Envy

Tako Cassette [COMPLETED]

 

Chapter 26

 

Tako’s POV

 

How dare he, playing around with my feelings like that. I knew that making these chocolates for him was a wrong idea. I knew that he won’t appreciate it, but yet I tried my hardest, feeling hopeful, that he would appreciate and enjoy it. I guess I’m just not cut out for this things, huh?

 

I admit I was feeling hopeful while making the chocolates, hoping that we would...get together. It must be weird to hear this coming from me. That time, when he held and embraced me in his arms, patting my back gently, comforting me soothingly while my cries slowly came into a halt. I started getting these weird somersaults in my stomach when he did it. As if he cared.

 

This feeling is new to me. I have never got the chance to fall in love before I met Ruki. I was ecstatic, thinking finally, is this how it feels to be in love?, I did not think of rejection at all. It never came across my mind once. 

 

I hastily walked towards the nearest trash bin, looking at the chocolates lying on my palm with sheer disgust as I recalled how Ruki and Sumire treated it back in the classroom. Feeling pissed, hurt and angry, I slammed the chocolates down into the bin, and stomped off. I needed a breather. 

 

Arriving at the school’s courtyard, I sat down under a shady tree. My thoughts began rushing into my head. The way how he looked at me, how he mocked me, how these ‘sweet little things’ happened, and finally, the recent -- how he teased my feelings. I realized, he was just playing with me. He did not even take me seriously even once. I chuckled to myself. I’m such a fool. 

 

Everyone deserves someone that they truly love, isn’t it? Why not me? I heard a girl giggling behind me, and I turned my head. It was Yumi and Kai, cuddling together under a tree, a distance away from mine’s. I was too occupied with my thoughts that I didn’t notice them entering the courtyard too. Apparently, they didn’t notice me as I’m covered by the tree trunk. I took a real good look at them. They look so happy and blissful. I was envious. 

 

Ruki’s POV

 

Right after Tako ran out of the classroom with tears in her eyes, it hit me. I mumbled to myself. Ignoring Sumire and her pose, pushed her roughly away from my path and I ran out of the classroom, chasing after Tako.

 

Damn, what the heck did Tako do these days? Did she exercise? She sure run fast now. I skidded to a stop,  giving a thought where Tako would go at this time. If I was in her shoes…

 

I started running towards the courtyard, hoping that my guess was correct. I noticed her small figure under the tree, her head facing towards Yumi and Kai in the distance, looking all gloomy and envious. It broke my heart.

 

I quietly walked towards her direction and sat down beside her. She didn’t notice my presence, looking as if she was too busy with her thoughts, envying Yumi and Kai. 

 

“Hey,” I muttered softly, causing her to jump in shock. She turned her head so quickly that I think I heard something cracked. Her wide eyes are staring right into my eyes, with forming into a small ‘O’. 

 

“…” She started getting up from her spot. I must have hurt her...so much…

 

On reflex, I reached out for her arm. 

 

“Please, hear me out, just this once,” I pleaded, giving her my sincere look as I dragged her down back to her spot.

 

I took a deep breath. Here goes nothing.