Breathe

Make it Real

 

This must be a sigh of relief for Minho, but Juniel was giving him heck about it, seething with frustration and hurt. He peeked through the window and saw her carrying his son through out the gate. She must be happy now that finally he had set her free. His love for her is not that strong to hold on to yet he went bersek after he caught them with own his eyes. It was distressing to think that she chose to leave him because of that driver. No! He shut the ventilated window. She had chosen this doom so be it! He still has Mingook. He will file a divorce later on and will win his son back. He cannot imagine his son fathered by another man.

There was an amount of uncertainty on Juniel’s look as her face had been covered with dried tears. Her haste decision was made out of terror and yet there was a hint of hesitation in it. Her mind was in trouble, looking restless and totally blank. There was nothing the old Bohyun could do but to watch her behind. Juniel’s mind was full of him. It was not her intention to leave Minho, only to give him some space to reflect on his behavior but his last remark could be the end of their marriage? She blamed herself for that matter. She embraced her innocent baby Ming, asking for his patience. Minho was obviously mad tired of her that is why he set her free so easily.

“Calm down, please. I think you’d really made a good decision. He needs to learn his lesson.”

“Unnie, I’m afraid.”

“Afraid of what?”

“That he'll come up with a divorce and what will happen to our baby?”

“Don’t stressed yourself, It’s just an ordinary marital problem. Wait until the wound heals okay? For now, you need some rest.” 

It scares Juniel to think that her child has to deal with the aftermath of their separation. Moreover, she could not imagine that her relationship with Luhan could lead such trouble. 

Bohyun had seen the chaos on her. She was worried that Juniel might have a mental breakdown if she will not be able to cope up with this stress. When the taxi reached the front gate of Hasun’s house, the midnight security guard immediately contacted the landowner. Going back to her old house, was less nostalgic for Juniel. She proceeded to her bedroom quietly and sank herself on the bed as soon as she reached it. She released a loud sob with her shoulders still shaking in pain. Bohyun reached her and tapped her back to lighten the toil. It was really hard for her seeing the girl in a state like that.

When the old Hasun received the information that her daughter came in that late hour, she got up and quickly went to meet her. “Angel?!”

“Mama!”

Juniel rushed forward and embraced her mother. She could not stop herself from sobbing hard as her mother hugged her back. Seeing her mother will make her bit appease somehow.

“What’s wrong my darling?” She asked her, showing great concern. “Why did you come here at this time without informing me first?”

She gasped before speaking “I just wanna see you Mama.” 

Hasun noticed that she was with Bohyun, her personal maid and her son baby Ming. They had bags and baggage with them.

She held her daughter’s face and asked “Did something happen huh?” The mother gently brushes away the tears from Juniel’s face. It was red and streaked with sadness.

The girl shook her head was unable to speak properly. “I-I’m sorry Mama. I’m sorry!” She cried out.

“Did he hurt you again that’s why you’re here?”

Juniel did not answer, but the sound of her agony affirmed it.

She hugged her again and rubs her back amicably “Don’t worry. Tell me if you want to move to America, I will book tickets for us and Ming.”

“No Mama. I don’t. I want to stay here just to be with you.” She answered immediately.

“Alright. You’ll safe here with me.” Hasun did not leave Juniel the whole time. She was there besides her, comforting her while checking on baby Ming from time to time. She blamed herself for making a wrong decision. She thought Minho is perfect for her daughter leading her to set compromise with his parents. Seeing how Minho treated Juniel like an object, it will be better if they will divorce she concluded. Besides, Juniel has a son now. She does not need his support anymore. 

Minho had a schedule to give a speech at the Korean Finance Conference the following afternoon but he did not report to work on that day. His absence had reached Chairman Monghee too much of his wonder. His son had never skipped any schedule even if it is just less matter. He might be tired from last night’s celebration but still made the father confused about the reason behind it. He abruptly appointed Director Gongchan to substitute his son for that important event yet he needed to reassure that his son is okay. Monghee had tried to contact his landline in Gwangmyeong, yet nobody was answering. The old man started worrying about it. Just as the thought of it, his cell phone rang and it was Juniel’s mother.

“Monghee-shi.”

“Oh! Good morning. What can I do for you Hasun noona?”

“I just call to inform you that my daughter and baby Ming are here with me.”

“Really, also Minho?”

“No. My daughter came in last night carrying her luggage. She hasn’t spoken to me yet about their problem but I understand it’s serious. Please tell Minho that if he’s not going to show up and clear his side, I’ll be particularly open with the possible divorce. He’s not treating my daughter better than I expect, I’m totally disappointed.” The old woman was definitely mad as her voice is cracking in anger.

“Relax Mrs. Hasun. Should we have a meeting to with them? It’s not right to meddle in their issue and decides for them.”

“Yes you should. I’ll be waiting for his response. Bye!”

The sound of beep of her android, awaken Sulli. It was already 9 o’clock in the morning. She reached the phone and saw her mother’s text. Sulli sat up and rubbed her eyes clearing her vision. It was about her brother and Juniel. As soon as she read it, she quickly dressed up and drove her open-top red Ferrari to Minho’s residence. She could not celebrate still it as she needed to hear herself the confirmation from her brother. The fact that Juniel had moved out is a sign of heading to divorce, Sulli was so thrilled as she expected it long ago.

Minho was unconsciously lying on the floor when Sulli saw him. He had some empty beer bottles scattered all over the space apparently, he was drunk. Sulli slapped Minho’s leg to awaken him.

“Oppa.”

The hit brought him back to his awareness “Oh! You’re here, Sulli.”

“What happen to you?” She got annoyed by Minho’s dreary appearance. “You’re swimming in liquor. Stand up, you need to work!”

“Don’t mind me. I’m still sleepy.”

“What?” She grabbed him by his collar “Get up. Mother wants to see you. ”

“Leave me alone please.”

His sister was persistent “I’d told you before that you’re too good for her? I'm right isn't it?”

He pulled her hands off him, recalling the incident last night. Juniel is not that worst but she definitely pulls out the worst in him. Something he could not comprehend. 

“You see. Aunt Hasun just used you to cover up Juniel’s weakness and to save her company. When she realized that this relationship won't work, they leave as if nothing.”

It was sickening to think that he is being used by his aunt to gain advantage. He rose slowly to his feet, his heavy head. “I don’t care if she’ll remove me from JSB.”

“Mother said she’s is open for a possible divorce.”

“Fine with me.” Minho answered. “I have no intention to resume this marriage with her daughter. I’m done with my obligation with them.” He told her.

It delighted Sulli now that her brother is finally given up. “But what about Mingook? Do you wanna lose your son from that bastard?”

“He’s just an infant that’s why I allowed Juniel to take him with her. But I’ll do my best to get shares of custody." He affirmed.

Sulli nodded her head saying yes. Now that Juniel is gone, she can finally breathe better.

To be continued…