Part Eleven

Deadly love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s P.O.V

It’s been a whole year into our relationship. Things were going smoothly for us except for some drama that my father caused. We would move to a new place from time to time, but we got used to it and it was kind of fun. We got to see a lot of places around Korea and also meet new people along the way. 

Today was our first anniversary and Lexy and I planned to celebrate it. We were getting ready for the day when all of a sudden Lexy's phone went off. She answered it and just listened before saying anything, usually, she would reply that it was the wrong number. It happens, sometimes one wrong number can cause misunderstanding.

I was already done and I walked out of the bedroom and into the living room. I sat on the couch and took the newspaper off the table and started to read. I wanted to see what was going on. Recently my father's name was in the news a lot and the fact that the evidence of corruption was mentioned I guessed that Lexy's father had something to do with it. 

Speaking of him Lexy hadn't talked to him in a while, and neither one of us could reach him. He probably thought that was the best solution to keep his daughter safe but she was worried about him. I felt bad that she had to go through all this, but on the other hand, I always found a way how to make her smile and forget about her worries. 

"Sir?" I heard one of the bodyguards say.

I looked up and he was standing at the doorway. 

"Yes?" I said.

"There is a letter for Lexy." He said and walked up to me.

I took the letter and nodded my head. He bowed and just left the room. I looked at the envelope but there was nothing written on it except for the words that said: "For my daughter". I put it on the table and waited for Lexy to open it. It's not my job to read her letters, I never liked snooping around in other people's businesses, besides we all have privacy. 

I continued to read the newspaper and drink my coffee. After a few minutes I heard Lexy come out of the room and she joined me in the living room. I put the newspaper down and patted my lap. She smiled brightly and sat on my lap wrapping her arms around my neck as we kissed. 

"Babe, a letter just came in for you," I said and pointed to the table. 

She turned her head and reached for it. She quickly opened it and started reading. I waited for her to finish. I wasn't sure what it was but by the look on her face, I could tell that something was up. She put the letter down and sighed. I could tell that she was holding back her tears. 

"Babe?" I looked at her. 

She didn't lift her head. She just reached for the letter and handed it to me. I looked at her again and then at the letter. I started reading. 

***

Dear Lexy,

I am writing this letter to you in hopes that it will maybe be easier for both of us. I have made many mistakes in my life and it's time that I pay for them.
By the time You read this letter, I will probably be long gone, but I want you to know that I loved you dearly.
I might not have been the best dad, but I really tried to get you on the right path. 
I knew the pain that you were going through when your mom died, but I think it's time you knew the truth. 

Your mom didn't die in a car accident. She was killed, killed by the very same people who are after me. I don't want you to blame anyone for it. I want you to understand that life has a way of proving things to us. We all think we can get away with our mistakes, but we can't. We do things that we think we will never regret, but in the end, we do. 

Same with me. I thought I could have a peaceful life. I thought wrong, instead, I put your life in danger. I should have stopped it when it was time, but instead, I got greedy. I wanted more and in the process, I lost the two people who meant the world to me. Your mom and you.

If I had done something back then your mom would be alive now and you wouldn't have to be on the run. I'm sorry Lexy, I really am, but I can't change anything, but remember I love you, darling. Stay safe and take care. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter