Part Thirty One

Deadly love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lexy’s P.O.V
 

It has been a few days since I found out some things that didn't add up about my secretary. Also recently she hasn't been coming to work, her excuse was that her son is sick. She did mention to me once that she was married, but her husband never came to pick her up and she does flirt around with people who work with her, but that is not my business. I don't really care about that. Her life and she can do whatever she wants to do. 

I turned my laptop on and started my research on her. I found a file about her that Sungmin sent me per Peyowook's request and in that file, she was under the name Lee Da-Ji. She was 31, but also there is no record of her that she has ever been married or that she has a kid. But what really caught my eye was the fact that she was actually a spy.

How could I have missed this? How did I let such a thing slip? As I recall the interview with her I realized that the file I got from her was different than this one. 
Someone must have sent her. I don’t want to point fingers at anyone.. but I think it might be Ryeowook’s father. He probably kept an eye on me. I sighed and continued with my search. Her parents have no contact with her and they are in Australia. 

Her dad used to be the chief of police in Seoul, but they moved to Australia after her father's scandal. What scandal? I'll have to ask Ryeowook if he can help me find out more about it. As I researched more I wasn't able to find any connection to Ryeowook's father but, we'll see. I leaned back in my chair and took a deep breath and looked out the window into the distance.

I thought about Eric's and Ryeowook's words. Eric didn't like her from the get-go, but at that time I thought he was just pissed because they had a small argument, but the more I think of it the more he was right. There is something fishy. I then turned and faced my desk again. I went back to reading the file ad notes in it. I was curious to see what else I can find out. 

I still had time until the meeting which reminded me that I have to call Ryeowook and cancel our plans for tonight's dinner. I sighed at the thought of that since I was looking forward to it, but this meeting had to be held suddenly. It was urgent because of the new management. Annoying if you ask me, but it had to be done. I reached for my phone that was in my drawer and took it out. 

Hopefully, these busy days will come to an end. I dialed his number and waited. 

***

Ryeowook’s P.O.V

I was in my office going through some paperwork when my phone went off. I reached for it and looked at the screen. I smiled when I saw who was calling. Lexy.

“Hey, honey,” I said.

“Hey, sadly we have to cancel our plans for tonight.” She said.

“It’s ok babe, everything alright?” I asked.

“There's an urgent meeting that I have to hold. I was hoping I could postpone it but it's been crazy with the management and they won't stop nagging.” She sighed.

“It’s alright. We can reschedule our plans.” I smiled.

“Thank you, babe. I love you.” She added.

“I love you too. Take care and I'll see you later tonight.” I said.

“You too. Bye.” She said and we hang up.

Ever since we came back from Japan both of us were very busy. I was more worried about her. She has been working day and night, also she had a lot of things on her mind and on top of that she had no time to rest. The situation with her secretary has been stressing her out and she was worried about how much she might know at this point. Sungmin was able to find some documents about her and he sent them to Lexy.

Also two nights ago, her nightmares returned and they've been ruining her sleeping hours. The stress was really getting to her, but at least she shared her worries with me so it made her feel better. I took a deep breath and went back to work when my phone went off once again. This time it was a message from Sungmin. 

Your mom is here. 

Sungmin

Great, this is just what I needed at this moment. I closed my laptop and pushed the files to the side of the table, and then leaned back into my chair. At that moment there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter