Alone

Make it Real

While on the plane, Minho was thinking of Juniel. "She don't need me", he said to himself. Her real parents abandoned her and Uncle Sungho's death had cause her in deep sorrow. Hurting her further is not his intention. He just do not want her to rely on this limited affair. Though its chance got opened, it is impossible to replace affliction with another heartbreak. He knew that she is needing to be loved but he cannot fulfill that emotional need only ual desire. It may sound ruthless, but he was just being considerate for both of them. Aside from that issue, he is a busy person who works really hard for his ambition something that any stay-at-home wife like Juniel will not enjoy. The sadness on her eyes are screaming for affection and so she needs a man who will respond to her.

Juniel's classmates and teachers gave her warm welcome and congratulations on her sudden marriage. They were all happy when they heard about it, knowing the girl will feel alone no more.

"Juniel you're so lucky, you got a handsome and brilliant man." Subin, a tall and slim classmate praised her.

"Yes." Agreed by her other classmates.

"What do you feel now that you're already married?"

"Of course I'm feeling great." Juniel smiled. Indeed she was proud that she married a handsome guy, but hiding in those words are sadness. Minho was engaged more in his office work than improving their marriage status.

"You'll get preggy soon yehey!" Her funny classmate Gayun while gesturing it out.

Juniel blushed at the remark, surely they were expecting baby from her.

"That's enough." The teacher interrupted their funny chitchat. "Tough Juniel is already married, she's still young for that."

Mrs. Hoon had discussed about Teenage Pregnancy and fully knowledgeable about the possible effects of it on her student. She knew Juniel is too young to become a mother. She pitied the girl when she thought her parents did not think its impact on her psycholgical state. After the class, she reminded Juniel to focus on her studies more before entering motherhood. Her physical and emotional aspects were still raw and it might risk her health as well as the baby if she is not prepared.

Juniel felt something sprouted later after her husband planted a seed inside her. Minho oriented her that  does conception and clearly they both like it. However, neither he nor her mother was able to educate her about the outcome thus she felt quiet tense. She embraced herself hoping to cope up with the difficulties then. It was her desire to be a mother regardless on how young she is.

After school, Juniel was immediately sent to Minho's family resident in Incheon where she will stay temporarily. She was bit scared knowing that she will live in the same house with Sulli. Her cousin who keeps bullying her.

"Hello Ms. Juniel, I'm Bohyun. Mrs. Choi Sunhwa had assigned me to serve you for the meantime." The thirty-nine years old personal maid greeted her with cheerful smile, while taking her luggage from the car. She is so energetic and well-rounded maid that is why Mrs. Sunhwa keeps getting her service.

"Hello. It's nice to meet you." The teenager gave her maid a shy smile that brings warmth.

From her impression, Juniel looks so cute and pretty at the same time. Bohyun did not expect to see Minho's wife that timid and soft-spoken. Base on his preference, she is actually not his type.

The girl then asked her as they entered the semi-modern luxurious mansion "Where's Uncle...I mean where's Pa and Ma?" She still had trouble on how to address her former uncle and auntie now that they became her parents-in-law.

"They're still at work Mam. They usually go home late at night." Like Minho, his parents are too indulge in work and other social activities.

"Unnie you can call me with my first name." She asked her as she is more comfortable when people calls her without title.

"I'm sorry but it's the rule."

"Alright. How about Sulli-unnie? Where is she?"

"She's in the home library, studying for exam." Minho's sister is already third year college taking up business course too. "Uh Mam, do you want to eat now? We already prepared your foods on the table."

"Okay. Let's invite Unnie to join us at dinning area?" She asked the older woman.

"Yes Mam." The maid lead the girl to the home library where her cousin was at.

They knocked on the door and Sulli respond half attentively. "Come in."

Juniel trembled upon hearing her voice but she braved the odd wanting to respect her sister-in-law inside her shelter. "Good evening Unnie." She greeted the older cousin politely.

Sulli stood up in shock, was not expecting to see that adopted girl inside her resident. "What are you doing here?!" She asked her seemingly displeased by her presence.

Bohyun did not imagine Sulli would react that way in front of Juniel. She is usually very accomodating to their guests, but different now.

"Mama said I should stay here while Minho oppa is still in Vietnam." Sulli's attitude is not new to Juniel, she is always hostile to her.

"Eh? What if I don't like?" She told her frankly.

Juniel could not answer. It was not her choice too to begin with.

"Go away! You just irritates me."

"But it's Minho Opppa's home too. It's mine also."

"Shameless! How can you say that when he's just forced on you for the sake of JSB. You know Oppa didn't wed you out of love?" The fact that Sulli did not attend their wedding means she detest that marriage.

Those sharp words cut her to her very core, Juniel's tears dropped promptly.

Bohyun felt very uncomfortable watching the scene so she retired quietly, bringing the girl's luggage to Minho's former bedroom. While Juniel remained standing there just watching herself being slandered little by little. She did not know how to defend herself nor fight back.

"It wasn't my decision. I just obey my parents." The truth is Juniel accepted the marriage, trusting her parents enough to decide for her own good. She knew that they were only thinking about her future and JSB. But even if it is arranged marriage, she kept hoping that someday Minho will learn to love her as her parents do.

"Just because you're stupid! You let my brother to suffer himself for your own sake."

"I'm not! Please don't say that! " Juniel cried out. Sulli was clearly blaming her for the thing she never did.

"If not then leave him alone. You don't know my Oppa is tormented, because he's still in love with..."

"With?" Juniel asked, curious of that missing word.

Sulli could not continue fearing her brother's anger. He warned her not to interfere with his plans since it will only create more havoc. "Nevermind."

Fortunately, while Bohyun was filing Juniel's clothes inside her cabinet, Mrs. Choi Sunhwa called up. She was asking about her daughter-in-law if she had eaten her meal. That was a great opportunity to save Juniel from Sulli's insult. She went back to the home library when she handed the phone to Juniel. 

"Hello Ma."

Mrs. Sunhwa called her daughter-in-law, gaving some notes on some rules inside the house. She advised her not to wait them as they will return late in which she nodded. Juniel tried her best to hide her emotion from her mother-in-law.

After the call ended, Sulli spoke again "You're lucky now. But never expect me to accept you here. I can't consider you as Choi moreover a sister-in-law. Duh, you're marriage contract is just fake as your birth certificate. Everything about you is fake."

Her personal maid had no right to meddle but she showed her support by tapping the girl's back. She guided Juniel leading her towards her husband's bedroom. Minho's room is as dark painted as her feeling right now. She could not appreciate it as she was greeted with such harsh welcome. Her chest was heavy and her head was aching. Bohyun calmed her by her back. She sympathized the poor girl while seeing tears on her eyes. The maid still asked her out of concern "Mam do you want me to send your food here?"

"No thanks. I'm not yet hungry." Juniel laid down on bed, burying her head on the pillow. She had lost appetite after tasting the bitterness of her sister-in-law.

"Mam just call me if you need some help."

"I will."

Before Bohyun leave, Juniel grabbed her hand and quickly asked her "Can you stay? Please I don't want to sleep alone?" She begged her.

"As much as I want it, but Mam, maids are not allowed to do that. We're strictly prohibited to eat or sleep inside our employers' room if not we'll be quickly removed from our job. I'm sorry Mam." She bowed to her and left the room frustrated to decline the girl's plead.

Juniel poured out her sorrow all alone, wishing anyone would console her right there. While her husband had not call yet, she just gave up waiting.

The following morning, Bohyun woke her up and brought her some breakfast on her bed. Juniel was informed that her parents-in-law had already took their breakfast and left early. She was not able to greet them as they were to her. The girl looks so forsaken with the way they treated her. Bohyun watched the girl silently, wishing her to remain strong amidst loneliness.

To be continued....