelings for her anymore." Yongguk tried to explain.

Moonhye sat back down on the couch and let out a sigh. "You really don't have to explain. I understand. You guys both went out with each other so it was-"

She was suddenly cut off by Yongguk as he pushed his lips onto her's.

They stayed frozen. Both closed their eyes, but no one made any movement. Their moment was promptly interrupted by Moon's cough in the background.
Moonhye quickly pushed Yongguk off and wiped her lips with her sleeve.

Did Yongguk really just steal my first kiss. She could feel her face turn beet red as Moon gave them a dirty look. He slowly walked back up his room leaving her and Yongguk in an awkward situtation.

"Uhmm. Sorry about that." Yongguk scratched the back of his head.

"Do you just go around kissing girls?" She said as I turned to faced him. "Didn't your company teach you better?"

"It was just that you wouldn't listen and I was trying to explain that Sora kissed me first but again, you wouldn't listen and-"

This time is was Moonhye who pressed her lips onto his. He was totally caught off guard but slowly began to move his lips against hers.

Moonhye slowly pulled away.

"What was that about?" Yongguk challenged.

"You talk way too much." She laughed. "Welp. It's getting late. I'm sure your members are wondering where you are. Up up." She pulled him up and ushered him out of the door. "Stay safe!!!"

The door closed and Yongguk started walking back to his dorm.

--At BAP's Dorm

Yongguk finally made it back to his dorm and was greeted by Himchan.

"And where have you been sir?" Himchan asked as walked to the kitchen.

"I was at Moonhye's place." The leader sat down at the table and began to eat the left overs that were left on the table.

"What relations do you have with her anyway? Don't you guys find it a little odd of Guk going over to a girl's house this late?" This time it was Youngaje who joined the conversation.

"I for one think she's pretty cool." Daehyun said walking into the kitchen. "Though you do have a point, do you like her?"

Yongguk choked on his rice so Himchan ran over to hit his back. "I'll take that as a yes."

"What do you mean? I just consider her as a friend." Yongguk said trying to defend himself.

"Hyung, the last time I saw you do this much attempted skinship was with Sora." Daehyun said.

Youngjae sat up in his chair. "Speaking of Sora, why was she all of a sudden at the photoshoot the other day? Does Moonhye know her or something?"

"Yeah... You're right. Unless it was Jongup who told her to come." Himchan added.

"What about Jongup?" He walked in with his body pillow and sat down on a chair.

"Sora. Did you call her to the your parent's place?" Youngjae asked.

"Nah bro. I thought her family cut all ties with Yongguk though. What were you doing touching her and stuff the other day?" Jongup said.

"We were catching up. Is this interrogate Yongguk day or something? Why is everyone asking questions?!"

Everyone ignored Yongguk and looked at Jongup. "He was kissing her? No way!!" Daehyun got up from his chair.

"Yah! Calm down." The leader pushed the excited vocalist back down in his seat.

"Yep. And Moonhye saw everything~" Jongup continued.

"Hyung. I think Moonhye likes you. Why would you go kissing Sora when you know she's in the same room?" Youngjae said with a hint of disappointment in his voice.

"Yeah, I like Moonhye noona better too. She is a lot nicer to me then Sora." Zelo said coming out from his room.

"It's not like I can like her anyway. She's engaged to Jongup." Yongguk clasped his hand over his mouth and Jongup froze as Yongguk let the secret slip.

"She's what? We're going to have Moonhye as a sister-in-law!!!!!!" Daehyun cheered with Youngjae.

Yongguk mentally scolded himself while Jongup started slamming his head onto the table in annoyance.

*knock knock*

Everyone froze in their cheering position.

"Is anyone going to get that?" Zelo asked.

Himchan got up from his seat and opened the door.

"Moonhye?"