Ryuuji

Tako Cassette [COMPLETED]

 

Chapter 28

 

Tako’s POV

 

Ever since I saw her, my mood is ruined completely. That ! I must be the unluckiest person alive. You must be wondering why I hate her. Now let’s get the story started, shall we? I sent a evil glare over to Miki. 

 

Flashback -  Tako’s POV

It was one fine, peaceful day in my previous school as I walked down the hallways as I approached my locker. There stood my best friend, Ryuuji, waving enthusiastically at me as he saw me. 

 

“Good morning Kaomi! How was your sleep yesterday? Did you sleep good?” Ryuu grinned, hugging his small stack of books to his chest. 

 

“It was great, Ryuu! Best.Sleep.Ever. I dreamt I was bouncing on top of marshmallows, and it was raining with chocolate syrup…” I fantasized dreamily as I fiddled around with my locker.

 

Ryuu was the nicest guy in school. He is well-liked by our peers, especially the girls. Not to mention he’s so adorably cute and handsome, just like ‘the boy next door’  image. I would date him too, if we were not childhood friends. I treat him as my dear brother. Dating him would be...weird. Our parents are best friends with each other, and Ryuu’s family often come over to my house for dinner. I love them.

 

...Right. There goes Miki, walking down the hallway like a fashion show with her, ty, catwalk pose with her bunch of followers. Her chin was stuck up in the air, pushing her chest outwards as she shake her left to right while walking down the hallway. What’s left is the red carpet, I thought. She’s the principal’s daughter. She basically controls the school, guys worship her like a goddess and the girls admired her. But to me she’s just a stuck up . Didn’t like her in the first look anyway.

 

She has always been attracted to Ryuu, ever since she met him in the cafeteria, helping me to get both of our lunch as I looked around the cafeteria for empty seats for us. It’s because of Ryuu’s cute, boyish appearance and his ‘brotherly, gentleman’ charms, I guess. 

 

Just on time, it was lunch. I rushed out of the classroom towards my locker, finding Ryuu there as always, waiting for me to have lunch together. That’s what I loved about him. He always cared for me, as if he’s my older brother. 

 

We quickly walked to the cafeteria, as we’ve done this everyday, he automatically walk towards the queue and I browsed around for empty seats. Unfortunately, the only empty seats was the table beside the drama queen (as known as Miki), and I had no choice but to rush towards it. I texted to Ryuu my location, and waited for him to arrive. I overheard Miki gossiping and proceeded to eavesdrop…

 

“Oh gosh, Tana, did you see that guy over there? The one wearing a red checkered shirt with a ‘v’ cut shirt underneath. He’s so cute! Do you think he’s attached? Oh never mind, not that it matters anyway, every guy will fall to their knees just to date with me. Ohohoho-” Miki airily chatted to one of her followers, covering with the back of her hand as she creepily laughed with that irritating voice of hers.

 

That sounds like Ryuu, oh gosh is she targeting Ryuu?! Nooo! I must protect Ryuu with all my strength. He’s my only friend and my brother! Don’t worry, Ryuu. For I am your knight---knightess? in armor!!

 

“And did you notice that….tentacles-y girl who always stuck to him like a leech? Do you think she’s his girlfriend? She looks horrible. It’s ok, I’m sure he will flick her off with a wave of a finger as I charm him.” Miki continued, and began to inspect her perfectly manicured nails. 

 

That...! How dare she insult me like that! For your information, it’s my wavy and flowly hair that attracts guys, ok? They can’t take their eyes off my hair! I eyed her. I must guard Ryuu with all my heart.

 

“I’m back! Sorry, the queue was long. Luckily I took the last two meat patty burger left!” Ryuu grinned as he place the tray down on the table, and placed my share in front of me. 

 

“Thanks Ryuu! Uh…what do you think of Miki?” I curiously enquired as I took a big bite of my burger, glancing at Ryuu for his reaction.

 

“Hmm…she’s...ok, I guess.” Ryuu replied, pushing the topic off as he did the same to his burger. “So how’s class?”

 

“It was boring as heck. I wish the vacations are here already…” I complained, the ketchup that is threatening to fall from my burger.

 

As if on cue, I heard Miki’s footsteps approaching us, shoving me away from my seat and taking my place. What the f--- 

 

“Hi sweetie, dear,” She purred as she batted her eyelashes at Ryuu, not forgetting to add a wink.

 

“Uh...hi?” Ryuu questioned, and proceeded back to eat his burger as if nothing has happened. 

 

Furious at his reaction, Miki went closer to Ryuu, and whispered into his ear, “Meet me outside the cafeteria after you’re done with your food, dearie.” 

 

I gasped. Is she going to do what I think she’s going to do? No!! 

 

“Ryuu, are you going to meet her? She seems….weird.” 

 

“I think so, it’s not gonna hurt, right? I think she’s weird too. She has been staring at me ever since I accidentally bumped into her while getting our food last week. Oh dear, is she going to get her revenge?” Ryuu exclaimed, feeling nervous. “I guess it’s better to get this done and over with!” 

 

Ryuu took the leftover chunk of the burger into his mouth, and proceeded to return his utensils. “See you after school at your locker, Kaomi! Jaa!” 

 

“Nooooo!! Ryuu you can’t go!!!!” I shouted after his retreating back, and sighed. 

 

***

 

Here I am hiding behind the row of lockers to eavesdrop on Ryuu and Miki. Hey! You can’t blame me right? I’m worried for Ryuu, incase that seductress hurt Ryuu!

 

“Ryuuuuuu,” She purred, placing her hands on Ryuu’s shoulder, gently tracing down as she looked at him into the eye. “I”m attracted..to youuuu. Wanna date with me?” Miki winked at Ryuu, pulling him closer to her in progress. Is it just me or she sounds like she’s talking in parseltongue… Oh dear, too much Harry Potter.

 

Oh no. Ohh no no no no no no no no. Ryuu, say no! I don’t want to have her as my sister in law! I peeked as I saw Ryuu standing rigidly as a stone, staring back at Miki with the most expressionless face that I never saw him doing before.

 

“No thanks.” He monotonously replied, taking a step back, away from Miki.

 

“Why?! Do you like someone else?!” Miki roared, her eyes turning into slits. 

 

“Yes, I do, Miki. In fact I have secretly loved her for years,” Ryuu answered honestly. Wow, that’s something new. I didn’t know anything about this. I must ask him about this later.

 

“Is the girl the one whom always stayed beside you like a leech? Is that her? That OCTOPUS?” Miki’s volume began to increase as she spoke, unable to believe Ryuu had just rejected her. It hurt her pride.

 

“Yes, and she’s not a octopus. Her name is Kaomi. So back off now and leave me alone.” Ryuu said it coldly, turning away, walking towards his class.

 

I can’t believe it. Kaomi, you’re so dense, I thought to myself as I left my peeking spot, gathered my stuff and walked in the other direction.

***

 

The next day was a living hell for me. Ever since Ryuu confessed to Miki that he likes me, Miki and her followers have been giving me bad glares every time they walk pass me, doing silly little taunts and tricks to annoy me whenever they have the chance.

 

And it gradually grew worst. I was in the toilet, doing my business and the next thing I knew, I was drenched. I came out of the cubicle, attempting to catch the culprit. But there’s no one in sight. I sighed, trying to wring out the water in my clothes. I hugged my poor, drenched frame as I went out of the bathroom with anger, attracting stares of people around me as I dragged my feet towards my locker to have a change of clothes.

 

“Oh dear! Are you alright, Kaomi? What happened?”  Ryuu exclaimed as he fiddled around me, worried. “Did someone did this to you? Oh look at you, shivering so badly! Come here, let me give you a hug~” 

 

Ryuu wrapped his arms around me, giving me warmth. It felt comfortable. I lean my head against his chest, enjoying the moment until he interrupt the moment by opening his locker next to mine, and pushed his clean gym clothes towards me.

 

“Change to this, you’ll get a cold like that.” 

 

“...Thanks.”

 

“Did Miki did this to you?” He silently questioned, his eyes boring into my eyes.

 

“…” He took that as a consent. 

 

“Be right back,” He started running towards the other direction, with a irritated look on his face.

 

Miki’s POV

 

I can’t believe this! How dare that octopus ordered Ryuu to scold me! She’s going to get this. Once I kick her out of this school, Ryuu is going to be all mine. MINE!

 

I dropped a few eyedrops into my eye, giving me the impression that I have been crying. I walked into my father’s office, and pretended to sob.

 

“Oh honey, what happened?” My father endearingly patted my head, pulling me into a hug.

 

“Someone… bwul..lied me… Her name’s Kaomi!!” As soon I said Kaomi’s name, I ‘sobbed’ even harder, not forgetting to sneak a few drops onto my father’s shirt.

 

“That delinquent! It’s ok, dear. I’ll give her a suspension. She’ll learn her lesson!” My father exclaimed, walking towards his desk and reaching out for the phone to dial his secretary.

 

“No, daddy, suspension is not enough! Bullying in school compounds is absolutely a drastic offence. She must be expelled, daddy!” I whined and sobbed, stamping my foot.

 

I heard my father sighed, and muttered, “anything for my dear princess, anything.”

 

***

 

“Are you really going to go…?” Ryuu softly whispered with so much sadness, that it brought me to tears. 

 

“Yes, I have to go to Tokyo to complete my high school studies there. No school is going to accept me here ever since Miki’s incident, with her father’s influence…” I muttered on and on. “You can still visit me, you know!” I jokingly smacked his back.

 

“I definitely will, Kaomi. And I won’t forget helping you take revenge on that queen bee!” Ryuu chuckled.

 

“Don’t forget to hide some needles into her food for me, ok!” I reminded him. I heard my parents ushering me to get into the vehicle. 

 

“I guess it’s goodbye…Ryuu, remember to come and visit me ok! Promise you will!” I sobbed, hugging him tightly.

 

“Of course I will! By then, please wait for me.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

I sighed, with a hint of sadness as I recalled back the old times, suddenly feeling guilty as I thought about Ryuu. It’ve forgotten to call him back ever since I first arrived to Tokyo. I went back to send daggers into the back of Miki’s head, while making a mental note to call Ryuu tonight.