The 12 Labors of Heracles (VI)-Stymphalian Birds

Demigod : Children of Power
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The horses trotted after a long distance, they eventually stopped and came to rest. These horses weren't the normal and ordinary that you usually see, their attributes were increased and they were faster although they are nothing compared to the fire steed. You were heading west and it was already 1 AM in the morning, your eyes could barely open as you reached the beach.

Suho said that camping here would be best so that you can replenish your energy since everyone was so tired from trying to keep awake along the journey and keep a lookout for dangers. You hopped down the black stallion and tied it to a tree nearby, Chanyeol had lit up a bonfire and Alizarin had speared some fish after asking for Poseidon's permission.

D.O then used the fish and grilled it over the fire. No one said anything because you guys were too tired to even open your mouth and speak. After eating your fish, you strolled along the shoreline and enjoying the sea breeze that felt soothing. You heard a series of footsteps behind you but you didn't bother to look at the owner of the footsteps. You just wanted some time alone.

'Are you really not going to look at me?' the bass-like voice asked. 'I don't need to look at you to know that it's you Kris. What do you want?' you asked tiredly as you continued to walk. Kris who was frustrated that you're not giving him the attention he wants, hugged you by the waist and took off to the sky as you thrashed in his grip.

'Put me down Kris!!' you shouted. He complied and released you but you held onto him because you're at the same level of the first layer of the clouds. It's a long drop down and you didn't wanna die early. Kris chuckled at your reaction and brought you up to his level. 'Why are you doing this to me?!' you gritted your teeth.

'Firstly, because I'm the only one who can do this to you. And secondly...' he sighed and apologized. 'I'm sorry.' you were puzzled. 'For what?' he stared into your eyes. Your face was beautiful with the faint glow of the moon, Kris was sure that with the brilliant, golden glow of the sun, you'd look even more radiant.

A beauty that was comparable even to that of a child of Aphrodite.

He took a deep breath and continued where he left off 'I'm sorry for this.' and you felt his lips molding with yours. He pressed even harder, wanting you to feel how much he felt for you. That one feeling that he only felt for you and no one else.

Love.

Artemis watched from the veranda of her palace, she saw her son kissing you and she was taken aback but she smiled. She was happy that her son could finally shed off his cold exterior and finally found someone who could love him for what he is. Eros skipped happily into her view and asked 'I did a great job didn't I?' Eros said proudly.

Artemis eyed him 'Eros, if you don't get out of my quarters this instant, I'll have you sent to the Underworld!' she picked up her bow and aimed at him,the wolves grolwed along with their mistress' annoyance. Eros backed away slowly with his palms up 'Ok, ok! Just wanna let you know that your son's gonna get some competition because he's not the only one who fell in love with your niece!' and he took off as fast as his wings could carry him before Artemis actually shot him.

Artemis knew that Kris will have competitors but seeing him so happy with you made her feel at peace, she gave her son her blessing and she was sure that he would notice it. The moon glowed brighter and the stars twinkled like diamonds, dotting the sky. Kris broke away and looked at the sky before him.

He smiled and faced you 'Mother gave us her blessings.' he reached up like he was trying to reach for something. A star flew down and into his hands, it glowed a slight blue and turned into a necklace with a moon-shaped, aquamarine pendant. It seemed reactive towards the moonlight as you felt replenished, not feeling a slight hint of fatigue at all. Kris flew down and set you down gently on the ground, he placed a kiss on your forehead before he went to sleep by the bonfire.

You walked towards Rayne and sat down beside her, 'I saw your father when I almost died. You resembled him a lot.' you stated as you poked at the bonfire. 'Thanks, mum said I took after him a lot. But I've never met him my entire life.' you felt so sorry for her but then again, you never sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter