The 12 Labors of Heracles (VII)-Cretan Bull

Demigod : Children of Power
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time flew by and it was night again, Minyoung sat in her seat restlessly. She couldn't sleep and so is Alizarin. Alizarin had insomnia but Minyoung had an uneasy feeling for the next labour. Chen hasn't slept yet so she limped over to him who sat beside Paula, she was reading a grimoire her mother--Hecate had given her.

'Can't sleep?' Chen smiled and asked. 'Yeah, I've got a really bad feeling about the next labour and about you. Do you know anything about her because she's been acting rather suspicious lately and Baekhyun is either being oblivious about it or he's really good at hiding secrets.' she said.

Chen pondered for a while and he began to feel the same way as she does, Baekhyun has been hiding secrets from them too by the way he always acts like a blur. 'I thought so too, he's been really quiet which is so not him.' Paula who had been reading overheard their conversation and joined in as well with Alizarin 'I can try a spell to reveal what is unseen, should I give a go?'

Alizarin had a worried look plastered on her face as she spoke 'You can have a go but I fear that the spell's requirements will be dangerous  as we speak.' Paula smiled and reassured the younger female 'Here it says the caster needs only a telepath, in this case which is Luhan, 4 drops of Lernaean Hydra poison, 4 Stymphalian feathers and Ceryneian antlers.'

She continued reading it and her brows knitted together as she read, Chen was beginning to feel uneasy as he looked around at the sleepin passengers. 'And we need someone else who can read the language of the dead, any idea who can read Styx?' Minyoung looked around and pointed towards a sleeping Rayne by the window, her pale skin appeared even paler than she already is.

'I don't know if she'll even agree to this and so is Luhan!' Alizarin panicked. Chen smirked as he watched Luhan's sleeping figure twitched and mumbled your name in his sleep 'He'll agree to everything when it comes to her, he doesn't know that I know that he fell in love with the radiant daughter of Apollo.'

'What about Rayne? She will definitely not agree to this .' Minyoung sighed. 'She has to, we don't have any choice!' Paula exclaimed. 'Alizarin, try to convince Rayne to help us. You too, Chen.' Minyoung said as she gathered up all the items needed for the ritual that was gathered at the storage room of the private jet.

Chen went to Luhan and shook him gently, he woke up for a while and grumbled when he saw Chen. 'What is it...?' he mumbled as he closed his eyes. 'I need your help.' 'Go away, I need sleep.' he shooed Chen with a hand motion. Chen sighed mentally, he didn't want to bring up the subject about you but Luhan's refusal to cooperate gave him no choice.

'It's about you.' he stated flatly and Luhan's eyes shot open at your name. 'Explain.' Luhan eyed his brother. 'Don't you think she's been acting weird enough lately? She and Baekhyun haven't been themselves, don't you wanna know what's going on?' Luhan was weighing his options but he did not know what to choose.

'If you help me, you'll get to date you. If you don't, well, get ready to face Baek's wrath and the others jealousy.' his face darkened at the end of his sentence. Luhan glared at him as he spat through his teeth 'How could you?! You're blackmailing me because I loved her in secrecy?! This is outrageous!'

'You'll deal with more of this when I tell them one by one. Let's see... Hmm... Maybe I should tell Sehun, then Kai, Kris--' he tapped his chin as he continued. Luhan sighed as he gave in to his offer 'Alright! Fine! What would you have me do?'

As soon as the needed items were gathered, Paula went to the room where you were sleeping beside Suho. Chen stuck 4 Stymphalian feathers in a sequence of the elements, Minyoung came back with the antlers she took off of a sleeping Kris and the bottle of glowing purple Lernaean poison.

Everyone was ready but Alizarin reported that Rayne refused to cooperate, Paula had no choice but to use a spell on her to obey her every word. As she flipped through the pages, she noticed that 2 pages has been torn out. As she checked the contents, she gasped in horror. One belonged to a love spell and the other, was to cast a spell on a person doomed to die a horrible death.

Paula was angry at whoever did this but she decided to investigate later as she focused to the task at hand, she casted a spell on Rayne and her eyes became blank, subjected to the power of Paula's spell like a zombie.

She placed the antlers on Luhan's head and let the poison drip onto the feathers as she recited a spell from the thick, leather-bound book.

'On these feathers I offer thee, the poisonous blood of the beast. Show me what I seek, do not fail and disappoint me.'

The antlers glowed a dark red with the feathers and an apparition appeared as Rayne spoke in an ancient language that not even Paula understood. As it took it's form, Luhan whispered to Chen 'She looks like you!'

The striking resemblance shocked everybo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter