The Unexpected Savior

In Between Malfoy and Kai Severus Potter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where’s your invisibility cloak?” Sehun asked sternly.

 

“What?” Kai frowned.

 

“I asked; where is it?”

 

“It belongs to my father, alright? It has nothing to do with me.” Kai rolled his eyes in annoyance and was ready to head back inside the library but Sehun stopped him by grabbing his arm.

 

“You’re the one who made it, am I right?” Sehun glowered—glaring at the tanned boy like a predator.

 

“What?” Kai scoffed, “Oh, c’mon. I have many other things to do than throwing the Bludger to you, plus, I’d be the one who make it if it’s gonna make you insane and amnesia, but no. It’s not me, so get the hell away from me and stop showing up with that creepy face of yours—I feel like throwing up.”

 

With that he pulled his arm away from the blonde’s tight grip and was about to stepped back in the library when Sehun quickly pushed him to the wall harshly—while choking him. He couldn’t breathe properly and tried harder to shove the blonde away but to no avail, Malfoy’s was stronger than him.

 

“Do not trying to playing dagger with me, Potter; I’m not scared of you and please keep this in mind. If I figure out that you’re the one who tried to hurt me, then you’ll be my guest!”

 

Sehun shoved away him harshly causing Potter’s to stumble down to the floor. He didn’t get it why the blonde boy earnestly accusing him about the earlier incident because never once he thought to hurt him not to mention hitting him with the Bludger because he wasn’t being a seeker for the revenge but to be like his father.

 

He groaned in anger yet letting Malfoy’s to walk away. He knew that the boy wouldn’t take back his words though he could prove him that he wasn’t the one who did it. He heaved a heavy sigh while sitting on the floor, back leaned against the wall—thinking of what should he do to make Sehun believe him but then suddenly the day went dark, the sun rays that seeped through the mesh on the wall at the corridor slowly faded away as if the darkness was coming and he could see the sky was cloudy. Was it going to rain? But it looked different, the dark that slowly coming was raising goosebump on his skin.

 

The wind that breezed was sending shivers down his spine and it made him bit his lip wondering what actually was happening. There was the whisper—making a soft blow in his ears yet he couldn’t even figure it out. Was it Voldermort? Deep inside him, he was feeling regret of mentioning about You-Know-Who in front of Kyungsoo. Quickly he got up and ran back inside the library only to see there was nobody inside causing him to panic. His mind couldn’t think properly in the process of looking for his friend. Where did everybody in the library go?

 

The whisperer was coming—tailing him when he started running, heading out the library and to nowhere, he could hear the whisperer was calling for his name over and over again. Was it really Voldermort? Yet he couldn’t see anyone around him causing him to run as fast as he could and he didn’t want to stop. The days getting darker and darker—his mind fogged up with fears yet didn’t stop running while heart pounding like a drum. He was feeling terrified and how he wished somebody was there when he reached the third floor of the Hogwarts castle, heading to the bathroom, wishing the he could hide himself in there but to no avail. He stopped his steps when he noticed something was coming toward his direction.

 

There, that something, they walked meters away from him but didn’t seem to have legs, were they flying?—approximately three meters, or ten feet high, and were covered in dark hooded cloaks of long, ripped black cloth, making them closely resemble wraiths. Its body was grey and decayed looking, like a decomposing corpse, and its breath sounds rattling, like it was trying to more than air out of a room. Its hands were glistening, grey-ish, slimy-looking, and scabbed. They seem to exude cold causing Kai to freeze on his spot.

 

He suddenly felt nothing in his mind, everything went blank when the dark creatures were coming closer and closer to him but snapped hastily as the words of his father echoed to his ear—Dementors are the creatures that bringing darkness, feed off human happiness. He hissed and flinched when the chilly air hitting his skin causing him to remember about the Patronus charm he had learned in the class, the most powerful defensive charms known to wizard-kind.

 

He slowly fished out his wand while stepping backward in a very slow motion because he was trembling and he needed to concentrate to conjure the charms—to successfully cast the spell, one must muster the happiest memory they could think of—the happier the memory, the better the charm will work—and began drawing circles with their wand so as to increase the power of their spell. They must then say the incantation, Expecto Patronum; the Patronus would come from the tip of the wand and could be directed towards a target by pointing one's wand at said target but how would it work when his mind couldn’t even think of the happiest memory?

 

“Help me!”

 

Came a muffle voice and it sounded far from him but he seemed to recognize the voice.

 

Sehun—,

 

He didn’t want to help him but could he be that cruel of leaving someone that asking for help and ran for his life? No,—gathering all his strength, he shook of the thoughts of Dementors getting closer to him that petrified him then hurriedly he ran towards the voice’s direction. He didn’t want to be his savior yet deep inside him was screaming instead, Sehun needed his help and so he made it. He made it or his enemy.

 

In the meantime Kai was running for Sehun, the blonde was fighting for his life. The feeling of regret for always forgetting to bring his wand together everywhere he goes; started to hit him hard when he saw the Dementors were coming towards him. He could do nothing but wait for the Dementors to out his happiness. He already lost his strength and right then and there, he wished for Kris to be there and saved him but no one was around—he surrendered with letting the tears fall out and he knew that this was the end of his life.

 

His body was getting numb as the number of Dementors increased, and he was now surrounded but the darkness and sharp icy cold with the Dementor tight grip on his neck making him choked on his breath and was about to close his eyes—letting the dark creature him hard—when he heard footsteps coming toward his direction. He didn’t want to think who that person was but he kept on praying that the certain someone was coming to save him, be his savior. Much to his surprised, it was his enemy that was coming into view but he just stared at the figure weakly without any reaction because the dark creature was beginning to his soul.

 

“Let him go!” Kai shouted as he finally stood a few meters away from Sehun that was standing hopelessly, feet barely touched the floor, slightly hanging as t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter