A surprise gift

In Between Malfoy and Kai Severus Potter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A party? That sounded so unlikely of him. To know that he had to wear mask and a beautiful suit just made him cringe so much. Sehun was not the one who loved to attend this kind of party because there'd be a waltz, and he hated it. He never knew how to waltz and tonight, he'd probably stick in the corner drinking whatever juice they would serve at the party and just watch whatever things would happen there. Sehun did not even expect for anyone to come near him and ask for a dance for he might as well run to Slytherin dungeon and lock himself in there to never come out again for anything related to the masquerade party.

To say he would not be going there was a lie because Draco had prepared him a gold masquerade mask and a white suit for him to wear since he was being excited to know his son would go to a grand ceremony for good as well as finding a boyfriend. Oh well, Draco wanted so much for his only son to have a boyfriend, not that he wanted to quickly have grandchildren but he just wanted to see Sehun happy with someone he dearly loved.

"But father..."

"There is no but. You should be there and enjoy the night. And..." Draco paused, moving to stand behind Sehun who was looking at himself in the length view mirror. He could see his son was actually annoyed by his bored expression but he knew it was for the better. "And there'll be Kai, too, ya know."

"And what do you want me to do with him?" Sehun then turned around and shot his father a skeptical look. "Put him under spell?"

"Put him under spell of your love, maybe..." Draco added nonchalantly that had Sehun to drop his jaw then looked at his father in disbelief. "Come on, son. Chill out a bit, would you?"

"Now that sounds so not you. Or are you..." Sehun squinted his eyes at the elder which Draco rolled his eyes in exasperation knowing what exactly Sehun was about to say. "...planning something absurd to happen there?"

"That hurts, okay." Draco groaned and turned away from Sehun only to take steps towards the bed then threw himself onto it in a frustration. Now he acted more like kids that caused Sehun to feel uneasy with his father's weird behavior. Sehun Hyperion Malfoy then shuffled over, choosing to just sit next to the mid-forthy man with a huff. "It actually reminds me of your mother. She loved waltz and I just want you to be happy there, to enjoy your teenage days like any other kids do. Well, it's like a prom night, too. Who knows you'd find a man who'd love you until the end. Sounds good, isn't it?"

"Okay, okay. But what has gotten into you, seriously? Or is this just another side of you I need to face before I truly get married and you'd then trash over me to make a baby. God," Sehun said in a matter of fact and he heard his father laughing which he broke into a wide grin as he finally understood Draco's point of view. Now he just could not oppose to his father's idea about him going to the party. "Will there be a surprise gift if I say yes?"

"More than just a surprise gift."

 

♦♦♦

 

And Sehun chose to just do whatever his father had requested then walked to the Great Hall with Kyungsoo clinging onto him, wearning a black suit, black masquerade mask in hand and he had to admit that Kyungsoo looked so good tonight he could not really take his eyes away from the petite boy. "Dressing to impress?"

Sehun heard him saying whilst letting out a chuckle. "Do I look like I have anyone to impress?"

"What about Kai  Severus Potter?" Kyungsoo turned to him and winked which Sehun shrugged whilst making a face. "You're not planning to date him?"

"Date him?" Sehun halted his step as he looked at the other in confusion and Kyungsoo did the same a moment after but only to throw the other a mischievous smile to which he had to refrain himself from punching Kyungsoo Finch-Fletchley right in the face. "Why did you... God, why did everybody worship our relationship so much? It's nowhere near dating and I don't know."

"He's been waiting." Kyungsoo remarked but Sehun groaned and continued to walk causing the petite boy to chuckle over his behavior.

It was true that Kai had been waiting for him and vice versa but he never asked for the other to ever wait for him because he knew there was something unsettled between them before and Sehun just did not want to give himself a false hope lest he'd be the one hurting so much. The fears had yet to be completely gone and Sehun knew all too well what his heart was capable of to content.

To be honest, there were actually rumors going around the school about he and Kai Severus Potter after that night of the tanned boy sudden appearance in his room and things had spread pretty wildly around Hogwarts which Sehun chose to just ignore those tittle-tattles then continued to live his life as if nothing had ever happened between them both. And to be fankly stated, Sehun knew there should not be any rumors about him dating Kai since everything was still building in a very slow motion to which nothing should come in between to interrupt.

"And it's not my fault he's waiting." Sehun countered that put Kyungsoo in silence. But the other boy seemed like he did not want to give up as he formed a grin and Sehun who was still keeping eyes on him frown in confusion. "What's with that?"

"And you were actually waiting for him to finally make up things to you." Well, that was the fact but Sehun must have a way to object about this. He did not want to be seen as someone who's hoping for Kai to crawl back to him.

"What? I'm not." He denied but Kyungsoo was still grinning.

"Nope, you did." Kyungsoo's confidence was killing him and Sehun wanted so much to sulk that he sent him a glare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter