Shattered Mind

Demigod : Children of Power
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment your soul went out of your body, you were transported somewhere else. It was neither Elysium, Underworld, Olympus nor anywhere else in this world. Everything was black and you were the only living soul existing.

Suddenly, there were bursts of colours and images playing. You then realized it was your past replaying like a movie in cinema. They were all so familiar, from the time you first learned how to play piano, the time when your healing mechanism triggered, when Damian tried to you and the time when you were brought to Iroas. Everything was replayed up until the most recent event before you fell into unconciousness.

You didn't know what to do, you just float around there doing nothing. You felt bored and you imagined that the boredom would go away if you had a piece of paper and a pencil, you'd draw just to pass the time like how you did when you were still a child and your mother left you for work. Those were the times you felt at ease, it was like no one could ever take away your peace.

Just as you willed it, a paper and a pencil appeared in front of you just like you wished. You started to wonder if your gift wasn't only limited to the manipulation of shadow and ice but the power to create anything you wanted using your creativity. To test it out, you wished that you had 2 pairs of large wings. There was a slight pain as your bones shifted and making way for a new body part, your wings protruded from your back and the colour of the feathers seem to remind you of someone close to you.

Your outfit was that of a shadow warrior and you held a large sword in your left hand, you looked at your reflection using the blade. You looked at your face and tears streamed down your face when you remembered your brother, EXO and your friends. You've done nothing but give them trouble, how could you have done this to them? 

A feral, animalistic snarl ripped through your vocal chords as the black void that enveloped you shattered like glass and everything became white with light, you started to remember everything, you saw everything that's been happening to your friends ever since you were in coma. Your heart broke when you saw Suho and your brother crying so much after Rayne had entered the room and announced that your soul no longer resides in your body.

Your vision shifted and you saw a woman wearing a gold-scaled mantle kneeling beside your empty shell and 2 handsome guys standing on each side of the crystal table, holding crystals that contained blue flame. Suddenly, you were beside Xiumin who had been so depressed that he had locked himself inside his room and refused to step outside.

You called out his name. 'Minseok...! Minseok...! I'm here, why can't you see me?' you pleaded in agony. You wished someone could see you right now, so that you could tell them that you're here. An idea struck you as you flew to the chamber where your body was kept Why didn't I just go back to my own body? You passed through the metal doors like they were made of air.

Rayne was there and she perked up when she felt your presence, she couldn't see you but she knows where you are as she looked at the place where the air was thickened with your presence. 'I can feel it, she's here. Right beside Caius.' the woman nodded in understanding and everything stopped moving as she stood up. She walked towards you and you held your sword up in defense.

'Calm down, you. I'm Mina, the Pisces Avatar and I'm not a threat.' you lowered your sword and tilted your head in confusion. 'You can see and talk to me? How did you do that? Why can't the others see me?' Mina pointed towards the mantle that she was wearing. 'The Mantle allows me to commune with souls, it can help me to guide them back to their bodies safely. It also allows me to see into the future as well. Your friends cannot see or feel you because they do not have the gift of death or the necessary equipment to communicate with you in your soul form.' she stated.

'Can you help me back to my body? I know the Titans have been rebelling, I can feel it.' 'I cannot help you unless you fix the bridge that connects you to your brother and Pollux, they are broken and that is the only way you can return to your body. I will open a pathway to your mind but only for a while before it snaps. Remember that whatever happens, you must have faith or you will never wake up again because The Mantle has a cooldown of 3 years before it can be used again.' Mina instructed and a gate opened.

You hesitated but you jumped in anyway, you would've fallen onto a pile of skulls if you hadn't flapped your wings in time and cushioned your fall. Everything around you was dark except for the hooded statues holding torches of greenish-pink flame, you wandered around the large hall and there was a tunnel that lead to somewhere else.

You treaded with extra caution, afraid if there were traps littering in this old ruin. Once you reached the end of the tunnel, again you saw large statues arranged in a semi-circle formation. There were statues of a man with ram horns, holding a spear and ready to strike from above with his wings opened, a man with large bull horns with a battle axe trying to chop his enemy down. The seventh statue of a man with a sword and his double cape flowing behind him as he was about to attack from above looked familiar to you but you couldn't remember who it was.

Then it dawned on you that they were the avatars in their battle form and you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter