Chapter 16: Battle for Survival

MISSION ACCOMPLISH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LuHan’s POV:

Dara was right when she said earlier that the feeling of going through a barrier is not great because it is, like really.

My head is pounding like crazy, like my brain wants to escape and run away. My whole body is aching like hell. It feels like all my muscles are all contracting at once. My breathing also doesn’t help for it’s getting more and more difficult to breathe as time passes by.

“Hang in there… we are almost through…” Dara tighten her grip on my hand.

I feel like I'm about to pass out any moment when finally we’re able to get through.

Dara released my hand by her firm grip and I immediately slump my body on the ground.

“Remind me to never… ever… cross any stupid and freaking barrier again…” I told her as I was catching my own breathe and staring at the clear blue sky.

“Yeah, whatever… c’mon there's no time to waste we need to get in there already.”

“But how on earth are we going to go through that metal door?” I pointed at the main door while still lying on the ground.

She did not answer my question instead she draws one of her arrow and loaded it in her bow.

The arrow hit the door and attached itself on it and then...

BOOOMMM!!!

I duck because of the loud explosion but I think it wasn't necessary l, since Dara has created a shield in front of us already protecting us with every part of the door that was supposedly to hit us which just bounced back.

“Nice weapon…” I told her.

“Thanks, so should I lead the way or you will?”

“Ladies first…” Being the gentleman as I am always.

 

 

 

No one’s POV:

“Bom!!!” Minzy and CL shouted at the same time…

“What happened?” Kai appeared beside Suho who is helping out Bom while Chanyeol and Chen are still protecting them from further attacks.

“She lost consciousness…” Suho answered.

“What?” Kris and Tao shouted.

“If that’s the case how come that we still have the air mist around us?” Kai ask as he and Suho laid Bom at a safe corner.

“It’s Sehun, he is controlling the air.” Xiumin was able to inform them while trying to protect Sehun, Lay and Baekhyun by any attacks, all by himself.

They all turn their attention to Sehun, who is trying his best to control the air that is surrounding each and every one of them.

When he saw Bom hit the floor he immediately willed the air to obey his command.

It was hard, the air knows that they don’t belong to him but he have to make it obey his command, to save his friends he will surpass his limit even when it means that he has to end up like crap.

“This is not good sooner or later he will lose his consciousness too…” Kris commented when he saw how exhausted Sehun is in just a spun of 5 minutes that passed since Bom collapsed.

“Xiumin watch out…” Minzy pushed Xiumin to the side as two of the enemy is about to grab him in his back.

“Thanks…” Xiumin stated as he recovered from being pushed on the ground.

“Don’t mention it"

“Tao help Xiumin in protecting Lay and Baekhyun, Kai and D.O protect Sehun…” Suho reshuffled their positions.

Minzy and Suho on the other hand work side by side in protecting Bom while CL and Kris are the ones moving around the room smashing anyone that come in their way and after wards sending them at Chen and Chanyeol direction who are now really nearing their limit.

This situation continues until the front door exploded sending some of the JAEJOONG’s minion on the far corner of the laboratory.

It takes a while before they we’re able to see who makes the explosion occurs.

“Dara… wait shield yourself… the green smoke it’s acidic and it burns your skin…” Minzy warned the newly arrivals.

Dara immediately shielded herself and LuHan. When she diverted her gaze towards Minzy she saw the lifeless Bom lying behind her.

“What happened to her?” She asked, her voice is very controlled and cold.

“She’d used her gift to the limit in trying to maintain the air around us clean. It drained her to the max so she loses consciousness. Sehun is now controlling the air.” Chaerin explained.

“Sehun, when I said to let go, let go…” Dara instructed and started making some hand gestured.

When she did her last gesture they all feel a faint vibration of an invisible elastic barrier surrounding each one of them. “You can let go now…” Dara said.

After letting go Sehun directly hits the floor. LuHan run towards him and drag him near Lay and Baekhyun.

“What happen to him?” LuHan asked to Lay. He is referring to Baekhyun by the way.

“He was pierced with one of their sword and I can’t close his wound. It keeps on reopening every time I attempt to close it. All I can do now is to stop the bleeding since he’s losing too much blood and I think he’s loss a lot already before we we’re able to rescue him and Minzy.” Lay said.

“Use this…” Dara toss a flask to LuHan.

“What will I do with this?”

“One drop of that in his wound and it will permanently close itself. Lay once that his wound closes attend to Bom and Sehun and let them drink one drop of this to make them recover faster.” She tosses another flask to Lay.

“Chaerin how do these ing things die?” Dara's demeanor has totally changed into something far more dangerous.

“By burning them entirely…” Chaerin answered her while trying to observe what she is planning to do.

“Every one of you get back…” Dara instructed them.

“What do you me---”

“Just do as she says.” CL cut off Kris protest and drags him towards where Lay is, while Suho and Minzy carried Bom towards them.

Dara floated herself just a few inches above the ground. Her shield can be clearly seen.

“Her eyes… it’s…” Chanyeol stammered.

“Whatever you do... don’t dare look directly on her eyes if you still want to live…” Chaerin warns them.

Without any further question they obeyed.

Dara on the other hand is having a trouble controlling the outburst of her gift. She has to be very careful in unleashing her power or else she might kill everyone leaving in that planet including herself and her own friends and co-warriors.

“This is not good… I can feel that she is having a hard time controlling her power…” Chaerin uttered under her breath.

“Wait, she still is not in control of her strength… I thought you guys have been warriors for almost four years now?” Chen looked mortified.

“We are but she is a shield for crying out loud…” Minzy reasoned out.

“In other words, she is still developing her true POWER and I’m afraid to say that she has just acquire

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter