One fateful day, a month before Christmas.

Tako Cassette [COMPLETED]

 

All right! Since Christmas is almost here, I shall display my feminine charm and knit a sweater for Ruki! I hope he’ll be happy with this!

 “Eh? What is this? You’re going to knit a present for Ruki?” Yumi said as she picked up the wool on the floor.

 “Yep. Im going to knit a sweater. Since it’s handmade, maybe Ruki will be able to see the heart in it.”

 “Ah, soka. Are you sure that you want to knit a sweater? It’s difficult. Maybe you should knit a vest instead.

“Hmm, you’re right.”

 “But then again, a vest might still be difficult. You’re a beginner, right? Mittens would be easy. It’s small.”

 “Okay.” What, does she doubt my abilities? That girl! Hmpf.

 “Well, good luck, Kaomi! I’m going to go over to Kai’s house now! He said he’s going to teach me the drums! Byebye!”

 “Ehhh~ you sure you are just going to learn drums from him?” I waggled my eyebrows. “Don’t forget to update your dear benefactor-sama on your hanky panky business okay~”

 “There’s no such thing!” Yumi said as she hurriedly slammed the door shut behind her.

 Heh. Level of suspiciousness – 100%. Who wears a skirt just to drum? Baka. Now to concentrate on my mitten…..

 (Nighttime)

 “Tadaima~ Kaomi, the drums are simply amazing!! It’s like once Kai sits down, the drums came to live!! It was fun and-“

 “Wait wait. Wait a moment. Yumi, is that Kai’s shirt that you are wearing? As I expected, something happened riiiiiiiight?” I smacked Yumi playfully. “Now, please tell me the details…..”

 “Well, nothing happened! Kai’s all gentlemanly. When he saw me wearing a skirt, he was all red over his face and he took a pair of trousers and a shirt for me to change into! He’s so sweeeet <3”

 [I want to wear Kai’s shirt toooooooooooooooooooo.]

 

“I’m sure there’s more.” I leaned towards Yumi attentively. Come on, she should give me credit for my 100% attention on her!

 “Nothi- ohmygod, Kaomi. Is that the mitten you are trying to knit? It doesn’t look like one at all. On a second thought, a scarf would definitely be easier. It’s the easiest of all. You just have to knit in one straight line.”

 “Don’t change the topi-“

 “Ah~ I’m so tired. I’m going to sleep now! Nighty nights, kaomi!”

“You !” I pouted. Damn. I should have knitted a scarf at the beginning. Mum, why didn’t you force me to take knitting class since young?? I gritted my teeth and started to knit a scarf. Ruki, you’d better appreciate this or else!

 (8hrs later on a beautiful November morning….)

 Hmm… I’ve been knitting this scarf for quite a long time… Maybe I should stop here? But I heard that people knit scarves for days.. What if mine is too short to wrap Ruki? Maybe I should knit for a while more before I sleep lest I lose my momentum..

 (2hrs later..)

 “Heyyya Tako! Yumi called to say that you were knitting a scarf for Ruki all night. That’s nice~” Kai said as he bounded into the room.

 “Yo.” Reita waved his hand. “I came to see what kind of octopus-y scarf that you’d make.” He sniggered.

 I snorted. “Where’s Aoi and Uruha?”

 “Uh.. they must be exhausted after their vigorous nighttime exercise so we kind of decided to leave them behind to recuperate..”

 “Oh” I cleared my throat. Boys love. That other day……..

 “So… where’s the scarf?” Reita asked.

 “I’m knitting it.” Eh… can’t they see this beautiful scarf on my lap?

 “Tako-chan…. Do you mean that ball of wool on your lap?” 

 What the. I spent my whole night without sleeping a wink to knit this scarf! How dare you say that it’s a ball of wool?! “It’s not a damned ball of wool! Look!” I said as I stood up to unroll my masterpiece.

 “Uh……………”

 .

 “Erm………….”

 Oh my god. Please please please let me reach the end of the scarf soon.

 “Wow.” Reita finally commented. “That’s a wonderfully long scarf.”

“I think Ruki will like it a lot. At least there’s lots of thought put into the scarf.”

 “Don’t worry Kaomi! It’s very nice despite its elongated shape.”

 Sigh. I sat down in defeat. “What’s with all the constipated face you are giving me? If it’s lousy, just say so.”

 Yumi’s eyes welled up in ‘tears’. “Kaomi dear, we wouldn’t dare to hurt your feelin-“

 “HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.” Reita roared in laughter. “THIS CAN EVEN WRAP HIS WHOLE BODY UP!” 

“THAT’S IT!” I yelled. Curse youuuuuuuuuuu. I picked up the scarf and threw it at Reita. “YOU CAN GO WRAP YOUR NOSE WITH THIS! Yumi, let’s go shopping this instant! I’ve decided to give him a Harugin ring!”

 “Eh~ It’s very expensive, you know?” Kai said between peals of laughter.

 Arg. “It can’t be THAT expensive, right?”

 

(In Harugin shop)

............................................. Forget it.