Away

Make it Real

  

Luhan took Juniel to the Seodaemun Park. A lot of tourists were going there to see the historical place. He led her towards the statue of Seo Jaepil and they sat down beneath the momument.

“You remember when you’re still pregnant? I always bring you here.”

“Yes.” Juniel answered. As she spoke, he noticed her sweet smile has gone.

“I want you to reminisce all the happy moments with me. Forget about him.” He was determined to erase Minho’s memory in her. Juniel refused to response. It was an easy advice but it is so difficult to do. The breakup is traumatic for her as she had no idea how to start life again. She had to focus her attention more to her son now at this crucial time. Suddenly, she found herself in a dark room with no light coming through.

“You have to allow yourself to fall and be happy again. I’m here Juniel, I love you.” Luhan sensed desperation lingers inside hers, he had to wash away those negativity. He looked straight to her eyes, holding her left hand and spoke with all sincerity “I’m not as wealthy as him but I can give what he can’t. Just allow me to?”

Juniel saw the truthfulness in his words and felt overwhelmed by that. A thing she never experience with her husband. She loves him as a genuine person, whether he is poor or not. But she is not ready to jump into new relationship.

“Oppa…I…” She hesitated to say.

He threw him a confusing look “What?”

How would she say it without hurting him she thought. “I adore you but can we still be friend for now?” She told him nicely, trying to avoid hurting him.

“What do you mean?”

“I’m in love with you, it’s true. But it feels empty.”

“Stop distracting yourself for thinking about him.”

“But it’s seem so hard to get over so easy.” She begged him for some time to recover. It is obvious that after everything she went through, she is still in love with Minho.

Jealousy lingers inside Luhan, he immediately gave her warm embrace.

“Calm down Juniel. You can do it. You’re right we can’t rush things. I’ll wait then.”

“Thanks Oppa. Thanks for understanding me.”

It was a perfect moment to take, Sulli was on her car 20 meters away from them. She pointed the camera at the lovers and tap on it while giggling “Great!” Her iPhone XS was the finest camphone with HDR, capturing greater detail in the photo. She turned the car with her phone raised on her ear. She called her mother to report what she had found.

“Ma you know what? I’ve discovered something amazing today. Haha.”

“What’s that Sulli? Where are you now?”

“I’m here in Seodaemum Park.”

“What are you doing there? I thought you’re busy writing your thesis.”

“You know Ma, I think Minho oppa will win full custody of his son singlehandedly.”

“Wait, What do you mean?!”

“I saw Juniel hooking up with our driver, Luhan. It was disgusting honestly.”

“What? Are you crazy?”

“I’m not. You heard it right Ma. I got evidence.”

Sunhwa was totally in shock and speechless, could not believe what she had just heard.

“Now I know why Minho oppa fired Luhan from his job and the reason he drove Juniel back to her mother. Oppa is surely disgusted at their low-profile affair.”

Sunhwa could not believe it as she knew Juniel to be the least person in the family who will get involved in infidelity. She was totally horrified and greatly offended by this news.

Sulli dropped the phone and proceed to her next plan. Now that she confirmed it, her next move is to save Mingook from this scandal. The child may have been suffering from the embarrassment his mother is creating. Adultery is ground for divorce and a great reason to send a child straight to his father. Sulli knew Minho will win the case and that Juniel and her possessive mother can do nothing about it. Sulli smirked at the thought of seeing them looking miserable especially that spoiled brat, Juniel.

Hasun was busy talking with the private lawyer about the divorce process. She was urged to ask her daughter to file a petition by herself, stating incompatibility as a ground. As for winning sole custody, Minho’s lack of involvement can be considered too.

Sulli entered Hasun’s house recklessly, bolting straight to Juniel’s room where she can find her nephew.

“Mam Sulli.” Bohyun was surprised seeing her former employer there. She was playing blocks with the 20 pounds baby Mingook on the floor. “Baby Ming, your aunt is visiting you.” Bohyun introduced Sulli to her nephew. The baby was so adorable to watch, smiling and crawling on the floor.

It is a good chance for her to take the baby as Juniel was not around. “Can you make espresso coffee, Bohyun? I want to drink that.”

“Are you sure Mam? I’m not good in making espresso. But hmm…”

“Just get one. Do faster!” As usual, Sulli is so demanding, she knew Bohyun is not as a good as her chef. Anyway, she obeyed. 

“Okay Mam. I’ll be back.” It agitated her to think that she has no idea how to prepare it.

Sulli went down to the baby and spoke gently. “Baby Ming come to Aunt Sulli. You behave okay?” The baby naively follow her order, he came to her arms silent unknowing of her intention. Now that Baby Ming is in his 8th months, his resemblance with his father is stronger than before. Sulli kissed her nephew for the first time since baptismal. She had to take him now or else her Aunt Hasun will catch her. Sulli carried Mingook carefully while stepping the ladder. Her movement was quiet on the way down. Unfortunately, when she was reaching the exit door Aunt Hasun paused her plan.

“Sulli?”

She was caught. She stopped and looked back to face the old woman who just came out of the office.

“Hi Auntie. Am I unwelcome?”

“Of course you are welcome. But what are you doing here?”

She went closer to her niece and noticed her carrying Baby Mingook. It made the old woman suspicious on the purpose of her visitation.

“I’m here taking my nephew.”

“Taking where?”

“To my brother.”

“You’re fool. Give me back my grandson.” Aunt Hasun was unforgiving when it comes to her son-in-law. She did not gave him permit even a glimpse of baby Ming.

“Oh really? So what about this?”

Sulli shown the photo of Luhan and Juniel’s intimate moment to her auntie and shove it in her.

“What is-”

“This? This is the picture of your daughter with your driver, Luhan. They are lovers!”

“It can’t be?”

“Yes! You can’t believe you’re angelic girl can do that? She’s adulterer.”

Sulli broke off confrontation and flew away. She sped up her steps and ran faster.

Juniel. A loving mother’s spirit crushed seeing that kind of picture. She rebuked herself for believing on that, remembering the way she raised her. It took Hasun some minutes to go back to her senses. ”No! Guard!” Hasun ran after Sulli. “Bring back my grandson!” But with her age, was unable to catch them. The shortness of breath after running sent her weakly knees on the ground. She cried out “Baby Ming!”

To be continued…