A blinding sunlight

In Between Malfoy and Kai Severus Potter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's been a while..." Sehun said as he motioned Kai to sit next to him at the edge of the bed. He had no idea why the tanned boy suddenly appeared in his room at this hour. If it wasn't Kai who suddenly popped up in his room, he should've casted 'Alarte ascendare*' onto the other. "Why are you here? Aren't you sleepy?" 

"I..." Kai bit his lower lip whilst fumbling over words to spill. There was no actual reason as to why he was there, in Sehun's room. In fact, he did not even know why he had the urge to see Sehun at twelve in the midnight. He could already imagine the blond boy's reaction and he was not wrong when Sehun grabbed his wand to protect himself but thank God the younger did not do something or else he must have laid seven meters down the ground. "I just want to see you." 

Sehun arched his brows while eyeing Kai in skeptical for those should not be the words that came from Kai Severus Potter as they had not talked to each other since forever. Even seeing Kai there was almost unbelievable what more when the other said he just wanted to see him. Should that be the only reason? Or Kai wanted to actually ask for forgiveness? But that was like a pie in the sky, wasn't it? 

"You must be kidding." Sehun chuckled and shook his head in disbelief but lightly punched Kai's arm. To him, he did not want to believe, although he could not deny the excitement slowly grew inside him when he heard him saying that but he just did not want to give himself another false hope. 

"I'm not." Kai opposed and turned to look at Sehun straight in the eyes which the blond stiffened. His heart began to skip a beat and he hated how Kai could easily make him weak in the knees. "I came here to seek for your forgiveness, babe. I can't do this anymore. I know I've done wrong, I know it's my fault that we are so distanced from each other and I'm so sorry for accusing you... I'm sorry for hurting you." 

"It's okay." Sehun voiced—eyes were everywhere but Kai, almost whispering but it was loud enough for Kai to heave a heavy sigh. He knew it was not okay but Sehun just did not want to prolong. The guilt had never stopped from growing ever since the day he accused the blond for being the person who hurt Luhan Weasley. He should have known him better but he was being blinded by angers that he spat the most hurtful words without thinking. 

"It's not okay." Kai hung his head low. "You've had so much on your shoulders but instead of being the one who helped you lifting the burden, I blamed you for hurting Luhan. I'm deeply sorry, Sehun. Could you forgive me... I mean, would you?" 

Sehun did not say a word instead he moved closer to Kai. His eyes were already pooling with tears as he closed the gap between them and wrapped his arms around the tanned boy's neck, hugging him. It was something unpredictable which Kai Severus Potter widened his eyes and there was something tugging at his heart when the sound of muffling cry echoed to his ears. It was none other than Sehun's. 

Slowly, Kai moved his hands to snake around the other's waist to pull him closer until there was no space between them. For now, he just wanted to hug Sehun tightly and never let go. He noticed both of them had been dealing with lot of things to which this time they both needed each other to carry lives on their shoulders. 

But he was actually happy seeing how Sehun's life got better and better each day and he somewhat thankful for being stupid the last time or else he would not realize how silly he was being all the time and how coward he was before. 

"Hey, I thought it was okay but—," 

"Shut up, Kai. Just for once, hug me and don't say anything." Sehun snapped and both fell silent afterwards leaving only the sound of the clock ticking and the muffle of the blond's silent cry in Kai's shoulder filling the air. 

It was an understatement if he were to say he liked this because this was actually beyond words. The relieves, the love, the joy were now budding in his chest and had killed all the worries and the miseries in his mind. Having Sehun Hyperion Malfoy again in his arms made his lips curve upward, forming a small smile that he hardly carved ever since they stopped talking. 

"I missed you—," Kai muttered as he moved his left hand up and down Sehun's back to soothe him. 

"Shut up." Sehun cut him off again. 

"I'm sorry," 

"Stupid." 

"I...love you." 

"Shut the up or I'll kiss you—," Sehun pushed Kai away but then refused to look at the tanned boy after he realized those words slipped through his mouth without him planning. Sehun then, without further words, quickly moved towards the center of the bed and buried himself under the blanket. It was a shameful thing to ever say anything like that and he felt like caging himself in the dungeon.

Kai, on the other hand, was slightly taken aback by that but soon when the realization dawn upon him, he let out a chuckle before he, too, climbed the bed and quickly slid under the blanket only to hug Sehun from the back. Without hesitation the tanned boy leaned closer and kissed the younger's nape which caused Sehun's body to tense. 

"Hey, do you love me, too?" 

Sehun had the urge to roll his eyes at the question. Who the hell asked for something which the answer was obviously a yes? But he thought, if he were to play hard to get, that would make his days more fun rather than having it all served on a plate for Kai to inspect, right? Now he thought it was the time for a payback. 

"No." Oh, Sehun inwardly cheered for himself when he managed to sound colder than he had wished and his stern voice seemed to be succeeded at making Kai speechless for a moment.

But after a few seconds, he could hear him smirking which he looked over his shoulder and caught the tanned boy now grinning at him. The wide grin the other was showing was far from his liking and he hated how the older boy managed to form a grin even after rejection. "What are you grinning for?" 

"Your answer—it's a yes, isn't it?" Kai shamelessly said and wrapped his arms around the younger's waist that earned him a smack on his chest from Sehun but he could care less about it because he knew the other was actually trying to play

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter