Awwww, Ruki

Tako Cassette [COMPLETED]

Chapter 27

 

Tako’s POV

 

I was shocked and surprised by his actions. I didn’t expect him to chase after me. I felt…touched.

 

I watched Ruki take a deep breath, and looked me right into my eyes. My breathing stopped for a moment, mesmerized.

 

“I wanted to say I’m sorry, for being a jerk to you. I know that in your eyes, you may see me as an unappreciative jerk and a player. I admit, when I first met you, I was pissed at you. I found you annoying, especially you ruining the limited edition jacket that I just purchased the day before. Not to mention you gave me a sock in the eye,” He chuckled, and I found myself chuckling along with him softly. 

 

“I never expect that would not be the end of it. I was horrified, after seeing you in the same class and having the seat just right beside me. I knew I had to get my revenge on you one day, ruining my jacket like that. Remember the announcement I made while I found out that Reita pushed you into the pool? And how I ditched you from the ramen restaurant? Our little childish fights?” Ruki held my hands, and for the very first time, I saw his genuine smile, reminiscing our very first time we met. He took another breath.

 

“At first, I felt that our fights were annoying. But as time passes…I found myself enjoying it. In fact, I was anticipating what your next move is. You intrigued me, and I began to notice and actually look at you, properly each time we had a fight. I love how we always quarrel, and how I would always love to tease you just to see you fuming at me. Do you know why I always love to tease you?” Ruki glanced down at our intertwined hands, with his thumb gently brushing my knuckles. 

 

“Why?” I whispered. It’s all happening too fast.

 

“I wanted your attention. To be on me, and only me. I like you, Tako. Can’t you see it?” He softly whispered, facing me, and I found myself staring back at him. 

 

It was addictive. Him. His face shown sincerity, his eyes having a tint of embarrassment from expressing his true feelings. His lips, curved upwards with a soft smile. Without thinking, I closed our distance, meeting his lips, and I felt his lips curving upwards more as he returned the favor. 

 

 

***

 

 

“Oh my god, Kaomi!!! So does this means that you two are together now?!” Yumi’s face was brimmed with happiness, jumping up and down, occasionally giving “kyaa!!!” while I told her what happened.

 

“I…don’t know. He didn’t ask me,” I was busy thinking about the kiss, and my face began to flush.

 

“Ohhhhh someone is thinking naughty~ bad you~” Yumi teased, watching my expression and waving her index finger at me playfully.

 

“Oh shut up!” I laughed, burying my face into the pillow. When did I become such a fangirl?

 

***

 

“Class, I’m sure you guys have known from my notice last week, that today we’ll have a student from Aruka High School for a week. She will be here to experience our school, please treat her nicely and show her around, ne? Miki, please come in!” Sensei called, and a very familiar female walked in, and stopped beside sensei. A. very. familar. figure.

 

My eyes narrowed as I stared at her, shooting invisible darts with my eyes as I gripped my pencil tightly. 

 

“Hi mina! My name is Miki Yamamoto and I’ll be here for a week! Please guide me along!” Miki gave her best and cutest smile she could muster (oh please), and battled her eyelashes at Ruki. 

“That ! I will never forget what you did to me!” I cursed as my pencil snapped into half, attracting the stares of the people around me, including Ruki and the others, with them giving me a curious and baffled look. Their faces turned as they glanced down at my pencil which is now in pieces.

 

 

Ruki’s POV

 

Eh? Why is Tako looking so angry? I glanced at her. But an angry Tako? Hmmm, I like it. I smiled, knowing something will happen.