Part Four

Deadly love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lexy's P.O.V

I was in my room. Scenes from what happened earlier crossed my mind. I figured that something was up, but not even in my wildest dream did I think it was this serious. Of course, recently I noticed my father was a bit more worried, and every time I would ask he would say it was work-related, so I didn't bother to ask anything else. 

I walked over to the window and looked outside. My room was facing the back garden. I loved this place and the fact I have to leave it was hard for me. I grew up in this home, this neighborhood, my friends were here, my family. Everything I knew was here. I wasn't sure for how long I will be away and it . I sighed and walked away from the window. 

I took the suitcase from under my bed and put it on my bed. At that moment I heard a knock on the door. 

"Come in," I said.

The door opened and my dad walked in. 

"Let's talk." He said.

I nodded my head and sat on the bed. He walked over and sat next to me. 

"I know that it's all complicated, but trust me, for now, this is the best. I want you to be safe." He said.

"Can you really trust that young man?" I asked.

In all honesty, I was scared. He was just a stranger to me and my dad just made a deal with him so easily. 

"Yes, you can. I would never lie to you or put you in a dangerous situation." My dad said. 

I took a deep breath and nodded. I didn't want to cry but tears kept falling on their own. My dad hugged me and we just stayed like that for a few minutes. I was scared and worried. I didn't know the outcome of this situation, all I knew is that it was serious. Will my dad be alright? Will I get to see him again? How long will this last? 

I didn't have my answers to it and neither did my dad. It was what it was and for now, we had to get used to the new situation. 

"I love you, don't ever forget that." My dad said. 

"I love you too," I replied. 

Why does it feel like we are saying bye for good? I suddenly had a strange feeling in my stomach and it scared me. 

"Pack your things and get some rest. It will be a long trip tomorrow." My dad added.

"Where are you going?" I replied.

"We have to pretend like we know nothing, so I am going to join the meeting." He said.

Before I could say anything else he already left my room. My heart was beating fast and I didn't like it. I haven't felt this scared in a long time. I somehow managed to get up and I started packing my things. As I was going through my drawers I came across a picture of my mom.

"Mom.." I said to myself. 

I wish she was here. I miss her every day and every hour. I was only fifteen when my mom died in an accident. I remember that day like it was yesterday. A tear escaped down my cheek and memories came flowing back. 

***
I was starting to fall asleep in math class and I was just waiting for the bell to ring. Since I was sitting in the back of the classroom it was easy to hide from the teacher. I leaned my head down on the table and closed my eyes but at that moment I heard the announcement go off. 

"Lexy Lee, please come to the teacher's lounge immediately." The voice said over the speaker.

I lifted my head and everyone in the classroom was looking at me. I got up, excused myself, and just left the classroom. As I was walking down the hall towards the teacher's lounge I suddenly felt sick to my stomach. I had a feeling that I was about to hear some bad news. I reached the teacher's lounge and opened the door. 

The teachers who were there looked at me and all of them had sad looks on their faces. 

"You're father is at the hospital. Your mother was in a car accident.." My homeroom teacher said. 

"What? I-is she okay?" My eyes started to tear up. 

My teacher didn't say anything, she just hugged and it was clear to me. 

***

I wiped away my tears and put the picture in the suitcase. I finished packing and just sat on my bed. I couldn't sleep. I was worried. What will happen next? Where am I going? What does the new day hold? 

I closed my eyes and just tried to focus on something. Silence.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter