Chapter 23: 2nexo Moments

MISSION ACCOMPLISH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the Lab. Room...

Lay is so busy studying something under the microscope that he did not notice Dara who has been inside the room for quite a while now.

He lifted up his head and about to get something from one of the cabinet when from the corner of his eye he saw someone standing silently just a few inch away from him.

"Holy ... D-Dara? H-how long have you been there?"

Dara stared at him for a second before answering. "Quite a while already... are you always this absorbed to all the things that you do?"

He was taken aback to her sudden question. "Y-yeah... why'd you asked?"

"It just that, I rarely see you around the house except if we have a meeting or to eat... you rarely smile and I don't often hear you talk... you're so mysterious to me." She take one step closer to him and continue to eye him making him uncomfortable.

"Guess it's just in my nature... well, if you don't mind can I extract blood from you already?'

Instead of answering, Dara take the sit in front of him and extented her right hand and nodded her head as a sign that he can extract her blood already.

Lay then picked the syringe which he has readied just a minute before Dara arrived and cautiously injected it to her.

Dara flinch at the sudden pang of pain in her arms. "Hey, don't clench your fist or else it'll only make the site of injection to bruise... just relax your hand." Lay told her using a little force of his gift as a whisperer in his voice.

"Yah... don't use your gift on me... its so overwhelming..."

"Sorry I can't help it... I'm used in using my gift to patients who are panicking when they are receiving an injection." He smiled genuinely at her.

"Hey, I'm not panicking..." Her face suddenly turns red.

"Uh-huh... your eyes keeps on twitching, your hands is trembling just before I inject the syringe and just so you know you're also sweating real hard... now tell me you're not panicking..." 

"Alright... alright, I'm afraid of needles... happy now?" She snaps as Lay gently retrieve the syringe and wave his hand healing the injected site in her arm.

This makes him chuckle. "You're not afraid to die but you're afraid of some needles?"

"Yah, I can't help it... I was traumatize when I was just a kid... a healer suddenly injected the syringe in my arm without a word I almost set her on fire." She pouted cutely.

"Bom is right you're not really that same Dara that we used to know...." Lay tsk and started to prepare the sample of her blood for him to observe.

"Aish... did I really change that much?" Dara leaned on the chair and watch him do his thing.

"Honestly speaking, if Chaerin didn't clarify that it is indeed you I might have tried to kill you already."

Lay's answer shock the hell out of her. "For reals?" She accidentally raised her voice.

"I will... I mean the first time we meet I thought you're this ice queen who hated everyone around her and ready to kill anyone who stands on her way... then here you are being all too friendly and chatty... it's quite a shock actually to see you being well... cheery, I guess..." He said in a joking way.

"OMG... am I that bad before?" She suddenly feel disappointed in her self and she doesn't even know why... Wah, what is this? Why am I questioning the old me and my old habits? What's happening to me? Aish... and why am I feeling so hot suddenly? She's silently thinking to her self. 

"Well you kind of have that icy aura around you... hey don't play with that..." Lay suddenly exclaimed when he saw her melting the frozen poison that he has extracted from her when they brought her looking physically beat up from district 7. 

"Oh... Mr. Cutie Dimple, come look at this... hurry..." Her voice become excited like a kid so Lay immediately went towards her to check what makes her so excited and what happened next gave him the shock of his life.

 

 

 

In the hallway going towards the Lab Room...

Bom has nothing else to do after breakfast so she decided to pay Dara a visit in the Lab Room and to at the same time for she know about her friends's fear on needles.

She has her eyes on the floor that is why she didn't see the figure of someone that is coming towards her who isn't looking forward at his direction either.

As a result they ended up bumping at each other.

Bom was thrown to the floor making her furious. "Yah... look as to where your going will you..." She hissed as she stands up only to see Chen looking at her blankly.

"Hey aren't you even going to say sorry?"

"Why would I? You're not looking forward either so you're also at fault." He said without emotion and was about to walk pass at her when she pulled him forcibly back.

"Yah... what the hell is your problem..." Bom raised her voice a bit.

"I asked you the same... what the hell is your problem?"

Bom couldn't believe Chen's attitude at that moment. "Be serious will you or I swear I'm really going to pound you on the floor."

"Yeah whatever..." Chen only shrugged.

He walked passed at her and just when she is about t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter