Fire

Make it Real

Minho as a part-time CFG Vice President had created a sales analysis report for CFG, showing the trends occur in their company’s sales. He was thinking on how to improve their future sales by adjusting the prices and changing some of their services. Though his mind was occupied, he would always have space for his son. He then picked up the phone and dialed, Bohyun who was babysitting Mingook answered it.

“Hello, Bohyun. How’s my son? I’m calling Juniel but she’s not answering.”

“Sir I’m taking care of Baby Ming now. Juniel hasn’t back yet.”

“Why? Where did she go?”

“She’s with Luhan, they go on shopping.”

“Alone with Luhan?” The answer alerted him.

“Yes, Sir. She said she’ll go buy baby’s clothes.”

“Did Juniel feed the baby before she went out?”

“Not yet Sir, I’m already waiting for her before Baby Ming wakes up.”

Damn! Minho swore in anger. He hated the fact that Juniel was enjoying her time with Luhan, while leaving his son to their helper. It was only the other night when he requested her to focus on her job as a mother. Indeed she is just a teenager, easygoing and immature. It is not the right time to date as she needs to deal with the demands of motherhood. She was clearly not thinking of the consequence of her doings and it gave Minho some headache. That driver suddenly became a threat he supposed, so Minho decided to fire him before anything happen.

“You bought so many clothes. Are you putting up a children’s store or something?” Luhan joked, already complaining as he could not carry all the items Juniel had purchased for her baby.

She just laughed at him. Juniel was doing a shopping spree after she received her mother’s cash gift for Baby Ming. When they felt their stomach growling, the two sat down in a fast food chain along Seogyodong and she ordered Salsal Chicken. “Do you like it?” She asked him while watching him tasting the meal.

“Yes, it’s yummy.” Actually, it was Luhan’s first time eating food in an expensive Hongdae Store. “You have a good palate.” Knowing Juniel is a good cook too, he thought it was Juniel’s favorite.

“It’s my husband's favorite food. He always orders this meal for me. I don’t really eat fast foods until I tasted it, I love it.” She told him, while biting some piece.

“I see.” He used to believe that Minho is a cold-blooded husband, well not entirely.

"Do you love him?" Now he was curious about the answer. It was no doubt that Juniel is in-love yet it looks downright unrequited.

“Of course!” Juniel replied sincerely.

“But he doesn’t feel the same right?” She looked at him with a disappointing look, that question spoils her appetite suddenly. “I’m sorry.” Luhan looks sincere that she could not blame him for asking it.

Juniel face turned gloomy. She tried her best to get Minho’s attention but clearly, she is not his priority.

“He is busy. “ She answered him. She had no plan to disclose anything about Minho’s emotional status.

“You know if a man is in love, he’ll put you above everything.”

“Oppa, please…I don’t wanna talk about this thing.” She was obviously losing it. The sad reality is Minho was not giving her much attention as he is doing to their baby now. Sometimes, she felt like she is competing with Baby Ming without any chance of winning.

"Why do you have to stay in this relationship Juniel? If I were you, I'll leave him.” He asked her.

“But Oppa, It isn’t easy.”

It might be a bad advice but Luhan was already seeing enough suffering on her part.

“Our baby is still small. He’ll suffer If we'll quit.” Although Minho gave her that chance to find true love, this is not the right to do it as he told her.

Luhan agreed, the girl has a point. Juniel is like a sister already. So he really gets affected whenever he sees her sadness. She likes him as seen in her gestures but he never exploits this weakness of her, opposite of Minho. Out of pure concern, Luhan really did his best to enlighten her dark world. She is not deserving of this kind of treatment Minho is giving her.

Minho went home early carrying his decision to terminate Luhan’s contract with them. The innocent driver did not know what kind of fate he will have after arriving home.

“Luhan, Sir Minho is asking you to see him in his office.” Bohyun informed the man.

“Alright.” Luhan went upstairs right after receiving the order.

Minho then was converting the sales analysis into a visual concept. By drawing a line chart, it would show monthly sales performance clearly. He then heard the knock on the door and it was the driver.

“Good evening Sir.”

“Come in.” He told him in a serious tone.

Luhan entered, he could really see his boss meticulous nature by looking at the neatly arranged piles of documents he brought at home.

“Luhan I’m sorry to tell you but I’m terminating your contract.”

“What?! Sir...” Luhan’s eyes went big, dumbfounded at his employer’s abrupt decision. He was not able to sit down as Minho rushed it down.

“You heard it right. I’m so upset because of your closeness with Juniel. Haven’t you read that rule?”

A relationship between employer and employee is forbidden as it said in the contract but whatever he thinks is not true. “Wait Sir but I’m not violating anything.”

“Yes, you are.”

“How come?”

“Listen. I have to separate you two the mere fact that she’s my wife and we have a child. I don’t wanna see any man flirting and teasing around her in front of me. Whatever it is, your relationship must not anything other than employer-employee.”

Luhan got disheartened by his master’s decision. He was so innocent from the accusation. He believed that what he did is not a crime but only to help Juniel fighting her distress caused by none other than this man...Minho.

“You can now pack you things, Luhan.”

“Sir I don’t have any bad intention nor plan to steal her from you. Juniel is like a sister to me and nothing more.” Luhan confessed as his self-defense.

Now that Minho heard his side, he was convinced as he could read it in his gestures. "Good." However, he already has his decision. It is Juniel he was thinking about. The girl falls in love too easily as he experienced it himself. Not using her mind, she follows her heart wherever it sends her. Being the mother of his child, he would not allow the girl to explore this sensual side of her.

“She loves you, Sir. I can attest that. But you’re heart is closed. Juniel deserves more than that and I hope you won’t regret it later.“ Luhan bowed and walked away carrying a heavy heart after he lost his job.

To be continued...