Chapter 10: Reunited At Last

MISSION ACCOMPLISH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV:

Kai slumps himself on the couch immediately after they’ve teleported back at district 5, his energy seemed to have drained him fast since it was his first time teleporting more than 5 people.

Minzy on the other hand is currently assisting Kris on lying Dara down on the sofa.

Due to Kai’s ability of teleportation it is understandable that they will be the first one to arrive before Chaerin and Bom’s group.

Checking the time they still have at least less than 6 hours left before the venom inside Dara’s system begin to move again, they decided to talk about the things that Psy told them.

After 3 hours of waiting, they suddenly feel tense and uncomfortable.

“Chen what time is it already?” Minzy inquired while pacing back and forth.

“5, she only has 3 hour left.”

“I wonder what’s taking them long to come back.” Baekhyun murmured just as the front door suddenly flung open up.

“Where is she?” ask the person who came barging in.

“Bom, God!!! Thanks’ a lot you’ve arrived” Minzy blurted out relief about Bom’s presence.

“Just what the heck did they do to her?” Bom raged once she saw Dara’s lifeless body lying on the sofa.

“She is still breathing but her body is not stable unless Lay arrives within 3 hours then maybe, she can finally be fully healed or else, s-she’ll d-die.” Minzy broke down as she answered making Bom to freeze on her spot.

When Bom saw Minzy broke she immediately rushed toward her and comforted her.

The rest of them didn’t say anything they also all wonder what was done on Dara. They can clearly see how severe are the wounds that have been inflected in Dara’s body. Some might have been healed but the ugly scars remained. In her hand, feet, heck there are even bruises and scars in her face.

“Wait, how come she is still in this condition, is there no healer in District 6? Also why is her body not stable?” Chanyeol suddenly ask.

“She’s been poisoned and the poison has travelled all through her body. District 6 leader told us that the only fully trained healer that they have died, so the apprentices take charged and they manage to tend her wounds as best as they can. To prevent the VENOM for spreading further into her system their leader freeze it. Now we only have less than 3 hours before the venom inside her body begin to move again.” Minzy patiently explained when she has finally get control of her emotions.

LuHan stirred and suddenly inched closer to Dara’s body which makes Minzy and Bom wondered as what he was planning to do. He extended his arms, but did not touch her, and slowly moves it back in forth.

“What are you doing?” Minzy eyed him suspiciously.

“Relax, I’m not doing anything bad on her, I was just trying to locate the venom in her body.” LuHan stated not pulling away his concentration on what he is doing.

“You can do that? You’re also a healer?” Bom ask.

“No he is not, but if the venom is strong enough, he'll be able to feel the strength coming from it, giving him the privilege of being able to pin point the exact location of the venom inside her body.” Xiumin answered in behalf of LuHan.

They watch intensely as LuHan continued to inspect Dara’s body. “We’re you able to tract it?” Kris asks him when he finally withdraws his hand.

“Yes, the venom has reached until her superior vena cava, she’s lucky she was found earlier or else a minute or so she would probably have died already.” LuHan explained and went back to where he was sitting earlier.

All of them find something to do while waiting for the rest to arrive.

Bom and Minzy are sitting next to the lifeless body. Kris and Suho were in one corner already comparing information. Chanyeol is currently talking to Kai and Chen, while Xiumin, LuHan and Baekhyun are all exchanging their stories.

Hours have passed and the room is now filled with a tenser atmosphere than earlier.

“We barely have an hour left.” Kai look around the room.

“Why don’t you try and contact Chaerin?” Suho suggested at the two ladies.

“We’ve already tried but she's currently moving fast we can’t get through her.” Bom said, fear written all over her face.

Kris was about to say something when finally the front door was forcedly opened.

“How is Dara doing?” Chaerin immediately ask while dragging Lay behind her.

“Chaerin, finally you’ve arrived.” Minzy stand up from where she is seated and motioned Lay to sit there instead.

On the other hand, Sehun and a haggard Tao and D.O entered the room making the rest of the boys look at them with wondering eyes.

“What the hell happen to you guys?” Xiumin ask Tao who is panting very hard.

“They... happened to... us." Tao pointed an accusing finger to Chaerin and after wards to Sehun. "He have... drag me and D.O… while Chaerin drag Lay... while running a speed of 100 miles/ hour... and on top of that... they did it twice... without our permission. ” Tao looked scandalized as he was still catching his breath.

They all then gathered at the corners of the room giving Lay a space to do whatever he must do.

“I need 2 basins one that is empty and one that is filled with water. I also need clean towels, a knife, scalpel, gauze and a tape. Palli!” He blurted out suddenly.

Suho and LuHan immediately flick their figures. Two basins are now floating in midair one is slowly being filled with water.

Chaerin meanwhile pull something out inside her jacket and a second later she is handing a knife and a scalpel to Lay.

Just as when the two basins have landed in the table next to where Lay is sitting, Kai teleported back from getting some towels and Sehun meanwhile just arrived from getting some gauze and tape.

Lay grab the towel from Kai’s hand and put it on Dara’s side. Setting his mind to his task he started tracing where the venom was infected, after a minute or so has finally located it. Using the knife he gently cut the fabric covering Dara’s thigh.

Bom was about to say something to Lay but Chaerin signalled her just to shut it up and she was wise enough to obey it.

Using the scalpel Lay slowly cut through Dara’s skin. Blood started to pour out accompanied by a green smoking fluid. He put the empty basin near the flowing blood and poison.

Taking a deep breath he has finally started the absorbing process. His left hand is trying to stop the blood that is coming out and his right hand on the other hand is forcing the venom to get out from her system.

The rest of them just watch silently, hoping that the process will finally end. The boys especially for they can see how exhausted Lay is already. The girls are also worrying, but more on Dara. She is literally becoming paler and paler as more blood continues to ooze out accompanied by the venom. They can see Lay’s effort to stop the blood from oozing out, but the poison is just too strong that he has to put more concentration on his right hand resulting into Dara's uncontrollable bleeding.

After 15 minutes Lay finally withdraws his hand and with a little flick of his finger the wound on Dara’s thigh disappear without any trace.

He removed the basin filled with a mixture of blood and poison and started to chant something. As he continued his chanting the scars and bruises on Dara’s body slowly faded one by one.

When finally all of the scars and bruises disappeared, he grabs the other basin, the one with water, soaks a clean towel squeeze it and put it in Dara’s forehead. He soaks another clean towel in the water and started cleaning the blood and poison that has been spilled during the process.

“Her system is clear with poison already. She might not wake up for a day or two as a result of losing much blood, also there's a great possibility that she'll have a fever considering how low her immune system is at this moment. I suggest that she must take in some healing brew every 4 hours. Does anyone of you can make a healing brew? I don’t think I have that much strength to create one for now.” Lay mounted.

“I can fairly make a healing brew for minor illnesses like this.” Chaerin volunteered.

“Good, prepare it an hour before she takes it. Bring it to me right away so that I can make it potent enough.” Lay told her and Chaerin nodded as a sign of agreement.

“I think we should transfer Dara’s body in one of the room already so that we can clean the sofa, and Lay needs to rest to regain his strength.” Minzy offered the idea.

Chanyeol and Kris immediately held Dara’s body and put in one of the rooms. Suho meanwhile handed Lay with a glass of water to drink and assisted him to his room to take some rest, while D.O went in the kitchen to prepare food for everyone.

Bom, Chen and LuHan started to clean the sofa and disposed the materials that Lay used, while Baekhyun and Xiumin on the other hand put the basin with poison in a box, which Xiumin chilled, it is Chaerins idea to freeze the VENOM and keep it. When they ask her what do they need the poison for, she told them that they have to examine it and determine its toxicity and if there is some antidote to it, just in case one of them will be infected by it again.

“We’ll gather for dinner later, for the meantime let’s go and freshen up ourselves.” Chaerin announces moment later.

D.O called them all for dinner an hour later, which they all really appreciated surely some of them are starving. After dinner they decided to rest right away. All of them are very pretty much exhausted throughout the day.

“As much as I wanted for us to start discussing about the next things that we will be going, I can see that many of you are al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter