Chapter 12: Gifts or Curses?

MISSION ACCOMPLISH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the meeting room an hour later…

Icy silence, that's what best describe the the tension in the room. No one dared to open a conversation.

Looking that if this situation continues on, they'll go nowhere Bom decided to break the silence. "So what do you guys what to know?"

"Why don't we start about your gifts. You know ours so it's just but fair if we'll know yours." Suho hesitate at first but realized that it's about time that they fill them up with what they're capable of.

Chaerin considered how she should answer him in a brief way. "I’m both a SOUL CONTROLLER and a SOUL HUNTER and as you all know my weapon is a Scythe and I'm good at handling swords. My special skill is my super speed like Sehun here and lastly I excell in a physical combat battle."

"Should I still tell what mine is? You guys already know."

"Bom just tell them." Chaerin ordered her.

"I'm both in control of WIND and WATER, my weapon are guns in any form and my special skill is flying and breathing underwater."

Minzy wasted no time and immediately talk after Bom. "My weapon are knifes and like D.O I have control over LAND. My special skills are seeing in the dark and passing through a barrier of someone of my equal strength or weaker than me. More importantly I’m labelled as a TRACKER."

Everyone’s attention is now diverted to Dara which makes her grin. She hated being the center of attention.

"Flying is my special skill like Bom. I prefer a bow as my weapon and I’m under the category of SPECIAL gifts because of my piercing eyes."

"Piercing eyes, so you mean you can kill using your eyes?" Chanyeol clarified.

"Yeah, all I need is an eye contact."

"Is that the reason why you ask me to blind her for a moment with my lumen last night?" Baekhyun referred to Chaerin.

"Yes, because we can’t afford to turn someone into dust or to froze to dead or whichever."

Kai raised his eyebrow “Dust? Froze to death?”

"Yes dust, her eyes can literally burn you to ashes once you’ve made an eye contact to her when her eye turns red and you'll literally freeze to death when you meet her eyes when it is blue." Minzy confirmed.

"And well, as you all know I’m also a shield." Dara added.

"I don’t want to be mean, but if you’re truly a shield how come that you’re still alive?" Chen raised the unspoken question.

“We ourselves don’t know the reason why our ELDER, well you know, didn't kill her.” Bom shrugged off since she is a bit uncomfortable with their topic.

"Actually there's something else that I need to tell you."

All eyes averted back to Dara who just spoke.

 

Flashback, the night before Dara escapes…

“Dara, tell me honestly have you been over working your body these past years?” Hyori is currently tending Dara's body, who has suffered yet another day of torture from her captor.

“I don’t know maybe? Why?” She asks softly while lying in the bed.

“I can see your previous wounds and injuries Dara and I’m telling you there are just too many of it, I'm sorry to say this but it's hideous. They might heal and completely disappeared but the inflicted pain remains.”

“Your creeping me out Ms. Hyori do you know that? Though I can’t feel the pain so I guess it's is okay.”

The ELDER looked at her horrified.“NO IT'S NOT OKAY. Dara, you might not feel the pain but it hinders your body to stabilize further. If this will continue, you’ll die by overworking your body also please put in mind that your body must be strong enough when the RIGHT TIME comes.”

Dara did not respond so Hyori continued to talk.

“Your body is coping up with the growing power inside of you but is still not good enough. If only you've been a little extra careful in your fights and did not overwork your body by using your shield more often, your body should have been stable enough by now. Guess I don’t have that much choice but to help you after all."

"Help me? How exactly?" Dara inquired.

Instead of answering her, Hyori went towards the cupboards of the room that they're at and pulled out two bottles from it.

"What's that?" Dara pointed at the two bottles.

“It's a TONIC to help your body stabilize faster.”

“Oh, T-thanks.” Dara wasn't sure if she should be thankful or embarrass that she have to take a tonic just to make sure her body is well.

“Drink a drop of it every day. You must not lose it, it’s tasteless for you but if other will take it, it may kill them instantly.” Hyori explained to her.

“What about that other bottle? What's in it?” Dara wondered

“It’s a tonic which will make you invisible.”

“Invisible? What do I need to be invisible for?”

“You have to escape and get out of here tomorrow and be with your members they need YOU to be able to draw their true powers.”  Hyori pointed out.

Dara become confused as to what does Hyori meant. “What true powers? As far as I know they have already mastered their gifts. Chaerin can perfectly control the dead now. Bommie has a total control with her winds, though she sometimes summoned them unconsciously and Minzy and her land power have evolved so much this past few years. ”

Hyori shakes her head back and forth. “No they haven’t discovered their full potential yet, and that full potential of theirs are immeasurable and they can only control it if YOU are with them or else.” She paused.

“Or else what?” Dara is becoming tense at that moment.

“Or else they’ll DIE.”

Dara froze and feels like she couldn't breathe. “N-no t-that is i-impossible my gift is the only one that is cursed their gift is not?” She uncertainly said to Hyori.

“Is it? Look their gift is not cursed but very strong and powerful enough that could kill them and could even destroy a planet.” Hyori stared at the shaking Dara.

She takes a deep breath to relax. “What is their full potential?”

“Even I don’t know about it. I'm just a newly appointed leader, my knowledge about the four of wan't sufficient enough.” Hyori admitted.

“If their gifts are that strong, does that mean that the four of us are at the same level then?”

“Yes and no.”

Dara raised her eyebrows at this.

“Their gift is as strong as the power of a regular union who have the shield as their gift.” Hyori enunciate.

“So I am right then that the four of us are in the same level.” Dara insisted.

Hyori takes a deep breath before speaking again. “Yes you guys might have been on the same level if you are a regular carrier of the shield, but DARA.YOU.ARE.NOT.”

“What do you mean I am not? Am I abnormal?”

“No, I don't mean it that way. Have you ever know who your parents are?” Hyori suddenly ask while shaking her head at Dara’s question.

“No and I have no plan of knowing about them. What do they have to do with this anyway?” Dara is becoming more and more impatient as their conversation gets deeper.

Hyori smiled bitterly. “Everything since both your parents are ELDERS.”

“WHAT? T-that is impossible I know that you know very well that----" She went ballistic.

“ELDERS are not allowed to bare kids, I know about that Dara, but they have you before they even become ELDERS to their own respective planet.”

“So that is why they abandoned me!” She screech.

Hyori nodded. “They have no choice but to abandon you and hide your identity because aside from the fact that you are not supposed to exist you also carry with you the gift/curse of  being a shield.”

It is Dara’s turn to laugh bitterly.“Wow! My fate is truly wicked don't you think? So what happen to them? Are they even still alive to begin with?”

The ELDER gave her a sad smile. “They both die during the last Great War 20 years ago when planet SPHINK tries to take over EARTH. 2 years after the war your aunt the current ELDER of planet VIXEN find out about your mother’s diary. That is when the ELDERS have known about you and your capability.”

“So what does my origination have to do with my power again?”

“You still don’t get it do you? If you are just an ordinary warrior then your shield power will be at the same level as your members’ gift but you’re not because you are a product a very strong and powerful ELDERs from both of your blood line not to mention by two different race. In other words when you unleash your power uncontrollably it is not just a certain planet that you can destroy you could DESTROY THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE.” Hyori patiently explained to her.

Dara literally fall from the chair that she has seated. Hyori come near her to help her get up.

“Oh my goodness you all right? God I guess that is enough information for now.”

“No I’m fine just a little shaken. Tell me, why am I still alive now when supposedly they should have killed me when I was still a little child.” Dara mumbled.

“Your relatives from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter