Suspicion

Make it Real

Minho called his parents to inform the good news. His parents were delightful at the same time proud upon hearing it, another CFG successor was made.  

“Congratulation son, I’m so happy to hear that.” Monghee and Sunhwa decided then to drop off to Minho’s house to see the baby.

Grandma Hasun was looking lovely carrying the baby in her arms. It seems like it was only yesterday that she was holding baby Juniel and now she became mother. The old woman could not ask for more as all her prayers were answered.

 

“Such an angel, he is behaved as you.” The old woman recalled. Juniel who had awoke from a short nap, enjoying the picturesque moment of her mother and her baby. All of the hardships she bore were washed out suddenly. It was God’s grace that everything became possible for her. She got up and check her little one who was there comfortably resting.

 

Hasun handed the sleeping child to his mother carefully. This is the first bonding between the mother and the baby, Juniel pressed a gentle kiss on Baby Ming’s smooth cheek. He looks so delicate! She suddenly feels more tensed now as the major transition took in. She was given some tips and ways on how to be a good mother, but she was clearly novice without any experience.

 

“I couldn’t be more happy to see you baby.” Sunhwa dropped a joyous remark, seeing her grandson for the first time. The in-laws arrived, bringing some flower bouquet as their welcome gift for the baby.

“Good evening Ma, Pa.” Greeted by Juniel. She had started feeding her son as soon as the child got hungry. Her was already producing milky colostrums but Baby Ming was in trouble staying in her . The in-laws watched the baby trying to while observing his appearance.

“He really does look like our son, Isn’t it?” Monghee asked his wife who got awestruck by the striking resemblance of Minho and the baby.

“Yes he is. Except that he has a pale complexion.” She answered. “Speaking of him, where’s Minho?” Sunhwa asked Juniel as she expected him being there.

“He rushed back to the office to finish something but he promised he'll go back as soon as possible.” Hasun interrupted. She came in after sending down the midwife.

“Ahh the issue concerning Internet Banking.” CEO Monghee already knew it as he was informed earlier.

Hasun nodded. Obviously, she was already accustomed to that commitment of her son-in-law.  

“I guess you should pump your milk to a bottle instead.” Sunhwa suggested after seeing Juniel’s dilemma.  Sunhwa had tried to feed Minho when he was a baby, but the latches hurt her that she stopped doing it.  

“Maybe we can suggest a name.” The father said excitedly, he already has one in his mind.

“Mingook. Minho gave it himself.” Hasun said.

“Ahh! Daehan Mingook.” Monghee teased it as the words translates Korean Republic, surely there is a hidden reason behind the name. “Minho told me he is planning to give his son a christening party.” He added.

“When?” Asked by Hasun.

“Maybe next month? At Lotte Hotel. He said he appointed Myeon to manage everything. ”

“I think it will be a grand celebration since it his first child.” Sunhwa assumed.

Hasun had gone for awhile to request a copy of the family relation register, synonym to birth certificate. She asked Bohyun to look after her daughter and the baby while she was working with a local consul. With her mother not around, Luhan took the opportunity again to catch a glimpse of Juniel and her baby. He peeped his head through the door and saw Juniel with Bohyun, arranging the baby crib besides the master’s bed.

“Ahem.” He entered the room and shut the door.

“Oppa.” When she saw him, real twinkles in her eyes were seen. “Come see my baby.” 

“Sure.” The baby’s appearance caught him in daze.

Juniel asked Luhan “Isn’t he cute?”

“Of course! Adorable as you!” He answered that made her burst into laughter.

Juniel playfully hits Luhan with a smile. She succumbs to his flirting each time they interact and Bohyun notice it. The old lady rebuked herself for thinking too much, she continued what she is doing.

“Unnie, can you make snack for us?”

“Huh?”

“I’m getting hungry." Juniel told her while clenching her stomach. “Well…hmm Oppa what do you like?”

“Anything will do.” Luhan answered. Bohyun and Luhan were part of the family as Juniel were treating them like no other. But it seems that Juniel frequently gives this driver a special treatment.

Bohyun had a condemning look, surely she did not like what she is seeing but she obeyed. “Excuse me.”

Without Bohyun, the two could hang out comfortably, Luhan cracked some jokes and Juniel could not stop laughing.

“What’s the difference between ignorance and apathy?” Luhan started.

“Hmm what is it?” Juniel respond, trying to figure out the meaning.

“I don’t know and I don’t care.” It is the answer.

“Hahaha!” Juniel’s laugh was so contagious, Luhan laughed as well at his shallowness, pinching her nose after. He found her so attractive when she is happy.  

“Shhh the baby is sleeping.” She told him in a silly manner.

“Nah, you’re so easy. I thought you were super dull and boring.”

“Hehe because you’re too funny!” Juniel is actually a good natured person and is ready to laugh to each joke he makes.

They were living in their own world, did not notice Minho’s entrance. As he promised, he will return as soon as the problem of JSB resolve. He was very enthusiastic to see his baby again but their noise irked him!

“The car’s fuel tank leak, please check it.” Minho commanded the driver with a straight look.

“Ahh yes sir.” Luhan jumped out of his seat as soon as he saw his master, he responded quickly.

Juniel was surprised! She was engrossed in Luhan’s foolishness that she failed to notice her husband’s coming.  

“What are you doing? Can’t you see, your baby is sleeping?” Minho looks kind of vexed. It was not his first time to see the two playfully teasing around.

“Pardon Oppa.” Juniel apologized. She stood up quietly and went closer to her baby’s crib to fix the ribbon, trying to avoid his gaze.

“Don’t invite Luhan here. This is our private room. I don’t want anyone hanging here, except you. Understand?”

“Yes Oppa.” Juniel lowered her head down, her blissful mood faded, quiet abashed at what they did.

Minho’s temper cooled down when he saw Baby Mingook. He greeted him with a kiss “How’s my baby? Do you behave when Papa is out?” He asked him tenderly. The blow of the kiss tickled the baby as its lips formed a curve. Minho took the baby from the bed carefully and transferred in to the crib he purchased. The casablanca crib’s vintage styled with an elegant bows and lace is worth $20,000 Minho ordered from a signature boutique in Gangnam District. He paid quiet a lot of money for his son, proving how he cares for him.

Minho spent time watching Baby Mingook at the side of the crib. The early scene made him think thoroughly. Whether he is jealous or not, he dislikes it! Minho let Juniel find true love. But not this time, his baby is still young and he needed her. The flirting between Luhan and Juniel could be anything as a friend though it is weird. He should not be mad, but somehow it irritates him.

Juniel’s body was exhausted now, so she tried to lie down. In a split second, Mingook awaken and cried. Juniel stood up again to the rescue. She went to the baby and exposed her shamelessly. She fixed her hair on the side so Mingook could it. The latch on was hurting her but she could careless.

Minho watched her giving a feed. “You can use bottle if it hurts you.” He suggested as Juniel tried hard to insert her to her baby’s mouth.

She would tolerate the pain as it gives healthier milk than the formula. “The midwife said milk is nutritious and will make the baby healthier.” High class mother would rather hire a nursing mother to do it instead themselves. She is in unconsciously building a strong bonding between her and the baby. feeding is natural and simple but the picture Juniel portrayed pleases him.

Minho who was sitting beside her, her brown wavy hair. Her cleverness got him this time. “I notice that you are getting closer with him lately huh?” He then felt a pang of jealous when he caught them earlier, teasing each other.

“What do you mean Oppa?” Her face turned red, stupefied, apparently hiding something.

He could not say it but deep down, he knew she understand. By the look at her eyes, he could tell.

“You and Luhan.” Minho sensed something, he suspected that the girl has feeling towards her driver.

“No. He's just nice to me.” She answered. But her eyes could not stare at him straightly.

“Nice to hear that. Because you know, I’m not going to approve it.” He told her frankly.

Oh no she exclaimed in silence. “What do you mean Oppa?” She asked him, curious to know if he already knew it or somebody told it to him.

Minho gave her a heavy look and it sends little shivers inside her. Smart like Minho could read someone’s mind as she is obvious. The fact is Juniel’s frail personality and social status does not match Luhan at all, it is a weird combo for him.

“No Oppa. He’s just a brother to me.” Juniel denied though she sounds a little bit disappointed. It is so unfair of him that he disapproves her preference just like her mother did.

“Good, I want you to stay focus on our baby, Put all your emotion on hold Juniel. The right time will come, don’t rush it.” He commanded her.

“Yes.” She nodded, doubtful of her answer. Juniel continued feeding her baby. Her mind was already pre-occupied with what he said. She kept asking herself on what she really feels about Luhan. He is cute and humorous, also gentleman. Any girl in her position would fell instantly. But for some reason, it scares her. Knowing Minho rejected their friendship or relationship whatsoever. Judging by the sound of his remark, Minho can block any impending romance between them.

To be continued….