Thirty Three

Deadly love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s P.O.V
 

It took us pretty much all day to clean up the office. Everything was on the floor. There was nothing left. Also, there was a lot of glass on the floor so I cleaned it up carefully so that no one gets injured. Tae-Hyung was a big help as well, he took out the garbage and helped with the bookshelf. Once we were done we all sat down and just relaxed, trying to catch our breath. Tae-Hyung decided to go get some food and drinks so he left. Lexy and I were alone and Lexy was holding a CD in her hands. 

Should I ask something? Or should I just stay silent? I saw by the look on her face that she was worried and scared of what might be on the CD. I looked at her and all of a sudden she moved and sat on my lap, leaning on my chest. I wrapped my hands around her and patted her back lightly.

“Lexy?” I whispered.

She looked up at me.

“You're scared, aren’t you?” I said.

“I can’t say I am scared... it’s just hard to explain..” She replied.
 
I watched her as she got up from my lap and walked over to her desk and sat down at her desk, turning on her laptop. She took a deep breath and put the CD in. I heard her father’s voice and I could see tears in Lexy’s eyes. From what I could hear it was easy to realize that this video was taken before he died. Apparently, he already knew what was going to happen, but what bothers me is that how come Lexy didn’t see this video before? Why now? Why after 5 years? I got up and walked over to her side. She was holding back her tears.

Her dad started talking about my family and how all this started because of my family and the relationship her mom had with my father. It was enough that I am already angry at my father but now…. This video is the last thing I needed, but I managed to keep calm. Because of Lexy. 

“Why?” She said almost in a whisper. 

"Can I do anything, babe?" I asked and looked at her. 

I put my hands on her shoulders and gently massaged them. I felt stupid at the moment and helpless. She stood up and just wrapped her arms around me, she was hiding her face and she had a tight grip. I held her close to me. I wasn't sure what to say or what to do. Old wounds have opened up again and I knew it was a matter of time, but I truly wished that it would never happen.

My phone rang and I reached for it with one hand and looked at the screen. Sungmin. I sighed. Why now? This is really not the time to talk with him. Lexy was still holding on to me and she was trying her best to hold back her tears. The phone stopped ringing but soon enough it started again. I hope this is urgent. I answered.

“Hello?” I said.

“Your mom has a meeting with your dad! There is a chance to get him!” He said.

“Where are they?” I asked.

“At her place. I will text you the address. Just hurry.” He said and hung up.

I had something I wanted to say but he hung up. I put my phone back into my back pocket and ran a hand through her hair. 

“Babe.." I said.

"Don't. go!" She said through tears. 

She heard what Sungmin told me. I understood her worries but I had to go. 
 

"I don't want to lose you. What if something happens?" She said, but still hiding her face. 

"I'll be back, I promise you," I said and patted her back. 

"I want to go with you." She said.

"Babe... It might be dangerous. Please, go home, Tae-Hyung will stay with you until I arrive." I said. 

"But!" She sighed.

"I will be back," I replied and rubbed her cheek. 

I somehow managed to calm her down. I knew that the promise I made is difficult to keep, but I had no choice. I kissed her and it was time for me to leave. I walked out of the building and on my way to the car I saw Tae-Hyung. He was returning with coffee and food. 

I explained to him and told him to not leave her side until I get home. 

"No worries," Tae-Hyung said.

“Thank you," I replied.

"My men are there as well." He said.

He bowed slightly and we both went our own ways. I got on my motor and drove off. 

***

Lexy’s P.O.V

 

Lee Tae-Hyung came into my office and he brought food and coffee.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter