A smile that reached his eyes

In Between Malfoy and Kai Severus Potter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

p/s: I'm in a real good mood and tadaa! 3 chapters straight in 24hrs! Enjoy. Comments are loved, so do leave a lot of it in the comment box, it would encourage me to update more! 

WARNING: Un-beta

 

God wept a silent rain among the mournful souls that gathered that day. There was heavy dew this morning even before the clouds above them drizzled, freezing those who were coming to the funeral. Sehun was looking frail beside his father and Draco Malfoy silently brought his left arm up to Sehun’s waist, pulling the younger closer.

 

The grief hung in the air like a thick, wool blanket, draped all over them at the funeral. There were no smiles from the remembrance of her, a story which Sehun remembered best but hoping for it to be over at the moment. The memories of her were bringing back those bittersweet feelings to his heart. It cut deeper like a knife ed hard through his chest.

 

There would be no glimpse of sun rays as of today. The trees were lightly dancing in sync to the wind that was blowing cafard, drooping; as though they were showing their last respects to the lifeless soul lying in the cemetery. There were cries and wails but was muffled away by the deafening sound of sorrows playing in Sehun Hyperion Malfoy’s head.

 

Everything was grey and foggy like Sehun’s emotions, cold and damp with silent air. Sehun did not cry instead he kept his eyes closed to the scent of white roses throwing into the cemetery. He could feel the warmth radiating from his father’s hold on his waist and he drew himself closer just to bury his face in the other’s chest. The blonde boy surely did not want to make Draco feel bad thus he tried hard not to weep in front of the elder.

 

“Is everything going to be alright, father?” Sehun muffled in Draco’s chest. Though the question seemed to be unnecessary, the younger wanted a comfort from none other than his own flesh and blood.

 

“Everything is going to be alright. She loved you; and she just needs a good rest, son.” Draco assured, pulling Sehun into a tight embrace as he let a single tear trickled down his face. He wanted it to be unseen and his son should not see his tears falling because he had to be strong for the younger. He was certain that Sehun had been going through a lot of hardships alone in Hogwarts and it was his fault to never notice how much his son had grown up.

 

“Thank you. Thank you for being here.” That was it and Sehun broke in tears; trembling in Draco’s embrace with both of his hands tightly clutched at the front of his father’s black shirts. He wanted the middle-aged man to know that he was suffering and he had been hoping for the elder’s soothing touch years ago. He kind of feeling better when Draco gently his back soothingly as if to subside the pain in him.

 

On the other hand, a few meters away from the two, Kai was silently watching the scene of Sehun being wrapped tightly in Draco’s embrace. How he wished he could be there to give the other comforts. Some of the Hogwarts students from different houses were also crowding the place and Kai could not find a way to go nearer let alone when Sehun’s father was there.

“I’m sorry I can’t be there for you, Sehun.”

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

“Good morning.” Sehun woke up to the morning wish from his father. They were at the Slytherin common room because the blonde boy told Draco Malfoy that he could not find the need to go home since the presence of Astoria still lingered everywhere in the mansion. But Sehun did not expect this from his father with a smile which plastered on the elder’s face and he never knew that Draco’s smile could be this charming and lovely.

 

Sehun silently adored his father’s curve of lips but refrained himself from saying anything but stared expressionlessly at Draco as he made himself sat at the edge of his son’s bed.

“Get up now because I need to go. But I think I can walk you to the Great Hall for the breakfast, how do you think?”

 

Today was never the same to Sehun. The morning breeze that brushed his skin was enlivening, with the sun rays that shone above them, refreshing the plants in the small garden ahead of him and it was so refreshing to be able to stand under the morning sunlight again. Sehun was waiting for Draco at the small garden of the castle, while breathing in the fresh air and wandered his eyes around the place.

 

Sehun could not remember when was the last time he felt this light, as if someone had lifted the weight from his shoulders, giving him a space to breathe and delivered a magnitude of contentment to creep under his skin. The feeling was indescribable and without him noticing, he was u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter