Concert Day [ONE SHOT]

Tako Cassette [COMPLETED]

“I’m really nervous, Reita. What if I messed up with my beats? Yumi is watching us perform, oh gosh oh gosh. But at the same time it would be nice to show her the kakkoi side of me...maybe I should show off my arm muscles more...” Kai nervously rambled, while prancing around the room back and forth. 

“It’s gonna be FINE, Kai. Stop bugging me,” Irritated, Reita continued practicing on his bass guitar. “Stop drinking, Uruha. You drink too much. I don’t want a slurrry live solo if you get drunk,”

Putting down his paper cup, Uruha went to practice on his guitar. Everyone was tensed, getting hyped up for the live.

“KORAA TOKYO! ARE YOU READY?!?!” Ruki pumped his first up, getting the audience hyped up. “Cast off your problems in this live! Let’s enjoy this together!!”

The audience cheered, raising their hands up. 

“Dewa, RED.”

Uruha and Aoi started strumming the guitar, and Ruki started singing, 

 

“anata wo fukaku shiru hodo ni

anata ga wakara naku naru

 

「Akai ito」 nado mie nai kuse ni

shinjiteta no wa modore nai kara

 

dakishimete uso wo te ita noni

oboreru kokoro kakuse nai

kuchibiru ni shizumu anata no netsu ni

mitasare te yuku modore nai imasara”

 

Everyone hopped along to the beat, whilst Kai gave a sweet smirk to the crowd. Squeals can be heard from the fangirls, and some bobbed their heads to the beat. Ruki scanned the crowd and found Tako in midst of the screaming fangirls. Her expression was one of a kind, mesmerized by Ruki’s deep, velvet, melodic voice. 

 

“furidashi ta ame no naka de

kasa mo sasezu ni furue teru

kodoku wo shiru no ga kowai kara

anata motome te ta

 

「Akai ito」 nado mie nai kuse ni

motome au no wa modore nai kara

 

dakishimete uso wo te ita noni

oboreru kokoro kakuse nai

kuchibiru ni shizumu anata no netsu ni

mitasare te yuku modore nai imasara”

 

Guitar riffs filled the entire live house. Walls are trembling to the beat coming out from the speakers, floor vibrating, and the whole live house screamed as the melody of RED filled the area. 

Uruha’s guitar solo echoed through the entire live house. Everyone watched with excitement and awe as Uruha did his solo, while Aoi strummed according to the rhythm. Everyone was harmonized together. They are one. 

 

“tameiki majiri no kotoba ni unazuki kaesu

「 kake chigau koto de mata futari wa warai aeru sa」

I want to believe it…”

 

It’s as if only a minute passed by, and it’s time for last song. Everyone was almost exhausted, from the previous songs they performed. They wanted more. However, it’s time for the live to end. 

“I hope you guys enjoyed as much as we did. This live will be carved into our minds as long as we live. We will never forget this. Sago de, PLEDGE.”

The entire live house turned quiet, as the peaceful piano started playing. Everyone watched them attentively.

Ruki started singing, with the piano playing in the background.

 

“What I realized only after I hurt you was that

I was looking for the number of faults in you when we should have looked at each other”

 

Kai started drumming, Uruha, Aoi and Reita started strumming to the melody. Ruki sang with his emotions pouring out.

 

“Our days were buried in small lies

So that we can fight the doubts

Our hearts know the meaning of losing each other

This second winter is standing still,

 

It was then, when the chorus part came, the live house was filled with emotions that have never felt before. Tako stared at Ruki, feeling touched. She knew she was going to cry. She felt her eyes starting to get wet.

 

“You are lost because you cannot see tomorrow

Raising your voice you were crying

Without being able to find any words I just caught your tears…”

 

After the chorus, sweet melody from the acoustic guitars played by Aoi and Uruha can be heard, accompanied with the beats of the drums and bass guitar. Ruki sang in harmony, and everyone watched as they felt emotions of watching someone you love go.

 

“Wrapped in loneliness the days soaked both of us

We were repeatedly looking for understanding I can feel it deeply once again

 

It's no lie when I said that I felt eternity

I will certainly be by your side”

 

Electric guitar riffs can be heard once again. Strong, passionate beats of the bass and drums can be felt. The  beats of the drums and melody from the electric guitars signifies the song is approaching it’s peak. Strong, heartfelt emotions can be strongly felt by the audience.

 

“I don't need "I love you" anymore

If only you'd stay forever by my side

I want to be broken by you 

Who exhausted your voice by crying…”

 

Melody from the volin can be heard, with a tint of guitar riffs, and the bass guitar. Strong beats from the drums can be clearly heard. Tons of emotions are able to felt in Tako. Tears filling it up to the brim of her eyes. Soon, it ascends down her cheek, unable to stop. Ruki looked deep into Tako’s eyes while singing. It’s as if the audience wasn’t there. Like the the whole world only belonged to them. 

 

“All the words from the beginning to the end were said to you

So that you won't let go of these arms

The same dream that stood by our side washed us both away”

 

Uruha wowed the audience with his guitar solo skills, and it did not end there. The next phrase of the guitar solo consisting of Uruha and Aoi combining the melody from both of their guitars together, strongly over-powering the other instruments, leaving the last note echoing off. 

 

“The small lies change their shapes and dissolve into a white breath of air

So that we won't forget the meaning of losing each other

It doesn't matter how many times my heart is stabbed

 

I leave this "goodbye" right here and move forward

I won't lose you once again”

 

All the melodies and beats ceased, only the piano can be heard. Ruki’s deep, melodic voice filled the air with such strong emotions emitting out from his short frame. 

Lastly the song ends with the chorus, leaving everyone in awe, for we know this concert will be engraved deeply in everyone’s minds. 

 

“So that we can assure ourselves of our love we both had to see sorrow

Even if we both end up vanishing tomorrow

It's okay to not cry anymore

 

Someday we will change into two people that pass like the seasons

Even if there will be nights when you will be frozen from sadness

Don't forget

Nothing will ever end

In a deep dream…”

 

--------xx------

 

Chapter notes:

 

Respective songs used in this chapter:

RED - The GazettE 

PLEDGE - The GazettE 

 

RED's lyrics stated in the chapter is in romanized form, whereas lyrics' of PLEDGE are in translated form.