No love like chocolates

Tako Cassette [COMPLETED]

 

"Hm?" Ruki looked up from the guitar he was tuning as the drummer came bouncing into the living room.

"Guys~ let's take a bet on who will receive the biggest amount of chocolates this year!!" He grinned. The band members fixed their puzzled gaze on Kai.

"Sure, why not. I'll bet 50." Ruki said as he went back to tuning his guitar.

"We'll pass," Aoi drawled as he put an arm across Uruha's shoulder and focused on the TV.

"What's with the hype on chocolates that came out of nowhere, Kai? Usually, the manuke one who does that would be Ruki.." Reita yawned as he glanced at him.

He rolled his eyes at the bassist and stuck his tongue out.

"Maa, I just thought that..." Kai chuckled nervously as he racked his brains for excuses. No way is he going to let them catch wind of Yumi baking some extra large chocolates for him. He had to win the bet for the sake of bringing Yumi to somewhere romantic to make up for the other day! His dear Yumi~

Well.. It’s not like I will mind placing a bet in this since I've been winning the bet since high school.. Ruki thought as Kai continued giving lame excuses to Reita. But then again, Yumi will definitely bake some crazy sized chocolates for her beloved Kai! Damn, did Kai already think of that? ! If I lose this bet, I will also lose my reputation on being the iest beast in school! I should probably start posting some pictures of myself in my blog to seduce the fangirls into making more chocolates for me.. Afterall, I can't trust Tako on making me chocolates. She'll most likely snort and kick my shins even if i ask.. Ruki sighed. If only Tako gets the message through his little actions.

As if he was reading Ruki's mind, Kai added on, "Oh and, to make things more interesting this year, chocolates from girls who are in your fanclub doesn't count!"

"WHAT?"

"Ja~" Kai sang as he skipped away.

Ruki growled, "Damn.. so, how much did you bet, Reita?"

"I didn't," Reita gave an amused laughter as he stretched and followed Kai out of the room, leaving Ruki's stunned self sitting on the sofa, cussing.

"You can ask Tako."

"Only if you can," Uruha chirpped in.

Busturds.

-xxx-

A few hours later.... A surprised Tako stood at the door, with a bewildering sight in front of her- Ruki in a tux, with a rose in his hand to boot.

"My lady," He bowed as he held out the rose, "The great me is honored to be receiving your chocolates this valentine." 

Tako cocked up her eyebrows in sheer amusement. "Oh my lord," She played along. "This lowly octopus here is not capable of receiving your love, sire, please leave!! Leave before my tentacles happen to find their way to your neck to strangle you!"

Ruki stuck his foot in between the door as Tako started to close them. "Wait! My love, MY LOVE!!!" He paused as he racked his brains for compliments. "OHH MY LOVELY MAIDEN!! Your hair looks exceptionally lovely and... and octopusy tonight! With the addition of y-me over here  being embraced by them and eating CHOCOLATES made with LOVE, I'm sure that you will truely become a beautiful mermaid!!"

A big smile flashed onto the girl's face - almost too widely. "Oh Ruki~~" She coo-ed and carassed his cheeks.

His cheeks burned from the light touch and he removed his foot from the door almost immediately when Tako pulled her hand back.

The door slammed shut.

Ruki stared at the slammed door and contemplated. Ah, Tako must be flirting with me! He rang the doorbell in glee. No response. Thinking that Tako was just being embarassed, he rang it for the second time, just in case.

Tako opened the door. 

"Oh, are you shy, my lady?" Ruki twirled the rose in his fingers and  practically shoved the rose onto her face. "You are as lovely as this rose, full of glamour, yet plenty of thorns." 

She snorted. She obviously didn't think of that as a compliment.

Ruki moved on instinct as Tako unleeshed a kick to where his shin was at just a second ago. And once again, the door slammed.

Ringgg! "Tako!" Ringgg! "Octo!" Ringgg! "Mer-oct!" Ringgg!! "TAAAAKOOOO~~" Ringg- "Aw comeon, tako!!" 

Tako sighed in the apartment. It wasn't a great day for her, and the only idiot capable of ringing her to the depths of hell IS ringing her to the depths of her hell-like day.

She opened the door once again.  "Go away, Ruki. I'm tired of this!!"

She was about to slam the door again when Ruki squeezed his way into the apartment. 

"Is something wrong?" He glanced at Tako earnestly, while closing the door behind him. He'd realized that Tako had a bad time that day, and she wasn't up for his tricks. He knew he had to stop. Her face showed it all, tired eyebags under her eyes, and she looked like she's going to explode any moment. It's normal since her grades aren't any better, and the exams were around the corner. 

"Nah.. It's nothing." Tears welled up in Tako's eyes. "It's just schoolwork... and some stuff."

"You can always come to me, you know? I'll always be here for you, whenever you need me." 

A tear slid down her cheek as she bit down her lips. "I told you it was nothing.." She sniffled as she tried to rub away the evidence.

Ruki was lost for words. It was the first time that Tako had cried in front of him. She just appeared to be someone who'd put on a brave front and suppress her emotions. It must be something serious for her to breakdown. He put an arm around Tako's neck and pulled her towards his chest as she choked on her tears.

"There, there." He whispered. "Cry all you'd like now, but don't forget to smile as you always do later."

"Thanks," Tako said in an almost inaudible whisper, and wrapped her arms around his back.

Ruki unvoluntarily stiffened. It was also the very first time that Tako returned a hug to him. He wanted to kiss her so badly, but he decided against it. It wasn't the situation where a kiss would come in.

He brushed his fingers across Tako's forehead, brushing away locks of hair. Unable to control himself, he leaned down and swiftly brushed his lips against hers, then firmly planting another kiss on her forehead. 

It was then Tako's turn to freeze.

Ruki cleared his throat and gave out a nervous chuckle.

Tako felt her body relax as she felt the vibrations of his chest as he chuckled. They turned awkwardly silent as the sound of their racing heartbeats filled the room.  

Turning away in embarassment, Ruki said, "So... will you make chocolates for me?"

Tako pulled away from Ruki's arms shot him a look of feigned annoyance, "What about no and never?"

"Aw come on, pretty please? With a cherry on top?"

"No and get out of my house now!" Tako was about to shove Ruki to the door when Kai's loud laughter filled the room.

"Damn, they're back!" She huffed as she wiped the tear stains off her face frantically.

Just then, the door opened and the surprised couple walked into Ruki trying to wipe off the remaining marks off Tako's face.

"Oh, you were here, Ruki?"

"Did we come in at a wrong timing?" Kai snickered as Yumi hid her face behind Kai's back and giggled.

"Yeah you did"

"No you didn't." Tako emphasized as she elbowed Ruki - hard.

"Ooof." Ruki let out a gasp of pain as he doubled over. "That hurts!"

"Be quiet." She hissed.

"Chocolates?" Ruki grinned as he whispered into Tako's ear.

"Come on, let's go, Ruki. We'll be in trouble if we're seen here at this hour." Kai started to drag him away before he could receive a satisfiable answer.

"I'll think about it." Tako answered softly. It just so nearly passed by Ruki's ears as the door clicked shut. 

"About what?" 

"Nothing." Grinning from ear to ear, he punched Kai's arm playfully. "Come back later next time."

A deep chuckle came out of the drummer's mouth. "Hm-m."

 
 
///Honestly, we think that this is the best chapter that we've written so far. (laughs) We'd appreciate comments on how you feel about this chapter so that we can improve on the story! ^_^