Lie

Make it Real

“Mam!” Bohyun shouted. She dropped the hot cup of espresso she made and rushed to her old master who has flopped badly after chasing Sulli.

“They took Baby Ming!” Hasun wailed. She could not move from falling so hard, the nanny helped her to stand up.

“I’m sorry Mam. She ordered me some coffee that’s why I left baby Ming with her. I wasn’t aware of her intention at all. I’m sorry Mam." Bohyun kept bowing, feeling guilty. She had to apologize for her fault.

It was early lunch when Luhan sent Juniel back home. Right out of the gate, she ran off to her bedroom to see her son. “Baby I’m home!” She called out after opening the door. No one was there, only toys that were scattered around. She looked down the crib, still messy. Normally, Bohyun had clean up the room before watching TV with Baby Ming. Strangely, Juniel felt her heart suddenly skipped a beat. “Baby Ming? Unnie?” She went out to look after them “Baby Ming!” Perhaps they were with her mother so she went straight to her mother’s room.

“Mama.” Juniel found her mother lying flat on her queen sized-bed, looking in pain. “Oh no. What happen?” Her heart sank as soon as she saw her mother in there with Bohyun. She went to her mother’s side checking on her.

“Mingook.” As soon as her mother opened , she sensed something wrong happened to them while she is away. And it scares her to listen. Her mother was powerless, far from her strong protective lioness self.

“Mama are you okay? Where’s my son?” She asked much worried now.

“Sulli. She went here earlier. She took away our Mingook.”

“Huh?” Her hands flew covering , utterly shock. “No.” Teardrop rushed down after hearing it.

“She showed me a picture of you with Luhan. Please, tell me it’s not true.”

“Mama.” Juniel gasped at the thought of Sulli might have chased them in the park.

“They’ll use it against us. I’m scared to lose my grandson. Do something my daughter, please tell them it’s not true.”

Broken down by the fact that her precious son was stolen, much worst was even her mother prompted her to lie. Juniel was overcomed by another surge of trouble. Her motherly instinct urged her to retrieve her son any where else. Unable to think properly, her impulse was telling her to go to CFG to seek help from her sons's father Minho. She knew he is the only one who can understand her and defend her from his sister.

Juniel stepped into CFG building for the first time in her life. Awkwardness kicks in as she explores her husband’s workplace. She was not familiar with the building’s map so she had to ask some assistance from the reception desk. “Good afternoon Mam. Excuse me.” She greeted the receptionist so polite that she almost forgot her standing.

“Yes. Good afternoon. What can I do Miss?”

“Mam, where’s Mr. Choi Minho’s office?”

“May I ask your name first and your purpose of visit?” The receptionist was looking presentable with her formal office attire and little strict on her gesture.

“I-I’m Choi Juniel Mam. I want to talk with him.” Just with few questions, stresses her out.

“Wait for a moment.” The receptionist had contacted her boss’ secretary and was informed that Minho was holding a general meeting.

“I’m sorry Mam but he can’t handle any transaction now. You may return tomorrow.”

“Mam. I really need to talk with oppa, this is important. Please.” Juniel begged the woman.

“Oppa?” The receptionist checked Juniel from head to toe. She judged her look so plain and haggard. How dare she to call the CFG vice president in informal way. “I’m sorry Mam but I can’t grant your wish as of the moment.”

“Please Mam. I’m his wife. I want to talk with him about our son please.” She begged her politely.

It surprised the receptionist. “So you’re Mrs. Choi Junhee?” Although, Juniel’s look was not standing out, the girl’s demeanour was screaming honest. With Juniel’s watery eyes and determination, she got her sympathy. The receptionist led the girl to the waiting area where she can meet her husband there.

The general meeting was called to amend primarily the statute of CFG Banks and elect of the newest manager. CEO Monghee was present but it was VP Minho who preside the meeting among the general managers. The conference started at 1 o’clock pm and was still ongoing. Minho’s secretary barge into the meeting when she got a chance to disturb him. ‘Sir, Mrs. Choi Junhee was at the waiting area. She wants to talk with you.”

‘Why?” Juniel’s unexpected visitation confused Minho. Unfortunately, he was busy during that time. “Tell her to go home. We still have meeting.”

“Yes Sir.”

The secretary relay the response too much of Juniel’s dismay. “It’s okay. I’ll wait here.” 

“Are you sure Mam? I’ve no guarantee what time it will ended.”

“I’m fine. Don’t worry.” Juniel answered. She wishes to talk with him as soon as possible. She was too worried of Mingook’s current state as the baby does not drink commercial bottled milk. He was probably hungry now she thought.

Alone in the waiting room, Juniel waited for hours and hours patiently. The sun had already set, her eyes were heavy and stomach empty. She decided to lie down on the soft sofa, closing her eyes momentarily until she fell asleep.

To be continued…