Food for a hungry octopus

Tako Cassette [COMPLETED]

 

“Yumi darling, HELP ME!! SAVE ME PLEASE!! I’M BEING HELD CAPTIVE IN THIS RAMEN SHOP NEAR OUR DOR-- hello, your dear friend is being held captive here in Kizaya Ramen. Unless you pay, I won’t free her. The amount will be 5,000 yen.” The ramen store owner hanged up the phone, preventing my voice from reaching the phone.

Oh my dear Yumi, please save me! I’m being scammed by Ruki!!

Yumi’s POV

“Yumi darling, HELP ME!! SAVE ME PLEASE!! I’M BEING HELD CAPTIVE IN THIS RAMEN SHOP NEAR OUR DOR-- hello, your dear friend is being held captive here in Kizaya Ramen. Unless you pay, I won’t free her. The amount will be 5,000 yen.” The person hanged up.

Oh dear, Kaomi has been kidnapped! Ahh where can I find 5,000 yen? Damn me and my shopping habits! I rummaged through my piggy bank, and only to find 3,000 yen lying pathetically inside the empty metal box. 

-END OF YUMI’S POV-

Kaomi’s POV

Looking at other customers eating the nice, deep fried and shiny gyoza, my stomach growled for more. Ahh....they left, with some leftover gyoza!

“Um....can I have those leftovers that the customers didn’t want? Please please pleaseeeee? I asked the store owner with my puppy-like eyes. Everyone falls for that!

The store owner looked at me weirdly. “Sure, go ahead.”

HELL YES!! I went to take the disposable cup and filled it with water, and rushed back to the leftover gyoza.

“What are you thinking, helping yourself to the water like that!” 

“I heard from the customers that they are free, so this water and the leftover gyozas shouldn’t be counted in the amount right?” I shamelessly replied and continued to munch. Hehehehe.

The store owner started to cook some omelette that looks pleasing. Blinded by the food, I stare at it hungrily, “Want to try some of these?” the owner asked cunningly.

“SURE!!” 

-END OF KAOMI’S POV-

Yumi’s POV

The phone rang, and I immediately rushed to pick it up:

“Hello, this is the ramen store owner. I’m sorry to say that the amount has been increased to 10,000 yen, this lady just ate tons of omelettes. Be sure to come, I gotta go off for some errands, please put the money under the plates. When I return, I’ll check the money and if I receive, I would release her.” The store owner said. 

OH LORD THAT PIG! She has terribly low tolerance for food! 

Maybe I should get Kai for help? But no, it would make me look bad! And the other dorm-mates wouldn’t help either.... Ah! Maybe I could try this...

I rushed to the store with the money in a white envelope, and placed it under the plates. I quickly hid behind some bushes nearby and waited for Kaomi and the store owner to return. 

An hour later, they returned, and I saw the owner glancing through the money carelessly without counting it, and released Kaomi. Kaomi quickly ran towards the direction of our dorm, and I revealed myself to her... only to be shouted by the store owner...

“OH THIS IDIOT GIRL!” the store owner screamed, only to find a few papers of white paper between the notes to make it look full, with ‘I’m really sorry, I’ll return you the remaining!’ written on each paper.

“RUN!!! RUN KAOMI!!” I shouted and we ran towards our dorm.

I swear this girl is going to be the death of me.

Ah. I feel like I’ve gotten older. Argh!

-END OF YUMI’S POV-

 

 

Please do leave a comment about your thoughts on this fic! Thank you!