Delivery

Make it Real

"Unni, where is Luhan oppa? Please tell him to drive me to Independence Park. I’ll be waiting upstairs." She commanded Bohyun. Juniel’s belly became huge and heavy that she always feels uncomfortable walking up straight.

"Luhan went off to visit his sick mother, he told me." Bohyun said.
“Ohh.” Juniel showed dismayed as seen on her face. She was actually excited on a walk with him today.
Juniel’s expression gave an impression on Bohyun. She knew that Luhan is like an older brother to her boss but not until she witnessed their closeness recently and it alarmed Bohyun somehow. She had suspected that the girl was falling for their driver, unaware of it. Having infatuation is not a problem but the thing is Juniel is married and it will make an impact for sure if Minho found out. Luhan makes her laugh while Minho had no time for her. He knew it but only feels sorry for her as he was more engulfed in work than doing his duty as a husband. Indifferent with Luhan, this young man understand that the girl really needs emotional connection with someone especially during her struggle. She was so young and raw for being a soon-to-be mother and Minho had given her an incredible amount of responsibility.

“Junhee be careful.” Bohyun warned her

“Why Unnie?”  She wondered.

“I mean, on your pregnancy, you are set to give birth this month. I don’t think you are allowed to go anywhere this often."

"You're right.” Juniel had to be reminded. She was obviously getting restless and gloomy recently and Luhan is the only person who can rescue her from it.

Some JSB customer had difficult in accessing their accounts after an IT migration. The online banking refuses to accept the login details that made the customers unsatisfied at the service. Charman Minho released an apology letter via sns and promised to fix it immediately. He hired an IT expert to identify the problem and formed a team that will work on the solution. In the middle of meeting, Minho’s cellphone beeped. It was Aunt Hasun who texted him. He lowered the tone earlier so it will not produce any disturbance during the brainstorming but he needed to read the message. Minho was aware that Juniel’s delivery is on due and had intention to witness it by himself. His mind was completely in chaos with left and right company issues and a wife who is set to labor.

Juniel felt a strong cramping under her belly, it caused her extreme discomfort. “Oppaaaaa!” She shouted out loud, as a sharp ache travelling across her back and abdomen to her pelvic. It was actually more painful than she expected.

“Mama where’s he?” Juniel kept calling him. Hasun was in panic at the side, they were all waiting for Minho. Initially, the mother had proposed that cesarean is good for Juniel, fearing her daughter could not be able  to endure the pain of natural method. But Minho rejected the idea and chose the water birth instead. It is a process of giving birth in a tub of warm water as it is more relaxing and less painful.

Juniel was already in labor for almost three hours now, three hours of excruciating pain, she could hardly stay in a single position. “Oppa. Where’s Minho oppa, Mama?” She asked her mother again and again, with a nervous sound, her eyes had been cover with tears and sweat all over her body. Hasun embraced her daughter, trying to remove all the pain she is bearing.

“Fighting my daughter, you can do it.” The tub was already half-full with warm water, filled by a midwife who will assist Juniel.

Meanwhile, Minho excused himself from the meeting discussion after sharing his thoughts. He hurried up so that he could catch up Juniel’s delivery.

Luhan had heard Juniel’s cry far from the kitchen and bolt in to the master’s room. He wanted to boost up her energy then. Juniel’s face brightened up as she saw Luhan being there. She was constantly calling Minho but the young man once again saved her from distress.

“Juniel, stay calm okay?” He asked her.

“Thank you.” She smiled even if her face turned dark-red with all the unbearable aches. The young boy felt it and somehow needed to comfort her.

“Mam, it’s time to get into the tub.” Said by the midwife.

Juniel nodded. She needed to be undressed and so her midwife assisted her. Luhan unintentionally saw it, it was his first time to see the girl’s private parts after the bra fell. Her s and s size were doubled. The young man blushed as he could not move away his eyes from the young girl’s cleavage. She was only seventeen but her body was already full. Hasun noticed that and got surprised. It was not appropriate for this man to watch this scene and so she scolded him.

“What are you doing here Luhan? Get out!” Mrs. Hasun commanded the driver.

“Huh! I’m sorry Mam.” Luhan apologized, unaware of what he did. He rushed out the door and closed it.

Hasun sighed. She had saved her daughter from that young man’s lustful eyes before the fell off her daughter’s skin. The mother would not let her daughter get humiliated as the pain was already too much for her.

Juniel stepped into the bath tub and drenched there, feeling the warm water half—way through. She rested her head on the side of the tub, while trying the technique of breathing.

Minho quickly ran to the room after parking his car, impatient to see his baby. He entered the room greeting everyone. “I’m here.”

He saw Juniel there at the side of a round tub that was mainly for water birth purpose. She was more relaxed now unlike earlier. Minho then quickly removed his shoes and went closer to Juniel. He tapped her shoulder, assessing her status.

“How are you feeling?” He asked her gently.

“Not okay.” Juniel had to admit, it was actually Minho’s fault seeing the young girl in such state. He knew it will be so hard for the young flesh to bear the labor contraction. Compare to Luhan, Juniel’s reaction when Minho arrived was flat. She knew he was only excited for the baby.

“Don’t worry. I will help you."

Minho plunged himself, fully-clothed into the waterbirth tub and pulled Juniel on him. He was trying his best to help Juniel to fight this labor battle, this will somewhat ease her pain. Juniel got moved with Minho's chivalrous act. He cuddled her as he laid his hands around her chest. He saw Juniel’s s were leaking milk, prepping for feed. He asked the midwife to reach the clean towel to him as he planned to wipe it. Juniel could feel the warm of Minho’s touch around her bosom, as he brushed away the milk dripping from it. His support and encouragement heightened during that moment as she needed it so badly. She was aware of the people seeing them in such scene but she did not felt a slight of embarrassment. The special attention he was giving her at this moment is priceless.

Bohyun who had just entered the room, witnessed it. It was so great to see the couple together and it amazed her. Seeing Minho helping Juniel in such a manner, she thought that there is still hope remaining between them. This scene had touched everyone in the room particularly Hasun who had became so doubtful to Minho these past months. She thought she had chosen the wrong son-in-law well except today.

They said giving birth is a like 50-50 situation for the woman in labor and it is quiet true. The cries coming from Juniel’s mouth were loud so unusual to hear from a soft-spoken girl “Ouchhhhh” as she felt the pain intensified.

“Shh” Minho clearly saw her struggles, tightening his grip on her. He gave her a sweet gentle kisses around her neck. Her head nestled on his wide chest, she was able to get some strength from those little kisses he were making.

“Oppa. I can’t do this.” Juniel’s cried almost surrendering, she felt like her body is shaking, bursting out and tearing apart. Minho understood and planted another kiss on Juniel’s lips to hush her.

“Keep pushing.” The midwife commanded. Juniel cooperated and so she sighed a heavy deep breath, while Minho kept her belly.

It works! Juniel suppressed moans as she kept trying to push the baby out. Suddenly, a gush fell from her womanhood, it was the water breaks. The midwife saw it from the clear water within, she asked Minho to touch that part and he did. It was the baby’s head! Minho got excited, knowing his baby was already in its way out. He then encouraged Juniel more to try her best, during the descent phase. Juniel had screamed again for the nth time, she could already feel the baby leaving her body. The midwife advised her to pause, as she will help the baby to move out, she pulled the baby carefully. With a quick move, the baby was pulled out of the water and cried. Minho being the first time father, was all overwhelmed. It was a glorious and splendid moment as his long awaited wish happed.

“It’s a boy!” The midwife exclaimed with the screaming baby. Everyone in the room were overjoyed by the sight of the baby. They celebrated the fact that a new Choi is born, an heir to  lead their growing business empire in the future. Hasun was teary eyed out of gladness, as she turned to a grandmother. Bohyun at besides, congratulated the glad woman with a hug.

Juniel was kind of dead beat after of four hours of pushing. She released a heavy satisfying sound as her labor was ended. Like Minho, she felt happiness but felt her body crashed after delivering a 10 lbs baby. She smiled, so exhausted, while he kept holding her, as the midwife tried to cut the umbilical cord, separating the baby from its mother.

“Are you okay now?” Minho asked Juniel, all smiling, being grateful to her that she was able to deliver a healthy baby.

Juniel nodded, putting a cute smile on her face after seeing her oppa genuinely happy.  He used to be really serious these past days, and it was her first time to see such smile again coming from him. “How is our child?”

“He is healthy Juniel. Thank you so much.” Minho answered and gave her another kiss, this time on her head. His son was carried nine months from this tiny girl, it was not easy but she braved the odd. He carried her tired body to the bed and went to get his baby after the midwife cleaned him.

“Do you already have a name for your baby, Minho?” Hasun asked him smiling. She wanted to propose a name but the baby already has it prior on this.

“Yes. It’s Mingook. Choi Mingook.” Minho answered looking so complete and satisfied while cradling his son.

Mingook means “Independence”. He needed to save the baby from the controllment of their family as opposed on how they were raised particularly Juniel. Like him, the boy must grow self-supporting, autonomous that he must not inherit the traditional custom of Choi family. Minho could not take his eyes off his son the moment he saw him. The baby is like a querubin sleeping quietly on his arms. Like Juniel who had fallen asleep after giving birth, the baby looks so fragile and vulnerable. He promised to himself that he will protect Mingook and mold him to be as good as he is in all aspect.  

To be continued…