Humility

Make it Real

“Let’s stop this. We just make each other’s life miserable. Will you?” Minho said this in exasperation, giving up. Juniel was obviously unsatisfied with this kind marriage life she came into. Their personalities clash arising enigmatic tension between them. How a frail girl had turned him into a violent man now? He detests all of these. He felt like every good thing he had done was pointless. All he could decide now is to cut off this tie so he could break away from the inner demon bogging him ever since he entered this arrangement. He thought that is more damaging if they will pursue this marriage just for her benefit.

Juniel had tried to absorb his remark with a tangled mind. Her body was hurt and gasping out of torment. His statement before he left her just added fuel to the fire.

Bohyun ran to the office room where she heard a thunder-like commotion therein. The door was wide open and there she could see Juniel on the table, curling up her weakened body. “Juniel!” She called her. “What happen?” She rushed towards the young master.

“O-oppa.” She mumbled the answer with tears b her eyes.

“What did he do to you?”Asked by the housemaid, showing great concern.

Juniel was overwhelmed by the fight, she could not respond calmly.

“Just tell me, I wanna know.” Then Bohyun saw the mark across Juniel’s cheek. It looks painfully sharp that it left a bright red color on her face. “He hit you?”

“He was so mad at me Unnie.” She confessed with her voice trembling.

“I can’t believe he had done such thing.” Bohyun embraced her out of sympathy. She had known Minho since he was young boy but his tendency could be really rooted down to his issue.

The woman assisted Juniel to the master’s bedroom where she could calm herself. She was struggling as Minho had taken all the energy from their fight. When they reached the room, Juniel saw her Baby Mingook lying down on his crib, playing a finger puppet that she made for him. He was too young to defend her and too naïve to see this mess. “Are you hungry now baby?” She asked him trying to hide her misery. The baby looks straight to his mother’s face seems like he comprehends his mother’s situation.

Bohyun held Juniel in her arm “Your baby knows what your feeling right now.”

“I’m sorry.” She apologized to the baby. She took him gently out of the crib to give him a feed. If Minho really mean to divorce her what will happen to Baby Ming? It is the question Juniel had been asking herself. Minho loves Mingook so much that he will not let Juniel take him as he said it earlier.

Meanwhile, Minho went straight to CFG building to cool-down his temper. His anger subsided when he saw Chansung was there visiting him.

Hi bestfriend. Long time no see.” Chansung greeted his buddy with a cheerful smile.

“Hi.” Minho was not ready to be friendly at this moment but his friend’s vibe somewhat helped him to recover his self. He bought an air duster to the office where he could dry up his laptop.

“What’s new Minho? You seem not in good mood today.”

“Very much. My childish wife just spilled a hot coffee on this precious thing.”

Hahaha she did that?!” Chansung laughed, thinking how Juniel did such silliness. Minho’s laptop is valuable as the company itself, it stores all the important documentation relating to CFG.

“I hit her.” He added, Minho’s non-joking tone puzzled Chansung.

“What? Did I hear it right?”

“Yes. I normally ignore woman’s outburst but today, it isn’t her day. She had tasted my wrath.”

“Seriously Minho?”

“I almost went to file a divorce if not with our son.”

“You’re cruel. How could you do such thing to her?”

“I was wondering too. I never did this to any girl…except her.” Minho lowered his head, obviously upset with himself. He had crossed the line as he turned abusive to his defenseless wife.

“What is her mother’s reaction?”

“I don’t know. I’m quietly preparing myself for that if ever she found out.” His statement made his bestfriend open-mouthed in disbelief. Minho was actually determined to free Juniel from this arrange marriage if it will make her satisfied. “She’s in love with Luhan.”

“Your driver?”

“Yes. I personally think she doesn’t fit him and advise her to focus on our child instead but she’s stubborn.”

“Do they have a relationship? Or he is just a crush?” Chansung had seldom seen Juniel in few occasion but he already knows what type of girl she is. She is quite conventional as her mother Hasun raised her.

“She didn’t admit but I witness it myself.”

“So you’re jealous with Luhan?”

“Drop that!?” Chansung’s theory irritates Minho but he was obvious.

Ohhh I guess that really triggers you to hurt your wife. She’s interested at him.”

Minho was in denial for quite sometimes now. He knew Luhan would be a threat to this family that is why he fired him automatically. Juniel’s easy to get characteristic was partly his fault. He was an apologetic but sensitive for her as well.

“It’s scandalous to think that I’m married to her, while she’s having him.”

“You’re right but it’s not an excuse to hurt her Minho. She can use this reason to win full custody of your child if you will divorce her.”

Minho was fully aware of that law. He knew he violated Juniel’s right as a woman and a mother of his child. He was not afraid if Aunt Hasun will sue him, he can face the consequence. But his child is the one he is thinking of. He does not want to see Baby Ming being taken away from him, over his dead body! He will give a good fight if it is necessary.

“If I were you, I'll humble myself and go to Juniel for some forgiveness. If you can settle this thing in a nicer way, then there will be no problem.” Chansung told him.

It was a good advice; Minho needs to eat his pride in order to solve the conflict between him and Juniel. It was not his intention to hurt her, but he did. He must east his pride to win her back otherwise he will lose Mingook.

Juniel was physically and emotionally drained that she fell asleep while feeding. She did not notice Minho’s return as he quietly stepped into the room and closed the door. He saw her unconscious state with Baby Ming hanging on her belly. Fortunately, the couch is big enough to protect the baby from falling. He transferred his sleeping child back to the crib. Mingook’s angelic feature struck him every time. Juniel’s gene had dominated his baby’s complexion and behavior. She was basically a child when he married her. She was barely sixteen, dependent, and clueless about everything. She is entirely blameless on what is happening around her. Chansung is right. Minho had hurt her simply because he is jealous. Jealous that he could not afford what the driver can give her. It is not about the money or status, but it is the love she is searching for. Minho covered Juniel’s chest and carefully carried her to the bed. He brushed away her bangs and saw the mark still on her cheek. He touched it gently repenting at what he did. He pulled the cover up to her chest. His movements awaken her, she knew it was him before she open her eyes.

She got up “Oppa.” The terror he left in her was still there but she was able to face him.

Minho sat beside her and tapped her head. “I’m sorry for what I’ve done. I was just angry that’s why I said that.” He explained calmly.

“Are you quitting still?” She asked him, curious if he was determined to leave her.

“It’s up to you, if you think you’re not happy. Then…”

“What about our baby?”

Minho held her hand and caressed it “Same here Juniel. I’m thinking of him too.” The reality is they cannot go separate that easy “Tell me, what do you want? I’ll give anything to you.” He did this to compensate for his wrongdoings. He wanted her to stay because he needs her, his son needs her.

Juniel had no idea. If she will ask him to take Luhan back, Minho will definitely get mad again. She stared him in his eyes. The cold-hearted man she fought this afternoon is humbling himself, demanding her to stay. She put her arms around him and gave him a peaceful hug. Minho’s egotism is opposite of Juniel’s mildness. Though it clashes sometimes, their differences somehow complement each other. Minho returned Juniel’s tender embrace as a sign of reconciliation. He was grateful that she was able to forgive him after of what he did. He had promised then that he will not hurt her aanymore and will try his best to keep it.

To be continued…