The 12 Labors of Heracles (V)-Augean Stables

Demigod : Children of Power
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You and your friends went down the steep slope carefully as Ares had directed you to, you almost fell to your death if it wasn't for Kimberly who had a strong grip on you. You walked for hours until you finally reached the foot of the mountain, the river Pineios was connected to another river called Alpheus, you walked for another couple of hours and you saw a very large meadow with stables.

It looked like a horse ranch but the horses were divine animals, the stench of their dung could be smelled from a few hundred metres away from where you were standing. 'Phew! Looks like somebody needs to clean the stables! Maybe Hera needs those extra for her plants?' Kai joked and everyone cracked up at that, he laughed as he walked but it somehow triggered a kind of mechanism that might be a trap. 'I heard the laughter of the child of Hermes! Who goes there?! Who dares to trespass my territory?!'

''Tis I, Suho, son of Poseidon! We're just passing through!' Suho responded. Minyoung was busy admiring the horses and she asked if she could have one from hundreds of horses. Inyoung seemed to recognize the old man as she questioned him. 'Are you Phyleus? Son of Aegeus?' the old man seemed shocked as he answered. 'Nay, young lass. I am the great-grandchild of Phyleus. Me name's Brutus!' he rasped. 'Then, this must be the Augean Stables!' Minyoung exclaimed.

'Aye, lass but nobody has been here for hundreds of years. Just me and the horses, how'd you know this is the Augean Stables?' Minyoung patted the horse as she answered. 'I'm very fond of horses. Can we each have one of the horses? It's been a long trip and our legs are sore. We still have a long way to go.' 'On one condition. If you can clean the stables within a day's time, you may have all the horses in this stable. I'm too old to manage them anyway.' he coughed.

'If we don't?' Ciel asked. Brutus smirked 'Well lad, I'm afraid you have to travel with your sore legs again. Good luck.' and he retreated back into his house. 'Well that was helpful...' Xiumin said sarcastically. 'So what are we gonna do now? Ain't no way I'm gonna get my manicured nails dirty with all that !' Brittany checked her nails and flipped her blonde hair.

You got tired, really tired of her rants. If she's not going to do anything or being useful then she shouldn't have come along, she's just being an eyesore. No one expected you to burst out so suddenly with your usually calm self. Even Ciel and Xiumin flinched at your voice. 'WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM BRITTANY?! IF YOU'RE JUST HERE TO STICK TO MY BROTHER THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE COME HERE! EVER SINCE WE'RE ON THE START OF THIS MISSION YOU'VE ONLY BEEN SELFISH, YOU DIDN'T HELP ANY OF US! BUT WE SAVED YOUR !' you roared.

Baekhyun held your arm, trying to stop your outburst before it triggered something unimaginable in you but it was too late. Your body started to emanate an aura comprised of darkness as it seeped out your body like mist in the form of sharp tendrils. Brilliant, vein-like colours of aquamarine decorated the tendrils, it s towards Brittany.

It seemed like only Baekhyun, Kai and Rayne could see the tendrils, they could feel th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter