Part Twenty Eight

Deadly love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s P.O.V

I was curious to know what was so urgent at this time of the hour. Instead of being in a comfy bed with my love, I have to go over to his house. Ugh. It was annoying me, and for some reason, I had a strange feeling in my stomach. Something was about to happen and in all honesty, I wanted to turn the car around and go home, but I knew what would happen. 

Sungmin doesn't take a no for an answer and if I refused she would send people to drag me. I sighed and stepped on the gas. The streets were empty and there was no traffic control so I could go a bit over the limit. 

I arrived at Sungmin’s place and parked the car in front. The light in the living room was on and through the window, I could see a woman. Who is she? I wasn't able to see her face only her shadow through the curtains but it was enough to see that it was a woman in question. I walked over to the front door and rang the doorbell. Soon enough Leeteuk opened the door and walked in. 

I greeted Leeteuk and he greeted me back, but something was off. He was looking at me and it felt like he wanted to tell me something but he didn't know how to do it. He was a bit nervous and scared at the same time. Why? What's going on? What happened? Just as I was about to ask what was wrong Leeteuk turned around and walked into the living room.

I sighed and followed him. As I entered the room and looked at Sungmin to greet him I froze in my place. The woman standing next to Sungmin was my mother. I wanted to get out as fast as possible but I couldn't. My body couldn't move from the shock. I haven't seen this woman in 16 years and now she is here? Why? What is she up to?

I looked at her and then I looked at him. She had a smile on her face and as I saw her walking toward me I hissed and managed to move a step back.

"Don't," I said.

"Son.." She said.

"Don't call me that," I replied and in my tone, there was a feeling of rage and hate.

"Calm down," Sungmin said.

He knows my opinion about this, so I don't understand why?

“What are you doing here?” I finally managed to ask her, 

“I called your girlfriend today..” She said, avoiding my question.

“So it was you. Why?” I added.

“Why what?” She took one step towards me.

“Why now? After all these years.” I said.

“I made a mistake... I was wrong for leaving you..” She added and took another step towards me.

“Don’t come near me,” I said.

“Son…” She added.

“Son? Really?” I raised my voice a little.

“Please forgive me..” She said.

“Why would I? You left when I needed a mother the most.” I replied and moved away from her.

“I can help you defeat your father..” She said.

“You have nothing to do with him anymore..” I added.

“I want to see him defeated.” She said.

“Forget it. It’s between him and me.” I said and turned around to leave.

“Wait…” She said.

“What?” I replied.

“Are you mad at me because I divorced your father?” She said.

“You know the real reason why. You made your choice 16 years ago and now you live with it.” I quickly walked out of the house and slammed the door. 

Since the window in the living room was opened I could hear Sungmin screaming out my name, but I didn't care. I got into the car and drove off. My hands started to shake and my heart started to beat fast. All these years there was no trace of her, Sungmin only showed me a picture of her once, but I ripped it. I didn’t care, and I still don’t care. I erased her from my life…. What makes her think that she can come and look for me now? I have my own life, and I don’t need her.

I needed her 16 years ago, but at that time she didn't care, so why should  I? Son? What son? Who gives her the ing right to call me son? She lost that right the moment she walked out of my life. 

***

"Mom! Please!" 

I was begging her to stay, but she refused to. She didn't care about the family anymore and she said she wanted a new start. A fresh start. I cried as I ran after her. She didn't look back. She just left. 

***

I was too s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter