Oblivious

Make it Real

"Mrs. Hasun wishes to demerge her enterprises from CFG if Minho and Juniel’s marriage ends in divorce. She’ll be removing all of our son’s right to claim shares from her business and property.” Monghee told his wife at the dinner.

“What is your decision then? You’re the chief executive, don’t tell me you’re going to allow it.” Sunhwa was all worried about CFG’s future. The plan of expanding it and its progress might cease if it happens.

“Of course not. I have the authority to decide. It’s only less than two years since the two companies coalesced. We’ll definitely lose great amount of assets and investments if it happens and I’ll do whatever I can do to prevent that.”

“We have to talk with them and fix this issue as soon as possible. I don’t want Mrs. Hasun to intervene in their marriage. Honey, please.”

“Has they filed for divorce yet?”

“No, neither of Minho. Unnie told me that her daughter remains silent about the issue. Minho is quiet too. He barely replies at my messages. I know there’s deeper reason behind the split and I wanted to know.”

“There’s still chance of getting back together. Let’s find out on what exactly is the main reason of their conflict. It can be personality differences or lack of intimacy? Or much worst infidelity. Is your son still seeing his ex, Yuri?”

“I haven’t heard anything from that woman after she flew back to U.S. last year.”

“Make sure of that. Third party is unwelcome in their marriage. Block these people who wish to tear them apart.” Monghee’s expression has never been serious. He was completely oblivious of Minho and Juniel’s current state if not with his business.

“Okay. I understand.” Sunhwa nodded.  

Later that afternoon, Mrs. Sunhwa received an unexpected resignation letter coming from his personal driver, Luhan. She opened the letter and saw the hand written font with full of gratitude. The young man simply wants to quit his job just to take care of his aging mother. It was a shallow reason from a long time employee she thought. She recalled how Minho sent Luhan back to her without any words. It cannot be due to his work as he gives his best in duty. There must be something with Luhan but who cares? Despite of her wonder, Sunhwa approved it. After all, she has no business dealing with reluctant workers.

Luhan’s involvement in Juniel’s marriage clearly violates the rules of his contract as an employee of the family. His guilty conscience was telling him to resign from the job before things escalates. He knew his well-being is at risk if ever the Choi family will find out.

It is already two weeks since she moved out from their residence, there is no communication with Minho ever since.

"Juniel, get up.”

“Mama?”

“Are you crying again?” Juniel tried to hide it but Hasun saw the marks of tears on her face. The old woman irked at the sight of it but her heart covers with pity seeing her daughter acting desperate. Obviously, the girl was missing her husband. “We will go to Incheon today and I don’t want you to look like that in front of Minho.”

“I’m sorry Ma.” Juniel answered politely, though panic crept inside. There is something in that meeting she wishes not to see. Hasun could not blame her Juniel for being so weak. Everything of this girl, reminds her of her origin and it shatters Hasun’s emotion as the adoptive mother.

“I've been calling them since then but it was only today that Monghee had responded. He affirmed Minho’s presence.” Hasun came closer “We’ll not bring Baby Ming there. I don’t want my grandson to see that man.” She continued “I will tell them my plan. We’ll go to U.S. and settle there for good."

Juniel closed her eyes and submit silently. Whatever the outcome of that meeting, probably it is for the betterment of their situation. Although she secretly hopes that the two of them will reconcile just for baby Ming.

On their way, to Monghee’s residence, Juniel’s android beeped. She checked her cellphone and It was a sms coming from Luhan.

Hi Juniel, I miss you. Let’s meet again. Just tell me when you are available okay?”

Luhan have fallen in love with Juniel knowingly she was married and has child. He felt pity and all sympathetic towards her and she likes him for being so thoughtful. However, it causes trouble. Luhan had stepped out of his job just for her. He was sacrificing his job and was determined to pursue her despite of the obstacle he might be facing. It is against the odds but he knew it. Minho cited all the possible consequences to Juniel. It will become difficult for them to deal with.

The family meeting was held in a large living area. The room is bright and stunning with matching white sofa sets. Monghee and Sunhwa was already there waiting for them. When they arrived, they greeted each other formally. Juniel being the daughter-in-law gave them polite kiss.

“Where is Minho?” Hasun asked impatiently.

“He’s on his way from a conference, Unnie.” Sunhwa answered.

“As usual.” Hasun reacted.

“We all knew the reason why we are here.” Monghee started right after they sat down on each massive chairs facing one another. “Mrs. Hasun I know you’re only concern of your daughter and baby Mingook. But let us first listen on both sides and hopefully, will help them fix the situation by themselves." He turned to the girl "Juniel, you know the effect of this separation with your son right?”

Juniel nodded to Monghee’s question.

“Okay. So tell us your problem. We are here to listen.”

But Juniel could not say it. The lack of affection is the key answer but it was his  relationship with Luhan that triggered Minho to treat her that way. This jealousy made him became more abusive and less respectul of her. Juniel was so afraid in revealing this to her in-laws. Her mother saw her dilemma and was there to save her.

“Monghee-shi, I gave Minho so much chances to explain his side but he isn’t willing. What’s the use of fixing the problem if your son isn’t here and has no intention to admit his fault? He’s not willing to be reconciled with my daughter. Actually, I decided that I will send Juniel and Mingook to abroad next month.”

“Huh?! Are you mad Unnie?” Sunhwa was taken aback by Hasun’s plan. The old woman was already dictating the young couple’s fate with her own words.

Monghee begged her “Calm down Mrs. Hasun. You don’t know what you’re thinking about.”

“I do. I lose my patience with your son. I gave him so many opportunities to show his worth but he fails.”

“But you can't simply separate JSB from CFG. I’m still the Optimum Chairman.”  

Monghee stated unalarmed by Hasun’s threat. His expression clearly showed his only interest, his JSB.

“Let them go to U.S. Pa., CFG can stand alone without JSB.” Minho cut in as he entered the room. This had silenced everyone particularly the already silent, Juniel. “You can do whatever you wish Auntie but I will ask the court for the custody of my son.” Minho’s gaze was clearly showing his indignation straight to his mother-in-law.

“How dare you?” Hasun’s blood rose quickly after hearing that. “So Impudent!” Boiling in frustration, Hasun was aware that her nephew will give her an uneasy legal fight.

“Yes Auntie. You can send Juniel to U.S. But you cannot bring Mingook with you. I’m his father.”

“Is this the payment of everything? I gave you all especially the one I dearly loved.” She turned her head to Juniel’s direction. “I only asked one favor.”

“Auntie, you’re just frustrated because your plans weren’t gone as you imagined. If you love Juniel, you hadn’t forced her to marry me.” Indeed, the girl married him upon her mother’s request. However, Minho believed that Juniel was only obedient to her mother and it was not real love that she felt at the beginning.

Juniel watched the two with tears sprouting out from her eyes. She moved slowly towards her mother, trying to calm her down as the old woman’s face reddens from anger. Although Hasun tried to control Juniel’s life, she knows it is her mother's way of love.

“Mama, calm down please.” The girl begged the old woman, giving her soothing hold.

“Are you sure Minho?” Asked by his father.

“No, my son. Give yourself some time to think. Divorce isn't a good solution.” Sunhwa asked trying to convince them. She knew it was just a simple marital problem, with only Hasun who was making it complicated for the couple.

Minho tried to ignore Juniel’s presence. She was sitting at the side looking at him but he did not even look back. Juniel’s poignant self affects him entirely, making him sad and regretful for both of them. Her frailty is the main reason why he needs to back out from this marriage. She needed to live her life happily without him and this damned contract.

“They can file divorce anytime. I will only sign the paper when it’s done. Now, if you may excuse me.” Minho bowed his head and left them after he told his wish. He had no plan to stay, nor allowing his mood to get ruined by his gracious aunt. He refused to file divorce himself as he knew Hasun will deliver that to him instantly. He was only concern about his son Mingook as of the moment.

Juniel’s heart torn apart, after hearing those words coming from his deep aversive voice. It was bidding farewell after of two years roller-coster married ride. She gulped every drop of melancholy after realizing it was over. Although she was involved in an affair, her love for Minho is still huge. She will never let a third-party enters this marriage only if Minho acknowledge her feelings for him. Juniel could not embrace the fact that it was all wasted now “Oppa.” A soft yearning coming from her after Minho faded from her sight. She tried to call him back but he was gone now.

“You don’t deserve him, Juniel.” Hasun embraced her as her daughter felt all lost. Minho did ignored her that means he is setting her free now. The person she tried to please is the same person who rejects her. What happened to her now is beyond her expectation. She could not understand how things went wrong when all she desires is to love and be loved by him.

To be continued…