Thirty Six - Final

Deadly love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lexy’s P.O.V

One year later...

In the past year, things calmed down, and finally, we could do things without worrying if someone is out there to kill us or not. His mother was in jail and she got a life-long sentence as for her helpers they hanged themselves in their cells. His mother had no remorse and she didn't feel sorry. Ryeowook was right and it's a good thing we didn't let her meet Aya. Who knows what would have happened? 

As for me I still had some difficulties, after 6 months of being in the wheelchair I was finally able to walk again but I still needed some help. From time to time it would be difficult to get up quickly or to carry something so Ryeowook did most of the things for me and he helped me a lot.

At first, it was really difficult for me to get used to everything, and the pain was the worst. I couldn't sleep well and every movement I had to make was killing me. My lower part of the back was a disaster and the fact that I couldn't walk at that time was horrible. At first, it was a bit strange for Aya to see me in that state but we managed to explain it to her.  

But on the positive side, I didn't need a wheelchair anymore. I just had to be careful not to make any sudden moves and also I had to take small breaks from time to time and light exercise was okay. Ryeowook helped a lot and in most, he didn't allow me to do things alone even when it comes to taking a bath. He wanted me to fully recover and not overdo it, and there was no arguing with him over it.

I felt a bit sorry for him since he didn't have much time for himself and he was always busy either with Aya or me. I kept telling him to take it easy but he wanted to make sure that we both had everything. He would help with Aya's homework and cooking as well. As for cleaning, we had others do it for us once a week. I was thankful for all of it but at the same time, I sometimes felt like I was in trouble.

“Hey,” Ryeowook said and joined me on the porch. 

I was outside enjoying the nice weather and just looking into the distance when he shook me out of my thoughts.

“Hey.” I looked at him and smiled.

“How are you feeling?” He asked and sat on the swing next to me. 

“I'm good, you?” I replied and leaned my head on his shoulder.

“With you and Aya I'm always great.” He said and took my hand. 

“Aya is at school?” I asked.

“Yeah, I'll pick her up later.” He smiled.

"Thank you," I added.

We stayed outside for a while and just enjoyed the nice weather. Ryeowook has changed a lot this past year, of course, I mean that in a positive way. He was finally able to let go of the past and forget about everything that had happened. He hasn't mentioned his parents at all and he threw away everything that was connected to them, he even sold his father's company and also all the real estate he had. 

I never questioned his decisions, instead, I supported him After all he was right about his parents. They are both the same, and honestly, at first, I thought his mother was not so bad but I was wrong. Hell, we all were wrong, she fooled us well. Sure, she did play a big role in catching his father, but that was for her own goal. But the reality of it all is that this whole thing was stupid. 

The moment my dad died it was game over, but those two decided to continue in hopes that they will have their revenge. Revenge for what? It didn't even matter anymore. My dad burned all the files before his death and that was that. Two knew that but they had hoped. It got many people killed or in danger not to mention the trauma that Aya went through. 

"Babe?" Ryeowook said.

“Yes?" I looked at him.

“Close your eyes." He smiled.

I just nodded my head and did what he said. He took my hand and all of a sudden I felt something cold slip on my finger. 

"You can open them now." He said.

I opened my eyes and looked at my hand, I then looked at him. 

"Forever?" He asked.

"Forever and ever," I said. 

He gently pulled me into his hug and kissed my neck. We have talked about marriage before, but I never thought that it would come this soon or like this for that matter, but I like, it's a different type of proposal. Special... well at least for me. 

It was time to go back inside. Ryeowook had to go get Aya and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter