I sacrifice my joy just to see you smile

In Between Malfoy and Kai Severus Potter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

p/s: Another chapter's up! Comments are loved, do leave a lot of it in the comment box! I'll be putting up another 3 Chapters the next Sunday & Monday! Enjoy the updates, bunnies <3 

WARNING: Un-beta / no recheck (English isn't my first language) 

 

“How are you?”

That was not the first question he had been receiving today as the student seemed to be good to him. He realized that some of the students were beginning to greet him with hi and hellos whenever he walked passed the crowds at the hall way and corridors. Even Baekhyun Delacour had waived at him early this morning when he was on his way to the library to find Kris. It was weird but Sehun could tell that it was kind of a fresh start for him and he was more than glad to see them smiling at him as he reached the library.

 

Sehun was now standing in front of Kai, eyes on his feet, hands in his pants pockets with his back leaning against the wall. He did not want to make any eye contact with Kai because he was afraid that he might get mad or lose to himself if front of the other. He had promised to his father not to cry again and he did not want to look weak and fragile anymore. Sehun felt the need to be strong for his late mother and Draco.

 

“I’m fine, thank you.” Sehun muttered, whilst lightly sighing with his legs kicking imaginary ball. He needed not to say anything as he was feeling disappointed with Kai. He had hoped that Kai Severus Potter could at least come to see him the other day after Astoria’s funeral but to no avail. Kai was walking away from him.

 

Sehun knew Kai was there but he wondered why the other did not say anything to him.

“Look, Sehun. I’m sorry for not being there when you need—,”

 

“It’s okay,” Sehun cut the brunette and brought his eyes to look at the other with a straight face. “It’s not that you’re going to be there for me anyway.” He emphasized and Kai slightly flinched to the words.

 

Kai took a deep breath, seeing Sehun like this was not a good sign. He needed to clear things out so he could be there for him again. “I’m sorry. I know I’ve been a coward. I know things were getting harder for you, Sehun and please accept my apology. I know you’re not okay with me being a total sissy but please.” Kai slightly pouted to see Sehun reacted to him with rolling his eyes. And next thing was unpredictable when a slap landed on his right cheek.

 

“What was that for?” Kai gasped, quickly placing his palm to cheek. It was burning in pain and Sehun’s slap on his skin stung so badly. But Sehun only giggled to his response. What’s with the slap then? He inwardly wondered and frowned to Sehun who was still grinning like a retarded seal in front of him.

 

Kai stared at the blonde boy in disbelief but was then mesmerized by the image of Sehun’s eye smile, those lips which curving up in delight, the cheeks which was painted in red hue as the younger widen his grin—ear to ear, Kai almost forgot that the younger just slapped him a while ago.

 

“That’s kind of a reward for you, for being sissy.” Sehun wiped off his grin and shot Kai with a glare. That was so fast, Kai thought. Sehun Hyperion Malfoy was unbelievable sometimes. He could cry his heart out but in a blink of an eye, he could laugh his off without reason. But Kai loved this new Sehun.

 

“Can I hug you?” Kai blurted out. He had been wanting to do it ever since he laid he eyes on Sehun today and the other was a bit taken aback by that but moved closer to the brunette in anyways.

 

Kai lifted his hand to touch Sehun’s cheeks, the soft skin he had longed to touch, the warmth Sehun sent down his heart was sending shivers throughout his body and the way Sehun hesitated had made his lips stretch—smiling softly at the younger. Sehun looked almost ethereal, eyes were glistening with joy. The look in the blonde boy’s eyes was captivating he almost lost his breath. “I missed you.”

 

Sehun stomach churned at the words. Butterflies were suddenly dancing in his belly, and the closer Kai got to him the more nervous he got but all the feelings dispersed into the air within second when he heard someone calling a few meters away from them.

 

“Sehun?” It was Kyungsoo, wearing a long jacket with Ravenclaw muffler around his neck, slowly walking towards the two with a smile plastered on his lips. He was just coming back from home. Leaving the castle for a few days to visit his aunt because his parents told him that his mother’s sister was falling ill and they needed him to visit the middle-aged woman. During that time, he received a lot of breaking news, and one of them was Astoria’s death.

 

Kyungsoo had been dying to check on Sehun either his best friend was okay. Even Kyungsoo himself was feeling so downhearted knowing that Sehun had lost someone he loved, someone he appreciated the most and then here he was, to see Sehun with soothing smile on his lips.

 

“Soo.” Sehun forgot that he was with Kai when he saw his petite best friend walking to him and he wasted no time to jog towards the doe-eyed boy and without hesitation pulled Kyungsoo Finch-Fletchley into a tight embrace. “Where have you been all this while, hum?”

 

“Visiting my aunt and I’m sorry I wasn’t there—deepest condolences to you and your family, Hunnie.” Kyungs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter