Departure

Tako Cassette [COMPLETED]

 

Miki’s POV

 

“Realllly?! Are they really giving Kaomi another chance to go back to su Academy? (This is her old prestigious school)

 

“Yes Mrs Takoya. I’m here to pass you this letter from the principal. I managed to convince the school board to let Kaomi re-enroll. After all she’s my best friend, I can’t graduate high school without her,” Miki pretentiously wiped a fake tear from her eyes, releasing a few fake sobs in front of Tako’s mom. 

 

Yes! It’s only a matter of time before Tako leaves that school, and get her off Ruki. My purrrrfect plan. Why didn’t I think of this earlier? Hohoho. Tako’s mom’s eyes are glistening with tears. She’ll definitely send Tako back to su. This is it! 

 

“Thank you, Miki. I’m really happy and thankful that you helped our small family. As you can see, we are really poor and we couldn’t afford sending Tako to su. It’s a miracle alone that she was able to attend that school on scholarship alone. Thank you very much, Miki.” Tako’s mom bowed deeply opposite of me kneeling, with her head down on the floor.

 

“Ah-h no no, this is nothing! I’m glad to be of help, Mrs Takoya.” I bowed deeply back to her in respect, smiling in victory.

 

Tako’s POV

 

Why is my left eye twitching all day? This is not good. Bad omen. I better hurry back home away from this annoying pineapple. Why can’t he give me a peaceful day without him for once?! I glared to the human walking beside me, who is blabbering on and on with his hand gestures.

 

“OH FOR GOODNESS SAKE, RUKI. GIVE ME A QUIET TIME CAN YOU?!” I blasted into his ear, and stomped down the pathway. 

 

“THAT WAS FRIGGIN’ LOUD. COME BACK HERE! I’M NOT DONE YE----” 

 

------

 

What.the.sorcery.is.this?

 

“Mom, can you repeat that again? I don’t think I processed that yet.” 

 

“You must be in shock, aren’t you? My poor girl. You are going back to su Academy!! Look around, Mikki has already packed most of your stuff back to our old apartment near su. You’re leaving tomorrow my dear! Thank your best friend Miki ok? She’s so nice. Even offered us premium moving service. Look how fast they move! Your stuff has already arrived!” Mom happily cheered on the phone, blabbering on and on...

 

I’m leaving.

Away from Tokyo. 

Away from Yumi.

Away from everyone….

 

And….

Away from Ruki. Tomorrow.

 

Things has evolved so fast that I couldn’t even cry, after having known about this news from shock.

 

How am I to do? I have no friends back in su. After all the troubles I have in the current school, I was able to make new friends…… Yumi, Kai, Aoi… Uruha...Reita….

 

 

 

Ruki…..

 

 

 

I felt my sight getting blurry. I quickly slam my phone shut, and laid on the bed.

 

“Your smexy beast” is on the screen, blinking non-stop. Tsk when did he change his contact name on my phone? That vain .

 

------

 

“….Is...Is… this true Kaomi? You’re leaving Tokyo? What about us? What about Ruki?” Yumi cried, spluttering words all over.

 

“OH spare me this crying fest, Yumi! I’m sure no one is going to notice aye…. I’m not that significant in the clique.” I brushed it off with a fake laugh.

 

“THAT IS UTTER BULL I TELL YOU KAOMI. YOU’RE NOT! WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO U-” 

 

“I feel sleepy. I think I’m going to head to bed first. There’s alot of things to do tomorrow before I leave! Goodnight!” I quickly covered myself with my blanket, silently crying.

 

------

 

A WEEK LATER

 

It’s been a week since I re-enrolled back into su Academy. As usual, everyone around me gave me looks all around when I stepped into the campus.

 

But one thing I’m glad about this is I can finally live with my mom. It’s been a long time since I last saw her ever since I moved to Tokyo. She teared up upon seeing me at the door, hugging me so tightly that I couldn’t breathe. She whacked up some of my favourite dishes. I love her.

 

I sliently trudged back into the empty classroom after taking a walk around the campus to relieve my stress. As usual, no one was there since it’s break time now. All alone as usual huh…. I knew happiness back in Tokyo won’t last long….

 

As I walked back to my seat, I found a cassette on the table. 

 

Out of curiosity, since I have available time, I went to the music room and inserted the cassette into the player. A soft uptune melody started playing:

 

“La la la~

Oh TakoOoOoO~

You’re so tender and bouncy~

Always b with laughter everywhere you go~

Don’t go away from me~

Since i’m wild-------” eh? Did it end here?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly the player boomed,

“DAAAAAAAA ZeEeEeEeEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~”

 

WHAT THE……..Hang on. This voice sounds oddly familiar. But I can’t phrase it whether it’s from who…

 

I went back to the classroom after the bell rang, signifying the end of break time. The day went pass as usual, sneering, rumors, bullying…

 

 

NO ONE’S POV

 

 

THE NEXT DAY

 

“There is a new transfer student today. Please treat him good. Come in!” Sensei called out to the new student outside the door. 

Short legs came into view and soon, his whole appearance can be seen. He stood lazily beside the teacher’s table, scanning around the classroom as if he was looking for something.

 

When he found he what he was looking for, he smiled handsomely and winked at the target. 

 

“Now, let’s look for a seat for you…Keep quiet girls!” Sensei shouted across the classroom, trying to calm the females in the room.

 

“Ah there it is! Please seat next to Tako. Tako raise your hands please.”

 

A meek girl raised her hands with an surprised expression on her face. is hanging low with a comical expression. 

 

He chuckled. Only she is able to give off such a dorky and stupid reaction. Only her. Mine.

He held her face with his hands, noticing that the whole classroom has gone quiet. 

 

“He-e-y what are you doing!?” The girl shouted in shock, unable to process the current situation.

 

“This is what you get from leaving me,” He tilt his head and closed his eyes, feeling the familiar texture on his lips. 

 

 

Mine.