The day where Kaomi is glorified.

Tako Cassette [COMPLETED]

 

Chapter 21

 

 

Tako’s POV

 

“No it’s not what it seems to be!! There was a cockroach in the bathroom and out of--” 

 

“Oh hush munchkin, I know you guys just want to have lovey dovey alone time together! We understand, don’t we, Aoi?” Yumi sighed, clasping her hands together, looking like i-have-finally-gotten-myself-a-boyfriend kind of look. 

 

“No!! It wasn’t like that!” SERIOUSLY WHAT IS UP WITH PEOPLE MISUNDERSTANDING ME??

 

“Ohhhhhhhh. Ok Tako I forgive you.” Aoi winked and went back to prepare the cake. “Oh right, while you guys are getting lovey dovey inside the bathroom, whoknowswhatyouguysdidinside-cough- I asked Reita to buy us another new cake. Make sure you two don’t destory the cake this time!” Aoi warned, waving his index finger at us.

 

“Alright! Let’s get this party going, shall we? We’ve wasted too much time!” Kai cheerfully exclaimed, bouncing up from the sofa and walking towards the cake. He began to light up the candles and began to sing the birthday song.

 

Everyone except Kaomi: Happy birthday to you, 

Kaomi: You were hatched from a seed~

Everyone except Kaomi: Happy birthday to you, 

Kaomi: You look like a pineapple~

Everyone: Happy birthday to Ruki~

Kaomi: The pineapple is ripe~

I heard Reita snorting. What’s up with him!

Everyone: Happy birthday to you!

Kaomi: I can eat it now~!

I saw Reita turning to face the back, his shoulders trembling. Oh he heard my wonderful birthday song isn’t it? I knew my composing skills were fabulous! He must be tearing up right now, due to my touching and heartwarming lyrics. Oh dear, I should refrain from composing in future. Ahh~ I can’t help it right? I’m just so talented~ I smiled to myself and held my chin up.

 

“OH TAKO YOU’RE SO DEAD!” Ruki began to make his way towards me and began to tickle. 

 

“My lyrics are wonderful, isn’t it! I bet you love it!” I chuckled, laughing my off mocking him. Take that! 

 

“You….DESERVE THIS!!” Ruki began to tickle more vigorously. 

 

“Sigh, what can we do about this cute and endearing couple?” Uruha sighed, shaking his head.

 

“I know, it’s so obvious! Sometimes I hope they would hurry up and confess already, all these ruckus is giving me a headache,” Aoi rubbed his forehead.

 

“Oh Aoi, let nature take it’s course. We can’t rush them. Come here, let me help you,” Uruha walked towards Aoi.

 

“Enough!! Ruki, open up your presents! I wanna know what’s inside,” Yumi cheered, giving me a wink. That girl!

 

“Muhahehe, ok,” Ruki got off.

 

----xx---

 

“Aww thanks, Reita. I’ve always wanted one of these caps! Sankyu!” Ruki grinned cheekily, putting on the cap. “How do I look?” He glanced towards his reflection on his handphone screen.

 

Oh god, he looks so handsome in that cap. I began to stare at Ruki in awe.

 

“Alright! Last present is from Kaomi! Open it up Ruki!!” Yumi urged, pushing my present towards Ruki and urging him on to open. Oh my gosh Yumi, you’re way to obvious!!

 

Ruki excitedly ripped open the present wrapper. Gosh, he’s such a child. But he looks so cute like this….wait- what are you thinking, Kaomi!!

“OMG IS THIS A HARUGIN RING?!” Ruki gasped and jumped up, admiring the ring. “OMG, I can’t believe this!! Thank you Kaomi!!” He ran towards me and gave me a breathtaking hug. Ooof. “Omgomgomg I’m going to wear this everyday, Kaomi! Thank you again!!” Ruki bounced up and down, never once taking his eyes off the ring. Awww, I felt like those hard work is worth it. He looks so adorableeee..

 

“OH look! It’s a declaration of love from Kaomi! Aren’t you giving one to Kaomi back?” Yumi teased, making sure to raise her voice.

 

“NO IT’S NOT LIKE THAT!!” Yumi you !! 

 

“Oh look at her! She’s red like a tomato~ Kaomi loves Ruki~ Kaomi loves Ruki~” 

 

“Stop it!! And my face is red due to the hot temperature of the room!” 

 

“Awww, Kaomi dear, you’re being too obvious~” Yumi cheekily smirked.

 

I huffed, why can I think of anything smart to retort back? I’m always losing to Yumi like this!

 

-----xx-----

 

“That was fun! I’m glad we had this party,” Aoi slurred, with Uruha supporting him. Everything is fun if there’s sake around. Tsk!

 

“Same here, I’ll go off first, I have to tug this guy home. Oof. Ja-ne!” Uruha gave us a wave, and dragged Aoi to the sidewalk to hail a cab. 

 

“Oh damn,  I just remembered I left something at Kai’s house. I need to collect it!” Yumi exclaimed fakely. I know what you did there. Stop faking, Yumi! I gave her a glare.

 

“You do? What did you left at my house?” Kai questioned, giving her a confused look. Yumi started making all sorts of distorted expressions, trying to hint Kai.

 

“Yes, I DO! Come on, lets go! I’ll see you later, Kaomi!” Yumi dragged Kai to his bike and started to put on the helmet. “Ruki can do me a favor and walk Kaomi home please? Sankyu!” She hopped onto bike, and Kai sped off.

 

“Pish that sneaky couple…” I kicked the pebble on the pavement. 


Ruki can’t take his eyes off the ring for the whole trip back home. He did not spare me even one glance! I knew I shouldn’t have bought that ring!! Hmpf! I took another umpteenth glance over at Ruki, only to find him smiling to himself at the ring. Argh, that guy. I began to sulk. 

 

“Ne, Tako..” Ruki called out. I focused my attention on him and stopped searching for the keys. 

 

“Yea? What is it?” 

 

“This.” His face got bigger, before I knew it we were embracing. “Thank you for the ring,” he whispered into my ear and started to back away from the hug. 

 

“No probl-” Ruki gently placed his hands on my neck and started to tilt his head. At the next minute, I found myself kissing this pineapple head.

 

“Oh THIS IS AN IMPROVEMENT!! Where is the camera when I need it?!!? Oh there it is!!” Yumi whispered, hiding behind the wall with Kai behind her.

 

“So about you forgetting your things over at my place was a lie? Damn, I thought we can do something else after that…” Kai muttered, sulking.