Harugin Ring

Tako Cassette [COMPLETED]

 

Chapter 16

Harugin Ring 

 

"Kaomi, are you sure you want to buy the harugin ring? I know you worked hard for it but...you're going to spend your entire savings on it!" Yumi exclaimed, pulling my arm to warn me. 

 

"YES YES, I am going to buy it! I did not work part time for nothing, Yumi. I have endured tons of humiliation from each jobs for being so clumsy and forgetful. It's only after all these hard work I managed to save just enough for a harugin ring. Ruki make sure you appreciate this darn ring like its a gift from the gods above." I cursed as I looked through the glass panels, searching for a suitable ring. 

 

 “What exactly happened in your part-time jobs, Kaomi?” Yumi glanced around the store, looking for a suitable ring. 

 

“Nothing really, except tripping over an invisible rock and spilling pasta all over a customer’s shirt, oh, and giving the wrong change to the customers while being a cashier and can’t help but reading shoujo mangas during my work time while working as a retail assistant in a book store.” Oh! This ring looks great! 

 

Yumi giggled. “As usual. I’ve predicted it even before you started work.”

 

“Oi! What kind of friend are you? Come here and help me choose! I can’t decide between these two rings. They’re in my budget range too,” 

 

Ring 1: http://harugin.com/accessory/images/daitetsu/main_01.jpg

Ring 2: http://harugin.com/accessory/images/docross2/main_01.jpg

 

“Hmm, hard choice, Kaomi. Both looks really good. But I guess I’ll choose this ring. After all, skulls aren’t really my type.” Yumi carefully glanced between both rings, and picked up the ring with the large cross on it.

 

“Alright, this ring then. Excuse me! Can you wrap this up for me, please?” 

 

***

 

“Good lord, Kaomi! Can you please, PLEASE, let go of that box even for a moment?!” Reita exclaimed, giving me that irritated look.

 

“No! Never! I spent my entire savings on it. Who knows I might have misplaced it or someone would steal it!” Paranoid, I placed the box in my coat jacket and placed my hand over it. 

 

“God, it won’t grow legs and walk away, Kaomi. Look, you’re getting all tensed up. We’ll look out for you alright!?” 

 

“Fine, fine!” I harrumphed. 

 

“So what are we gonna do about Ruki’s birthday? I’ve known him for years, and I know he doesn’t like a complicated, or flashy kind of surprise party. He would prefer a simpler one. Maybe just you know, we could prepare some snacks and a cake in the studio, close the lights and wait for him to arrive. Then, we can surprise him with the cake!” Uruha suggested, while Aoi nodded in agreement.

 

“Hmm, I guess it’s fine then. I’ll bake the cake!” I gleefully raised my hand, looking smug.

 

“Uh, no you won’t. Reita, you’ll be in charge of the cake instead. I am NEVER letting that tearful incident happen again. Better be a decent cake or….” Kai started cracking his knuckles and flexing his muscles.

 

Yumi’s POV

 

Oh my dear Kai… Look at those muscles!! Oh and his expression. Oh god if looks would kill I might have died right now. Those muscles is practically screaming, *TOUCH ME NOW!!* Omg, kyaa!

 

End of Yumi’s POV

Kaomi’s POV

 

Good gracious, look at Yumi. She’s practically pasted to Kai’s arm. Omg is she drooling?!

 

“Alert! He’s coming in!” Aoi urged as we pretended to busy ourselves with our own stuff. 

 

“Oh dayum, someone call the police! There’s a handsome man in the mirror! Oh wait- you don’t have to, that’s just me.” Ruki exclaimed, while looking at pocket mirror he found on table, and fixing his pineapple hair. 

 

I snickered. “God, I think I might have to call the ambulance,”

 

“Why?” Ruki turned his glance to me, and gave me that what? look. 

 

“Because your face might need some plastic surgery. All you can get. It’s ok, you’re rich enough to handle those surgery bills.” Aoi tried to hold his laugh in.

 

“OMERA-- WHAT DID YOU SAY?!” Ruki pushed the tables away, ran towards me like a lion with a huge mane spotting it’s prey. 

 

“I just said, you need an ambulance to fetch you to the hospital. It’s a free trip service to the hospital, yo! You don’t have to pay cab fare, nor train tickets.” I smugly retorted. Oh I feel so good now. Take that! 

 

“You’re gonna regret this, Tako!!” Ruki growled, (gosh that sounded y) and carried me over his shoulder walking out of the classroom.

 

“OY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! Omg my skirt… PUT ME DOWN!! My weight will only make your height shorter! I’m sure you don’t want that!!” I screamed, while smacking his back hardly.

 

“Oh it’s ok my dear Tako, I made sure to drink the whole cartoon of milk this morning. Don’t worry about me.” Ruki gleefully smirked, and patted my a few times to annoy.

 

“Oh my gosh, what is he doing to that poor girl? She needs help!” A girl whispered to her friend, while pointing at me. Yes you, HELP ME!! SOS!!

 

“Oh look, strawberry print ! Where’s the camera when I need it?!” A boy exclaimed.

 

Soon I found myself outside the school building and in the pool section. Don’t tell me---

 

“My lady, I’ve decided to return you back to where you rightfully belong. I know you made a deal with the evil witch in the waters to turn your eight tentacles into human legs, so you can find your rightful prince on land. But sadly, you’ve suffered too much on land, and being the all-so-handsome me, I felt pity for you and decided to carry you gracefully back to your homeland. Goodbye, Tako. I’ll miss you.” Ruki pretended to wipe his tear, and made fake sobbing sounds.

 

Before I could react, he dropped me off into the pool, I can feel my body sinking deeper into the pool. 

 

I just realized, I do.not.know.how.to.swim.