The Angels and the Star

In Between Malfoy and Kai Severus Potter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris was walking alone to the Hospital Wing and none of his friends willing to accompany him visiting Sehun despite the news that Mrs. Malfoy wanted to see him. He wondered—why is it, have to be so sudden? He’d never talked to Astoria and never in his life wanted to see her ever since he got a glare from the middle-aged woman on the registration day of new students but today was an exception, for God’s sake his legs were shaking and he felt slightly trembling when he stopped at the doorway of the Hospital Wing. He found out that there were Sehun and his mother, chatting together and he noticed that the blonde’s eyes were glistening while talking to her, he seemed happier than the usual him despite looked paler and weak.

 

In the name of his mother, he swore he could be killed by Astoria if he let out a stupid statement about Sehun, and if he fated to be scolded by the blonde’s mother right there, he’d rather choose to die than facing the fierce face of the middle-aged woman. Never in the universe had he felt this scared but today, when he had to meet his crush’s mother, he felt as if he was going to face Lord Voldermort.

 

Crush.

 

He was having a crush on Sehun since the first year, ever since he laid his eyes on him, he couldn’t get rid of Malfoy’s image, at anytime, anywhere, his mind was full of Sehun Hyperion Malfoy and like right now, with the fact that he was being friends to the porcelain skinned boy, the feelings of loving the boy couldn’t stop developing and how he wished he could confess but not in front of Astoria, it would be the death of him, for sure.

 

Sometimes he wondered—was it still counted as crush when the times had reached the limit of over four months or could it be counted as one-sided love? His heart cracked at the mention of one-sided love, oh, it was hurting him now.

 

His train of thoughts got distracted when he realized that Astoria’s eyes were finally on him, eyeing him with a smirk plastered on her pale face and he gulped down the lump in his throat, ready to be killed by the monster named Mrs. Malfoy. The stare that the middle-aged woman was giving him, made him shudder and the cold sweat beginning to drip from the top of his head down to his neck.

 

Sehun, too, was giving him a stare that was unreadable and he found it was ing hard to read them. From what he knows, he didn’t do wrong nor did he trouble the blonde boy but why she wanted to see him? Was it because of the sickness that the younger was facing? Oh, this was something he hated to face. Astoria was still glaring at him. What have you done, Kris? She’s killing you with her stare! His subconscious started to make his blood drained thus making him pale.

 

“Kris Mclaggen?” Astoria raised her brows, eyeing him up and down when he finally stood at the end of Sehun’s bed, causing him to shiver.

 

He wanted to say yes and some sort of things like why he’d been called to be there etcetera but nothing came out from his mouth, so he just nodded and gave them a small smile.

 

“Thanks for everything.” The middle-aged woman blurted it out and this time, with the sweetest smile he had ever seen in his entire life and much to his surprise it was from Astoria Malfoy. He just couldn’t believe that Mrs. Malfoy was the one who said those words to him.

 

“Y-you’re welcome?” He hesitated and frowned slightly while giving the other a questioning look earning a light chuckle from Sehun and his mother.

 

“I’m not gonna eat you, Kris. Please, have a seat. There’s something I want you to know.” She smiled—again while gesturing Kris to seat on the chair next to her.

 

Sehun said nothing and lay back on the bed because he felt exhausted and sleepy though he kind of wanted to eavesdropping the conversation but it seemed like his eyes were getting heavier and the next thing he knew, he was already in the dreamland.

 

“I’m glad you’re being a good friend to him. He’s alone, you know. I always pray for his happiness,” Astoria paused and eyed her son with the sadness filled her brown orbs. Kris noticed that but he decided to just hang his head low, while waiting for the middle-aged woman to continue.

 

“Just so you know he’s not that bad. He needs love and attention but I can’t give him any more attention—,”

 

“Why?” Kris interrupted. He didn’t know why he suddenly felt like he was brave enough to cut her words.

 

“People would always mistake him as a spoiled brat, he’s not. Draco won’t let me spoil him. For all this time, I can only hug him when he cry—he’d counted on me since he’s a kid, well I’m his mother but I’m his only friend. Like I’ve told you, he’s all by himself. No one could ever try to be near him but you.” Astoria gave him a smile, a genuine smile which made him return it without hesitation and felt relieved as he knew that the middle-aged woman wasn’t going to eat him alive.

 

“You can count on me.” He smiled and that’s when he saw a tear dropped down her cheek. He could see her eyes sparkled with a new light of hope though there was still sadness aside of it, probably because everything that had been through by the blonde.

 

“Thank you.”

 

On the other hand, Kai was lying on the bed thinking about how Sehun had been in the hospital when he heard footsteps were coming towards him and that’s when Luhan jumped onto his bed next to him with a wide grin plastered on his face making him frowned.

 

“Uh—what’s with that creepy face?” He scrunched up his face but the other still grinning.

 

“Guess what?” Luhan wiggled his brows earning a raise of brow from the tanned.

 

“What?”

 

The pretty boy rolled his eyes in annoyance then lay on the bed next to Kai, “Seriously? You’re no fun, Kai. Mom’s coming this weekend! And I can’t wait to go to Hogsmeade, shoot the bull with mom etcetera, I missed her so bad! You wanna join?”

 

“Sure!” Kai beamed but then added, “And I want you to help me to find some candies for Sehun.” He shrugged.

 

“Okay.” The pretty boy agreed but widened his eyes as he realized something wasn’t right with Kai’s words, “For Sehun?! Are you out of your mind?”

 

“Why not? I didn’t find it’s wrong to buy him some gifts, he’s sick by the way.” He shrugged again and Luhan shot him with a glare.

 

“He’s not sick but sick.” Luhan retorted.

 

“Oh, please Lu, don’t—,”

 

Before he could finish saying that Luhan should stop hating on Sehun, Luhan cut him out, “I’m not hating on him but I don’t like him a bit and you should stop being so ridiculous towards him. Enough with you helping him out, there’s no need to visit him. He hates you, remember that. I’m not trying to stop you from doing so but just to remind you in case you forgot that he’s actually your enemy.”

 

With that, Luhan stormed out of the room furiously heading to nowhere. He wasn’t trying to stop the tanned from being so kind toward Sehun but he didn’t like it at all seeing his best friend being nice to the one he hated at most. Telling Potter’s he didn’t hate the blonde was just a lie because he could never ever like the stupid bratty boy though the boy changed three sixty degree—he wouldn’t like him until forever. The jealousy was there but he denied that what he was feeling right now was a jealousy. He just didn’t like it, that’s all.

 

“Fine,”

 

Kai breathed once Luhan disappeared from his sight. He felt guilty of boiling his best friend’s blood and he should’ve known that Weasley had never liked Sehun Hyperion Malfoy but still, was it wrong to visit the blonde? He still wanted to see Sehun but how? He needed a strong excuse to do that. Sure, it wasn’t wrong in his opinion, but breaking his best friend’s heart would never be his wished in the first place because he loved him more than everything.

 

“I wish that I could tell you my feeling but, ugh! You’re just twelve ing old, Kai!” He groaned in frustration while burying his face in his pillow.

 

Confession was something hard to be spilled, if it was something like telling someone with ‘I hate you’, he would surely confess to Luhan without hesitation but it was hard owing to the fact that he was just twelve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter